MVMCP Roll Call

cruise-o-matic said:
Just bought our tickies for MVMCP for 12/11. Who else is going?????

BTW, any suggestions on where to eat before the party starts? DD loves Crystal Palace, but what about CR or GF?

:wizard:

Unless you already have MYW tickets that you are using that day.....I wouldn't waste park time for a sit-down meal. My DH and I ate a larger lunch when we went last year outside the park and then arrived at 4 to get on the rides we knew would be closed after 6pm (like jungle cruise...)

We originally had planned to eat at LTT but wanted to do rides/parades instead....

Incidently, My gang of 8 will be at the world from 11th to 17th so may be at MVMCP on 11th.

poohj80 said:
We've always found there to be light crowds but we have avoided weekend nights since we hear they are more crowded due to locals visiting.

Thank you for the input! I'd like to give it a try. We went to MNNSHP in 2003 and thought it was great. Wonder which of those three dates would be best - Sun (12/4), Tues (12/6) or Thurs (12/8)? I'm thinking Tues or Thurs would be better. Anyone have any thoughts?

get_us_to_WDW said:
Thank you for the input! I'd like to give it a try. We went to MNNSHP in 2003 and thought it was great. Wonder which of those three dates would be best - Sun (12/4), Tues (12/6) or Thurs (12/8)? I'm thinking Tues or Thurs would be better. Anyone have any thoughts?
We've done a Sunday and Thursday night previously and they were both pretty light crowds. I say pick whichever fits your schedule best!

We'll be there 11/29 with reservation at LTT just like 2 years ago...smjj

Might be best off with Tuesday. We went last year on the Sunday after Thanksgiving and it was CROWDED! I am sure being turkey weekend didn't help.

Guess I'm going to have to research this whole MVMCP thing better. I assume All Ears will update their site soon. I wasn't aware that some of the rides would be closed. We might have to cancel our PS @ LTT; eat a large, late lunch; and try to ride some of our favorites before we're herded (gently, I hope - no cattle prods ;) ) into Tomorrowland.

goofyforlife said:
Unless you already have MYW tickets that you are using that day.....I wouldn't waste park time for a sit-down meal. My DH and I ate a larger lunch when we went last year outside the park and then arrived at 4 to get on the rides we knew would be closed after 6pm (like jungle cruise...)

We originally had planned to eat at LTT but wanted to do rides/parades instead....

Incidently, My gang of 8 will be at the world from 11th to 17th so may be at MVMCP on 11th.

We're getting PAP's....DW & I are going back in Jan for the 1/2 Marathon. Then in July for DD's 9th and finally old enough to ride the real horses at FW. Then squeeze in a 4th trip in Sep or Nov.....Yep, DVC is a real money saver :rotfl2:

We'll be at VWL Dec. 7 - 11. Right now I don't have a final count on who's coming. How long can I wait before getting the tickets? I don't want to miss the party. That's the main reason we are going. :worried:

We are going December 8!!!

We eat a 5 PM dinner at Ohana and then take the monorail into MK.

Tootsietoo, if there is a particular night you really want to go I wouldn't wait too much longer. Some nights were sold out by the first week of October last time we went (2003). :)

We'll be there on 12/4. What time can we get into the park with our MVMCP tickets?

We're going to MVMCP on 12/4, our first time. We've got LTT set for 5:40. Can't wait!! :goodvibes

new_yawka said:
December 20 :earsboy:

Us, too!! :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: DH, DS, and I will be there on the 20th...it's our first MVMCP. Right now we've got an AR at Tony's, but I'm planning to switch it to CRT instead and hit Tony's for another meal.

We will be there 12/20 with reservations at LTT for 6:30. This is our first time at the Christmas party, we did the Halloween party in 2003, and we are so excited! :Pinkbounc

MikeBW said:
We'll be there on 12/4. What time can we get into the park with our MVMCP tickets?
It's been reported that, in previous years, they let you in around 4:00 p.m. I hope so, look forward to sneaking in a few rides before the official start time.

11-29 for us.
We will do another park in the morning. Head outside the park for a light dinner. Stop at the room to change clothes and be back at MK before 4PM.
Last year we were able to get two of the special shows in before the official start of the party. The stage play in Tomorrowland was around 6:30 and then the high school brass band played under the track for TTA right before 7PM.
So when the party started, we already had two shows under our belt.

If at all possible do the second parade rather than the first one, less crowded. And don't get in line right away for your pictures. The lines are a lot shorter as the night goes on.
This will be our 4th MVMCP. We really enjoy it.

kathyseb said:
And don't get in line right away for your pictures. The lines are a lot shorter as the night goes on.
We have found the complete opposite. To us, it seems like folks want to hit the rides first and then realize they haven't taken their photo yet towards the end of the night and the lines get longer as the night goes on. We usually head to a photo spot toward the back of the park as it seemed like most people stopped at the first one they saw.

December 8th - 1st MVMCP!

I don't know what to expect, but our plan is to do another park in the morning, go for lunch/swim/nap and come back in the afternoon for MK and the party. We are staying off-site this trip at HGVC - International Drive.

Do you think there is enough time in the day for our plans?

Cheers,

11/29 for us. It will be hubby and I at Liberty Tree Tavern (a tradition!) at 5:10, followed by much merriment during the party!

I was also planning to book a Candlelight Processional Package, but I've decided against it for the first time ever. I think we'll use our DDE card (to save $$) for dinner one night (with advanced dining res) and just gamble on the standby line. We're there for 10 days, so we can try several nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter