"MUST-DO's" on kidless trip?

Thanks for all of the great ideas. We too are going on a kidless trip in October. While we have a list of our own, some of these ideas were things we had not even thought about.

My first thought when I read this post was--if you need to ask what to do when kids aren't around, then you have been parents for way too long:teeth: Seriously, I would also second going to Boma's, having a drink at Dueling Pianos, having an 8:00 dinner at France, walking around the lagoon SLOWLY and looking at whatever you want, watching the fireworks from the hammocks at Caribbean Beach(SHARE one hammock), take a late night walk around the lagoon at your resort, sleep in and then have a lazy breakfast, and yes, jump naked on the beds. Just be sure your health insurance is paid up first, those old bones aren't as forgiving as they used to be!:D

How about Dolphins in Depth at Epcot - only during the week, limited to 8 people, swimming not required.

I LOVE these ideas and many of them are on our list!
We are definitely doing some nights out at PI and the 7 hour backstage magic tour. The only reason we are not doing V&A's is because we do NOT want to pack any fancy clothes -- we have decided this trip is casssshhhhhual all the way!!!! we are also going to take the opportunity to see some of the other resorts, like OKW and AKL. We have already made some PS including a dinner at Olivia's, a dinner at Cape May Cafe and a lunch at 50s prime time cafe. Will definitely try to get to Boma when we visit AKL. We have also planned some hot tub time and are looking forward to annoying our downstairs and next door neighbors LOTS ;) by jumping on the bed :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Definitey want to see the fireworks from high up! And we are planning at least one late night ride of the monorail circuit to see the World at night, all lit up!!! Will definitely have to figure out how to get to Bistro de Paris to have a fireworks dinner.
What else!!???

Dinner and dancing on the Boardwalk at Atlantic Dance Hall would be fun when you're staying at BCV. We enjoyed a very romantic anniversary dinner at Palio's in the Swan once. There have been threads about drinking your way around World Showcase or eating chocolate all the way around World Showcase, would depend on your poison, I guess. My idea of a perfect grown-up trip would be one during the Food & Wine Festival (some day). My DH thinks that the most romantic spot in WDW is the huge (two person) spa tubs in the OKW 1 BR's. Diana

Originally posted by keenercam
We have also planned some hot tub time and are looking forward to annoying our downstairs and next door neighbors LOTS ;) by jumping on the bed.

prizrak1.gif
"Have
smlove2.gif
fun!"
11z1happy.gif

I am Keenercam's other half.... she is by far the better half. I am looking forward to this trip right along with her. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I can't wait to Jump ;) on the beds naked with her. :bounce: That is by far the greatest suggestion I've seen so far. Keep the ideas coming.... We'll take all of them into consideration. We want to make it the best time away possible. Thank you!

Howard

Our favorite is The Adventurers' Club. It is definetly adult comedy, and it is done very well. I can spend a whole night there, and never see the exact same thing twice. I would reccomend staying at least a couple of hours, as it takes that long to warm up to the unique comedy they offer.

Have fun........perhaps we'll see you in October :cool:

disclaimer: still working on that spell check thing!

The suggestions here have been really great! I would add to that doing a Hidden Mickey hunt (fun even w/o kids). And don't forget to do a couple of things that will make you *feel* like a kid again, even though you won't have them with you......Splash Mountain always does that for me. Walking around the boardwalk and holding hands and then getting a big ol' sloppy
ice cream sundae from Beaches & Cream is fun. You could aways do the Rehitchin' ceremony at the Garden Grill too.

Have a great trip!
Nancy :earsgirl:

We did the 7 1/2 hour 'Backstage Magic' tour. It was great. The way things all start coming together towards the end. It was cool to get behind the scenes, in the tunnels beneath the magic kingdom, and many other places. A very well put together Disney program and a lot of fun.
Steve

1. Dinner at O'Hana's, then snuggle on a hammock and watch the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom.

2. Dinner at Victoria & Albert's.

3. Make a PS at the Rose & Crown (ask for a patio table), then enjoy a nice dinner & watch an unobstructed view of Illuminations from your table while eating dessert.

4. Stroll along the Boardwalk. What about a bike ride?

5. Have a late dinner at Cindy's (ask for a window seat) and watch the fireworks. Another quiet place to watch is at the wishing well.

6. Have a late dinner at Artist Point, then take a quiet stroll around the resort.

7. Dinner at the California Grill, then watch the fireworks.

8. Rent a couple of watermice at one of the MK resorts.

I walk very slowly with my camera, LOL. :) Lots of great ideas here, have done many of them myself. I do try to take a tour on every trip and did start with the all-day Backstage Magic one, a great one it is. Take a long, slow, smeel-the-roses type walk around the whole Epcot resort complex, like from the Swan, through the Boardwalk, over to the Y&BC area and then back to the Dolphin, or from any other start/end point. Ride the Friendship boats for a few circuits, sitting out on the back deck if you can, soaking it all in. And yes, definitely Cirque. Enjoy.

Take a late nite swim

Do the monorail drink tour....have a drink in the lounges of each of the monorail resorts.....after a couple lapu lapu's.....your gonna want to jump around naked ....but make sure you are in your room first...lol

Stroll along the beach from the poly to the GF

Sit at the pool bar at your resort at night and have a few drinks.

Coral reef is very beautiful and romantic if you get a later ps

Go to Cindy's breakfast without the kids....takes on a whole new atmosphere.

Explore other resorts...eat at their restaraunts

Hope that gives you some ideas.

oops...almost forgot these......get a couples massage at one of the spas

sit in the hot tub in the evening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter