MVMCP for the rides?

disneymouse16

Mouseketeer
Hello! So I am looking to take my DS for his 7th birthday last week of November. We are only able to do 3 days. I am considering trying to pack all 4 parks in by doing Animal Kingdom in the morning, taking a break at the hotel and doing Magic Kingdom for the Christmas party. What are ride wait times like during the party? Our objective would be rides not really the Christmas stuff. Would we be able to get enough done? Or would it be better to cut one of the other parks and give Magic Kingdom a full day? Considering my options!

Based on the 2022 parties, you would be able to do as many attractions during the party as you would during a full day. Very low waits except for Jingle Cruise.

We attended this years party. We arrived at 4pm and left around 11:00/11:30. You can absolutely get all the rides in and likely ride even more than once. Most rides were walk on’s. We purchased an ILL for SDMT though I believe wait was under 40 minutes most of party. Only line with consistent wait was jungle cruise.

Only thing to consider is that it may be a late night. Keep this in mind for your plan for type following day as it sounds like your son is on the younger side. Also, I know you said your weren’t into the Christmas stuff, but the parade really is quite magical !

Things have likely changed post-covid, but before that, we'd make a beeline past the crowds mobbing the length of Main Street and the Hub for a good parade-watching spot.

We headed past the Plaza Restaurant and on into Tomorrowland, slowly working our way around the fringes doing rides. Almost never waited more than 5-10 minutes, most being walkons. The super-popular ones like 7DMT had longer waits but nothing like daytime ones. We'd just go elsewhere, returning to those once the parade got going when practically everybody else is parade focused.

We did 3 MVMCPs like that and had a great time.

The only catch is that during fireworks the area behind the castle is closed off for safety. Make sure to be in Adventureland or Frontierland then.

It is possible but would also be an expensive day. I'm not sure if cost is a factor but I would also be considering if Park Hoppers, Genie+, and $ILL may let you accomplish a similar amount for not as much cost.

It is possible but would also be an expensive day. I'm not sure if cost is a factor but I would also be considering if Park Hoppers, Genie+, and $ILL may let you accomplish a similar amount for not as much cost.

I haven't run the numbers on those other things! I know at WDW I typically feel like park hopping is too much of a pain. But that would give us a more flexibility... Is Magic Kingdom relatively low crowds on a party day?

I haven't run the numbers on those other things! I know at WDW I typically feel like park hopping is too much of a pain. But that would give us a more flexibility... Is Magic Kingdom relatively low crowds on a party day?
Yes, MK on a party day is historically lower crowds until 4PM. We plan our MK days on party days to take advantage of lower crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter