Mum and moi take Orlando: the never-ending trip report (aka we are nuts) NEW 5/20 x4!!!

So here I was thinking to myself ..... what is different about Meg ?? She looks different, but I can't put my finger on it ...

And then I realized - you got your braces off !! They might have been off for a while and I never noticed because I'm so observant and all.

I hope you have a great trip !! Can't wait to see your photos !!

I'm late buy I'm in. Ohhh moving to Orlando SCORE! What a great mom to move for ya. Just think Fl. residents passes that you can make payments on. FYI for your mom, this from a friend who did the same thing, registering(?) your car there is $$$. Can't wait on reading more about the trip and the move. Good luck on selling the house and have fun getting ready. Time to do a countdown chain.

Great job kakers with the trivia! Cute stuff for the silent auction too!

You look adorable with your cats - love their names! :cutie:

Wishing you all the best with the house hunting!

Wow how exciting, I've read your other trip reports so am really looking forward to this one and hearing all about moving to the happiest place on earth xx

Rumbley in my tumbley >>>>>>
I would legitimately go and rip those Mike wall decorations off the wall and put them in my bag. No. Freaking. Lie.

I wanted to. Badly. The DISmeet police would be after moi though.

Even if it means stalking it at the end of the night they would HAVE TO go home with me because LOOK AT MIKE. All the MU decorations. I can't. That little flag UGH

That little flag that we will be using in January?!

Is this Sofia backpack in your possession? Because it should be. Cuz then in January we can be princess backpack twins

No it isn’t. IDK WHY.

STITCH + ICE CREAM

Knew you would love it.

And what is this delicious red velvet looking type thing?!?

It was like a cake roll or something, idk.

So here I was thinking to myself ..... what is different about Meg ?? She looks different, but I can't put my finger on it ...

And then I realized - you got your braces off !! They might have been off for a while and I never noticed because I'm so observant and all.

I hope you have a great trip !! Can't wait to see your photos !!

Yes! I got my braces off! In December, but that’s fine!
We did! Oh yeah there will be photos. In three days I took 1500. #DSLRproblems

I'm late buy I'm in. Ohhh moving to Orlando SCORE! What a great mom to move for ya. Just think Fl. residents passes that you can make payments on. FYI for your mom, this from a friend who did the same thing, registering(?) your car there is $$$. Can't wait on reading more about the trip and the move. Good luck on selling the house and have fun getting ready. Time to do a countdown chain.

Welcome!
Thank you so much!

Great job kakers with the trivia! Cute stuff for the silent auction too!

You look adorable with your cats - love their names! :cutie:

Wishing you all the best with the house hunting!

Haha thanks and there was a lot of awesome silent auction prizes.
Oh well thanks :-)
Thank you! It went well!

Wow how exciting, I've read your other trip reports so am really looking forward to this one and hearing all about moving to the happiest place on earth xx

Aww thanks!​

June 29th: NE DISmeet day 2

WE ARE BACK. We got home at 3 am last night (well this morning) and then I was up at 10. I’m just a little tired. But we had a wonderful trip and we looked at houses and… well we will get more into that soon. I still have this update to do on the DISmeet, then after that, we will be heading to the Happiest Place on Earth. Y’all better be ready.

So we got up bright and early because we were having a private screening of Monsters University at 9:30 am. So we got ready and then we were out the door by 8:15 ish because we had to go to the dump and to the bank and then we were on our way!

We arrived here.
shoc.jpg

We headed inside and straight to the theater. I got a donut from the snack table they had. Mum insisted for a bite and then continued to take a giant piece. How rude.

We sat next to Kaelea and Kevin, and then Matt and his mom were in front of us. Then we had Teresa in front of us after. Which was awesome.

There were no trailers, which was weird. The Blue Umbrella started playing right away and it was so cute. It was like Paperman. But will umbrellas. And of course, Teresa needed some tissues (;

MU started right after and guys, it was perfect. I DEFINETLY like Monsters Inc. better but MU had a great story and it was cool to see the characters pre-scare floor days. I enjoyed it and I give it two claws up. You get it?!

Moving on…

We got out of the theater at about 11:30 and headed over to the Country Club, where we were the night before, and where they were having all the events, which was nice instead of several different venues.

We headed inside and noticed they opened up a whole new area of the place. There was much more room!
t03b.jpg

We looked around and I took some more pictures.

The door prize area.
lurh.jpg

They also had this silent auction prize, which was new. HOW SICK IS THIS. I so wanted it. LIKE STUFFED ANIMALS AND OTHER STUFF I DON’T NEED HOLLA.
yxdp.jpg

Centerpieces on the tables.
6xyo.jpg

They had a bunch of MU stickers and crayons and other stuff for the kids. I WANTED THOSE STICKERS.
81sz.jpg

They also had the AWESOME bags from Subway that they were giving out. To the little kids. HOW RUDE I WANTED ONE.
54jg.jpg

They had iced tea and lemonade. YUMMO.
c2f3.jpg

One of the best silent auction prizes.
rspr.jpg

Heaven.
ymjs.jpg

I went around to some of the Podcast team and got their picture since I was one of the official photographers.
foyz.jpg

nkic.jpg

azd8.jpg

Corey looked at me before I took his picture with John and he said “This isn’t going on Instagram, right?!” since Julie follows moi and Corey kinda knows moi too. We are tight. Not really…

They also had face painting for the kids!
d7wm.jpg

LET’S GET ON WITH THE FOOD!

There were hot dogs, burgers, watermelon, pasta, salad, chips, chicken, and I am probably forgetting something. The food was so good, including the hot dogs. THEY WERE REAL, unlike the ones Mum gets that have like no calories since they are fat free, free this, free that. But these were GOOD.
xpd1.jpg

After lunch, it was game show time! What happened was that 10 people had to pay $25 to play in a game show with one of the podcast members. And even though I was on picture duty the whole time, I got to help our table win points, which was fun.

What the game show was was that they read off a line and you had to fill in the blank in the line with something. For example, one of them was Miss Piggy saw Kermit with Minnie Mouse so she hit him over the head with _____. So the podcast members and their partners had to each come up with something and we had to guess it what we thought they wrote down. I hope that makes sense…

So I took pictures of the teams, so enjoy those.
7eax.jpg

wvlm.jpg

fjoe.jpg

1eqx.jpg

ht1r.jpg

7crn.jpg

ysdr.jpg

Our table lost of course with like 10 points. Oh well…

After the game finished, they did the door prizes and I won an ink and paint shirt from the Walt Disney Family Museum! I LOVE it, but it a 3 XL, so it is big but whatever.

And that was it for Saturday’s events! We said goodbye to everyone and headed home to start packing.

Except I mostly edited pictures all night and wrote the first update. And I started packing at like 8:30 and got everything together. Nothing like waiting till the last minute or anything…

AND I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION! We raised over $22,000 for Give Kids the World and they are going to get up to a $10,000 match from a company or something so YAY!!!!!!!!!!!​

I can't wait to see Monsters University it doesn't come out in UK until 12 July! That's an amazing amount to raise for GKTW. Looking forward to the next update xx

Mum...don't be eating my food.

Hey, eye have that Mike plush! I wants Squishy though...
"Stuffed animals and other stuff I don't need holla" Yes. Yes. Yes.
Unnecessary stuff is the best.

I have that subway bag too! LOL

I love seeing photos of the podacst team !! They look like such fun people. You are so lucky to be able to meet them. And YAY for raising so much money for GKTW !! That is fantastic !!

That MU gift basket with all of the stuffed animals was EPIC. I would have wanted that, too. And the Subway bags and the stickers .......

Susan

I can't wait to see Monsters University it doesn't come out in UK until 12 July! That's an amazing amount to raise for GKTW. Looking forward to the next update xx

You’ll love it!
Right?! I was so happy to hear that!

Mum...don't be eating my food.

Hey, eye have that Mike plush! I wants Squishy though...
"Stuffed animals and other stuff I don't need holla" Yes. Yes. Yes.
Unnecessary stuff is the best.

I have that subway bag too! LOL

SQUISHLY IS ADORABLE. ME LOVE HIM.
Well yeah.
I KNOW.

I love seeing photos of the podacst team !! They look like such fun people. You are so lucky to be able to meet them. And YAY for raising so much money for GKTW !! That is fantastic !!

That MU gift basket with all of the stuffed animals was EPIC. I would have wanted that, too. And the Subway bags and the stickers .......

Susan

The podcast team is awesome! I just love them. So fantastic!
ME TOO. All that stuff was adorable.

I'm thinking MU shirts...

DUH. MU shirts all the way!​

June 30th (part 1): Getting to FL!

For some odd reason, I slept REALLY well. There wasn’t the whole I CAN’T SLEEP CAUSE DISNEY thing. I don’t know why. I probably sound NUTS because I couldn’t sleep. But I am nuts so you should expect nothing less. I went right to bed without a problem and woke up the next morning right when I was supposed to. Weird.

Mum couldn’t sleep though. She was up before 3am and then got ready while I slept till 3:30. Beauty sleep, dudes.

We got a few last minute things together to put in our suitcase and we were out the door by 4:45.

We were about a half hour away from our house when Mum almost hit a bunny. It was starting to run across the road and she didn’t even see it. I saw it out my window in the pitch black and then it stopped right before it was about to smash into the tire.

I looked at Mum and said “You know you almost just hit a bunny.”

She was like “WHAT OMG HOW?!?!?”

mum almost killed a bunny this morning. SHE IS A BUNNY MURDERER!!!! (kinda)

It was lovely. Very lovely.

After that incident, we drove along to the airport and arrived there a little after 6.

And parked in the economy lot.

It was the cheapest, but then you have to take the tram to the airport and all that and ain’t nobody got time for dat. But mum’s big excuse for everything now is “Well I have no job!” she may or may not have a point there.

We parked, got everything out of the car, and a shuttle was just getting there so we hopped on and then checked in our bags once we got to the entrance.

I really wanted to stay on the shuttle though because a great opera song was playing. I joined in. It was magical.

Anyways, a family in front of had ME tags on their suitcases (GOOD JOB!) and they said AK on them. Mum was like “Aw that is awesome! Animal Kingdom Lodge!” I took a closer look at the tags. Yeah no. Animal Kingdom RESORT AREA. They were staying at All Star Movies. I kind of looked away and didn’t say anything.

#deluxesnob

We headed to security and we had no problems, except my bow was going off so they had to pat my head down. At least it was better than what happened later, but I am getting ahead of myself.

I was trying to get all my stuff together after security and then I dropped my baby.

MY BABY.

My $600 or so baby.

I picked my baby up off of the ground and made sure it was ok. I took a picture with it and everything was fine, so we moved on. BUT STILL.

This morning has been interesting. Thus far, we had the bunny incident, I listened to opera, and I dropped my camera.

We headed to our gate and then got Dunkins for breakfast. Everyone in the airport had the same idea.

I got a bacon, egg, and cheese on a croissant and Mum got a bagel, which was half wheat and half white. NICE GOING DUNKINS.

Mum posed with my orange juice. FROM THE BEST STATE EVAH.
9d2d.jpg

My croissant.
05q6.jpg

Cuties.
5z1s.jpg

While I ate my breakfast at our gate, I listened in on people’s conversations, cause that is what I do best.

And then I continued to tweet about them. YOU’RE WELCOME.

"Are you guys just going to Disney or are you going to Universal?" "We are going to both!" Idiots. WHY.

"We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside for 11 days!" Mum- "we'll be there for forever soon!"

It’s quite fun to hear people talk about Disney. I guess they don’t realize how stupid they sound. Some of them, anyways.

I used the bathroom before we left (important info) and THEY AHD THE AWESOME HAND DRYERS FROM DYSON.

I am so strange.

MOVING ON.

We started boarding at about 7:30 and I rented a movie off of Amazon and it never finished downloading, which stunk.

And then I noticed there was a bird flying around in the airport. I can’t be making this stuff up here, people.

Of course, NO ONE followed directions to line up since we were on Southwest. So ridiculous.

PLUS we were also delayed 10 minutes because one of the STEWARDESSES (idk if that is even how you spell that) WAS LATE. LIKE REALLY. 10 minutes would be fine anywhere else BUT COME ON NOW. I WAS GOING TO DISNEY WORLD FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD.

Loser.

We finally boarded and we found two seats together and some little dude sat next to Mum. And then he fell asleep. On her. Oh the joys of flying.

Before takeoff, we browsed through the best magazine in the world and I saw SO much stuff that I wanted.
lky1.jpg

Mum enjoyed Sky Mall very much, just look.
p7ip.jpg

I wanted to get this for our kitties, but sadly, Mum said no. LIKE WHY.
t1d4.jpg

I looked out the window before takeoff and saw THIS. Like, HOW AWESOME!
tudx.jpg

Pretty soon, we were taking off, which wasn’t bad at all.

I wrote in my journal for a while and watched most of my movie, well what was downloaded anyways.

I also read for a little bit and before I/we knew it, WE WERE AT MCO!

I basically ran off the plane and cheered. And then we had to use the bathroom. AND THEN I died over this.
i0ps.jpg

AND THEN we took the fake-o-rail.

We were at the main terminal in like two seconds and then I saw it.

A TOUR GROUP FLAG.

So I ran for my life. No lie. I cannot stand tour groups and they were already starting. And that is why we don’t go to Disney in July. TOUR GROUP CENTRAL.

This made moi feel better though.
l6n7.jpg

We headed down to baggage check and this is when I realized how many people were clueless about the Magical Express. It started on the plane. Then I saw people wheeling their luggage AT MCO with the tags on. It seems like people don’t get how to use ME. AT ALL. I saw people asking how they use ME at THE AIRPORT. Like read the instructions. Not that hard. And I heard people say “I thought we put the tags on at the airport.” NO NO AND MORE NO.

People need to learn how to use Magical Express. Like it’s not that hard.

We got our bags and then went to Budget to pick up our rental car.

And that is when we waited over 40 minutes to get our stupid car. The line was SO long and so ridiculous and people were up at the desk for like 20 minutes. WHY.

This line for car rentals <<<<

Ok this is ridiculous. Like can I have a Fastpass for this line

It was THAT long and being spoiled by FPs and all, I HATE to wait. Like why would you ever wait in lines over 20-30 minutes when there are FASTPASSES?! I really needed one for this line. BADLY.

STILL WAITING. HOW CRAPPIN HARD DOES THIS HAVE TO BE

It was just awful. It was wasting precious Disney time and that is so not cool. I just wanted to leave and that was not happening at any point soon.

Like I said, we waited for about 40 minutes and seriously, we were up at the desk for 5 minutes or so. WHAT WAS UP BEFORE.

We headed to the garage and up to the second level. Now on the second level, Budget and Avis are up there. Our car was in E11 and we couldn’t find it. There was an E11. But in the Avis section. So I heard some choice words from my mother and then we headed up the desk to ask where the crap E11 was. The woman told us “oh right over there.” BUT IT WAS IN AVIS, which made NO sense whatsoever but it was our car! So we loaded everything in to our Ford AND WE WERE ON OUR WAY! Finally.

Our Ford Focus. In the Avis section.
ufci.jpg

Getting out of the airport wasn’t a problem and we found our way right away. Not hard at all!

Then it rained the whole way. WELCOME TO THE SUNSHINE STATE!

Our wipers stunk on our car so that was pleasant.

Pretty soon, I saw signs. SIGNS DUDES.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE.
2vp2.jpg

OMG. (and I added the somewhat blue sky via Photoshop. It was still raining)
qzxv.jpg

AHHHHH
aksn.jpg

EEEEEEEEE.
ubhe.jpg

PURPLE SIGNS!!!!
61oe.jpg

CRYING.
nhqr.jpg

Nothing quite like the moment you drop your camera and your heart legit stops for a couple of seconds. It had a rough trip, didn't it?

"We headed to our gate and then got Dunkins for breakfast. Everyone in the airport had the same idea."
LOL annoying.

If its the hand dryer I'm thinking of then yes this is important info. I CAN'T STAND HAND DRYERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T DRY YO HANDS AND THAT'S ANNOYING

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor mum. Personal space problems.

OMG THE SHAMU PLANE

FEELS <3

I LOVE SHAMU

Oh my these DME noobs. DOESN'T ANY BODY READ THINGS THAT COME IN THE MAIL ?! (Some of this is also pent up landlord range)

HAY. Ford Focus AND its a hatchback. THAT'S OUR CAR!!!! Dying.

Sorry not sorry for all my cap locks.

"Anyways, a family in front of had ME tags on their suitcases (GOOD JOB!) and they said AK on them. Mum was like “Aw that is awesome! Animal Kingdom Lodge!” I took a closer look at the tags. Yeah no. Animal Kingdom RESORT AREA. They were staying at All Star Movies. I kind of looked away and didn’t say anything."

HAHAHAHAHA!!:rotfl2:

Nothing quite like the moment you drop your camera and your heart legit stops for a couple of seconds. It had a rough trip, didn't it?

It had a VERY tough trip. I feel bad for it. :sad1:

"We headed to our gate and then got Dunkins for breakfast. Everyone in the airport had the same idea."
LOL annoying.

The line was SO long. And they had like one person working there.

If its the hand dryer I'm thinking of then yes this is important info. I CAN'T STAND HAND DRYERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T DRY YO HANDS AND THAT'S ANNOYING

It's the one where you stick your hands in and it drys them so well. I LOVE THOSE. They have them at the AMC at DTD.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA poor mum. Personal space problems.

The kid slept on her for like the whole flight.

OMG THE SHAMU PLANE

FEELS <3

I LOVE SHAMU

I WANTED TO BE ON IT.

Oh my these DME noobs. DOESN'T ANY BODY READ THINGS THAT COME IN THE MAIL ?! (Some of this is also pent up landlord range)

GUESS NOT. Like read you idiots.

HAY. Ford Focus AND its a hatchback. THAT'S OUR CAR!!!! Dying.

THE APPLE!

Sorry not sorry for all my cap locks.

It's fine.

"Anyways, a family in front of had ME tags on their suitcases (GOOD JOB!) and they said AK on them. Mum was like “Aw that is awesome! Animal Kingdom Lodge!” I took a closer look at the tags. Yeah no. Animal Kingdom RESORT AREA. They were staying at All Star Movies. I kind of looked away and didn’t say anything."

HAHAHAHAHA!!:rotfl2:

Values and moi do not mix. At all.​

June 30th (part 2): Shopping and eating aka my two favorite things

Once we got to DTD, we were on a mission to find a parking spot. And if y’all have ever parked at DTD, you know this is a pain in the butt. There are like no parking spaces. So we drove around for like five minutes and finally found one. Yes, I know five minutes sounds like 2 seconds, but we were in Disney. PRECIOUS DISNEY TIME.

It was still sprinkling when we got there, but not horrible.

I got all of my stuff out of my suitcase aka my pins, extra pins, my second lens, and other stuff that I can’t remember. I also put stuff into my suitcase because really, I didn’t want to be carrying around my Kindle. I didn’t want to be the new edition of the ipads take over Disney. Except with Kindles of course. That wasn’t happening and I didn’t want to see my picture all over Instagram with moi holding up my Kindle. It’s not like I would do that, since I know better, but still.

So we parked behind T-Rex and the rain started picking up. So we ran to Wolfgang Puck Express because um HEAVEN ON EARTH.

I put my poor camera under my shirt so it wouldn’t get wet and looked like a total idiot. And I was running to WPE at the same time.

We got there and I found a table while Mum ordered.

SO EXCITED TO BE REUNITED WITH MY MAC AND CHEESE!

Mum came back soon and then our waiter brought our food in about 15 minutes.

GUYS. OH MY GOD.

We ordered the mac and cheese.
fsof.jpg

And the margherita pizza.
t9tt.jpg

I don’t know what was up, but the food just tasted amazing. I mean, it ALWAYS is amazing but it was just SO GOOD. I literally ate everything in under five minutes and the plates were clean.

I just went to heaven. #wpe

Our waiter came over to take everything away and Mum said “we were really hungry!” He kind of laughed but I know he was thinking “wow look at these pooh sized people.” I know that for a fact. Seriously.

After I went to Heaven and back, we started SHOPPING!

We started out at the Days of Christmas store.
rn8v.jpg

I was dying to see the new character shoe ornaments and OMG they were awesome. They were mostly villains but that was fine.
4obb.jpg

eieo.jpg

HOW SICK ARE THOSE. I just loved them.

They had this AWESOME Nightmare Before Christmas shirt in there. I loved it, but didn’t get it since I have WAY too many Disney shirts.
fevz.jpg

LOVE.
h22y.jpg

Next we went into the Art of Disney store and I drooled over everything.

gkgi.jpg

For my twin.
1nqd.jpg

BUT PASCAL.
e11f.jpg

v3v6.jpg

I need this. Yes, NEED.
vk80.jpg

Then we went to Mickey’s Pantry and I bought one of the awesome magnets there, as shown below. I got the Snow White one, of course.
82d0.jpg

2vr2.jpg

Next was Tren-D and I GOT NOTHING IN THERE. Shocker, I know.

THE CUTENESS NEEDS TO STOP.
37qq.jpg

We looked at the Beautifully Disney stuff since they just released the Unlock the Spell series.
nj4o.jpg

3niq.jpg

Can I have this.
jdl0.jpg

Then we went to arribas bros and looked at all of the stuff we can’t afford.
s80j.jpg

3hig.jpg

Next was Basin.
5fo8.jpg

v95v.jpg

Cute, Mum.
xvpr.jpg

Last but not least was World of Disney.
6sxy.jpg

It wasn’t crazy in there like it usually is. THANK THE LORD UP ABOVE.

I think I pin traded with a CM at the door and then she told me they were doing pin trading at the pin wall so I ran over there CAUSE PINS.

There was a CM with a book there and I got a pin from there. This CM was doing her CP and of course moi being a future CM and all, got into a conversation with her and getting into the CP and I said how I was interested in it. She gave moi some awesome advice!

In WoD, Mum got some coconut patties for some friends of hers, and I got a present for someone but I can’t say what it is because she is reading this…..

We checked out and I noticed they have all of the touch to pay things, and they had them everywhere we went. MyMagic+, dudes.
iyd0.jpg

After we checked out, we headed out of World of Disney and onto our next destination!​

"Wow look at those pooh sized people."

LMAO BUT REALLY that's what I think people think of me when I'm eating...

There is no such things as "too many Disney shirts"

BUT OMG THE LANTERN SCENE AND PASCAL AND ALL MY FEELS
I have never wanted a piece of Disney art so bad.

BAHA mum XP
Cute soap too tho

*flails* and you know why

"Wow look at those pooh sized people."

LMAO BUT REALLY that's what I think people think of me when I'm eating...

I can't wait for Ohana...

There is no such things as "too many Disney shirts"

You have a point there.

BUT OMG THE LANTERN SCENE AND PASCAL AND ALL MY FEELS
I have never wanted a piece of Disney art so bad.

I KNOW. LIKE GIMMEEEE.

BAHA mum XP
Cute soap too tho

Me want that soap.

*flails* and you know why

Oh yes! I do know why!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter