MY ADENTURES N SAN ANTONIO, BANDERA, STONEWALL TEXAS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '16

So you are a red man M&M er....

Personality Quiz: Which M&M Are You? - Quibblo!
www.quibblo.com/quiz/bGSWXB2/Which-MM-Are-You
Yum Yum!! M&m's are a tasty treat, but they also have many different personalities. Which one do you think that you will be? Take this quiz! :rolleyes1

ANYWHO -
I wwwaaassss soooooo ticked when I took this quiz cuz I always thought I was BLUE!!:crazy2:
HHmmmmm..........No wonder why even though I currently have a RED colored car, I will be returning to BLUE colored Honda Civic come May....:smooth:

popcorn::FROM THE DIGJA KNOW FILEpopcorn::
****(I seriously didn't not know this until about 4 weeks ago.....)****

Flag of Texas

Flag of Texas; photo by JustinTL on Flickr

The Texas state flag is the 1839 National flag of the Republic of Texas, which features the famous [URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/symbol-official-item/texas/state-nickname/lone-star-state']Lone Star (also seen on the Great Seal of Texas and the U.S. mint's commemorative quarter for Texas). The red, white, and blue of the state flag of Texas represent bravery, purity and loyalty.[/URL]
[URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg']
[URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg'][URL='http://www.statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/TexasFlagWavingLonestarflag.jpg']
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
P.S.S.

Yes, I even lost one freakin' pound from last week!!:jumping1:
HEY! I will take it!! All things considered -

Details coming up next week as I am now Google mapping some of the places I will be visiting next week -
will post a few pics and video I promise.popcorn::

**2,232 MORE HOURS AND THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS**

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

paw:IT'S NOW THAT TIME:tongue:
11058500_339513156247914_10693448598032067_n.jpg

(pic shared from Beagle Fan Club via my FB page)

Ladybug & I have the whole week to ourselves!!party:
(I am now on vacation through Saturday of this week)

Lots of little places to see -:woohoo:
(Joe T Garcia's Restaurant, Russell Stover Chocolate Factory, 6th Floor Museum, movies at AMC Grapevine Mills, Dave & Busters, etc)

Lots of walks in the park as well.......paw:

Will post pics and video in the next few weeks I promise.popcorn::

P.S.S......will tell ya a funny about Ladybug and the Treat I placed on her nose next posting.......:rolleyes1
HINT: (she wudnt let go of her rawhide chew toy so.......)

:goodvibes**T-MINUS 2,064 MORE HOURS AND THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS**:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
**"Ladybug checks out ok, very healthy.......just has a very slight slight heart murmur - ok BYE!**paw:
(she also seemed to want to leave a.s.a.p. once she said those words)

.....and with those words from Dr. Lott,
VCA ANIMAL HOSPITAL
SUNNYVALE, TEXAS

.....my whole life got turned upside down last Wednesday through Friday am ish:sad1: in understanding what to do, how to react and how to be a better Daddy for L.B. The Vet's answer never really hit me until I got home and lets just say that approx. 30 phone calls later back up to the Vet's office, it took an intake Receptionist named Sandy as well as her co-worker Donna to bring me up to speed about this subject as I have a strong suspicion that Dr. Lott was more concerned about soliciting me for Vet services than educating me and informing me on what is going on with Ladybug and how I can be a better Daddy for her, etcpaw:

This obviously doesn't sit well with me but I am choosing to take this news with a grain of salt as I have been all over the internet looking up this subject as she is healthy overall; just we need to do a better job of keeping bacteria away from her heart as it can take many different forms. So YES, she is now on carrots rather than Milkbone Dog treats, twice daily a Pedigree dental chew as well as her Pedigree dry or wet food.paw:

Donna tells me there were NO NOTES in L.B.'s file about this subject when I last spoke with her Thursday am of last week.....yet when I spoke with Karen (office Mgr) on Friday am, "Suddenly" notes about her "condition" appear outta no where with Karen also pushing me very aggressively to Buy their services, etc.

Yet, here is Sandy and Donna being my Angels of mercy bringing me up to speed (she has a barely detectable heart murmur via a stethoscope) on what is happening and THANK GOSH I have been visiting my local area Walmart to buy the things she is needing and THANK GOSH I am SEEING A MUCH MUCH better Ladybugpaw:

Yes, I will still watch out after her and yes, should this issue actually become an issue, yes, I will notify VCA and find a Vet who is not so freakin bent on making money off of the un-informed who obviously and dearly loves Dogs.paw:
(Example - I bought a 2.5 ounce of Dog toothpaste from them for approx. $25 two yrs ago not realizing just a couple of days ago that I could have bought the very same tube of toothpaste for $7.99 on Amazon.com). So DUH!

Let's just say that I have become very informed now and it feels very empowering.

:crazy2:Overall, I am mad at my Vet for being so money hungry and not willing to educate and inform, I am mad at my Parents for being such lousy role models for teaching me how to take care of a Dog or Cat when I was growing up, I am mad at myself for not knowing and yet what I see is the best course of action here is to acknowledge while moving forward as is does me no good to remain mad as my attention is fully on Ladybug.

ANd yes, It has been QUITE a journey of discovery for me these last few days....lots of crying, lots of Googling on the internet, lots of flailing around in the dark for approx. 72 hours on this issue but thankfully I feel that well.....this is part of life that we must all undergo - be it with our 2-legged Homan being family members or our 4-legged family members.

One thing this has taught me is the power of going into "that room" with her when We have to go to the Vets for the last time. I hate that room for what it represents (I would just be a massive blubbering ball of tears) but I feel stronger now and see no issue in doing that for someone that I dearly love.paw:

ANYWHO -
:santa:Christmas has come early for her as I have placed on order "The Mad Scientist" for dogs via Amazon.com
71IrcLLHZjL._SL1500_.jpg

among other and various items the Santa Beagle will be delivering to her shortly.
....and the funniest part of this whole thing is she has really taken to baby carrots (in lieu of Milkbone Dog treats) and receives not one but TWO Pedigree dental chews daily as well. She used to get one but Sandy did say ok to do.:thanks:

So, no - I didn't get much of an opportunity to go out last week as I had said but -

one of the things I was able to see was the 6th floor Museum -

(Oh, if the city of Dallas just had put Sarah Hughes' dress somewhere for safe keeping, etc
and had purchased the picket fence from the Grassy knoll, etc.......this exhibit would really pop but........):scratchin

MORE TO COME -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

"Now, what is the most silliest question ever asked by a Person (to the people at the info Desk) at the Old Red Brick Courthouse?"

(view from the 7th floor from the old 6th floor School Book Depository)

UPDATE OF LADYBUG -paw:
Yes, she is doing much much better as both she and I have modified all that we are doing for each other as we both express a heartfelt:thanks:
to all who have emailed, Pm and even FB me on this issue.

ANYWHO -
So, my visit began with a quick zip in to my nearest Subway and I was off to see some of Dallas' history that IMO, kicks off what I will be seeing down at the LBJ Ranch in a few more weeks.

I arived around 9:15am (had 10am showing of the 6th Floor) so I thought I would head on over to the Cafe and use "the facilities."

** WRONG!!**:scared:

There were none to be found. By now, I am begining to lets just say feeling the effects of feeling like I had drank too much soda and the lady behind the desk could tell as she was kind enough 2 point me in the direction of the Old Red Brick Courthouse; located approx 2 blocks directly across the street from the 6th Floor Museum.

Off I slep on over there but I tell ya, when I arrived - I saw something I had'nt seen in a LONG TIME and was out on display for all to see:

(Pegasus when it was ontop of the Magnolia Bldg)

Ok.....now that made my day - seeing a little bit of Dallas' history like that. So when all was said and done, as I was leaving, I asked the Rep behind the desk if this building is still used as one of Dallas' Courthouses to wit she replied no but that a Museum of the hisotry of Dallas is on the 2nd floor.:love:

Hmmmmm.....ok......but will have to check out later as I am a wee bit pressed for time (10 am was rapidly now approaching)

As I was exiting the building, I asked her "I bet that's the number one asked dumb question asked".........

To wit, she replied, "Actually no, the number one dumb question asked is, "Is this the 6th FLoor Museum?" :rolleyes1

Ok - now I will admit, that was funny. And with that, I was off to step back in time and see what it was like to be in a crowd of approx 20 people deep lining the streets that day in November oh so long ago....
th

and
th

(an 'AH ha" moment of many for me as I didn't know he was handcuffed to Oswald)

-Other ah ha moments were also when I saw just how many cars where in the Motorcade and who was in each car -

to see some infomration on LBJ was also nice as well.

ANYWHO -
When you first walk off the elevator, you are literally walking through one of the building's windows and into a portal of US history:

th

(where it all took place)

That window area is sealed off to the public but still, very emotionally moving to see that area.

and the model that people used as a reference guide
th

was quite interesting to see as well.

Now IMO, something that I felt was a little detracting was to see that the city of Dallas COULD HAVE included Sarah T Hughes dress as well as part or all of the original grassy knoll picket fence among other things relevant to this place in our Nations' history BUT.......they seem to have a knack for letting things go of significant importance........like the Dallas Cowboys for one........:magnify:

But hey - it was fun though to see this exhibit as it also had me thinking of a "next time" to see the 2nd floor museum of the Old Red Brick Courthouse as well as taking the JFK trolley tour and or Dallas Texas trolley tour.

Gotta love it, been in Dallas for a very long time & I am just now seeing these things.:blush:

Soon, thought it was time for me to had off to Grapevine Mills Mall for some much needed chocolate chip cookies and fudge......:rolleyes1

Boogied on back home and enjoyed a very relaxing Tuesday -

Then came our visit into H; courtsy of Dr. Lott and VCA Animal hospital so again, poligze for not venturing out too far away from Ladybug since I was playing Nurse.paw:

She is doing MUCH better -

**1,848 MORE HOURS AND THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
*** OH FOR THE LIFE OF RILEY!! MR PERRY, YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED WHILE YOU WERE AHEAD!!**:faint:
(someone PLEASE TELL ME he will get 'booted off' DWTS tv show ASA freakin' P):crazy2:[/MEDIA]

So what's peering over the horizon for Yours Truely??
14291696_10205616481811049_1946642559672214558_n.jpg

(pic taken from my FB page via Mae Scoular)

STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

I still with you reading here

Hugs for ladybug !!

:thanks: - that was a moment that really didn't sit well for the both of us but I get a feeling that she is getting better and as an extra bonus, it has really brought us closer together.paw:

I can really tell that she is a thinking Dog so I am out to step it up a wee bit with some agility stuff.......for both her and I.

** NOW THAT OUGHTA BE FUN**:cool1:
(she saw all the packages from Amazon.com I had ordered the other day and just sensed that they were all for her.....and I had to tell her she had to continue to be a Good Girl in order for Santa Beagle to bring her all these goodies in a few more weeks).:santa:

THAT DIDN'T SIT WELL WITH HERpaw:
(she was RREEAALLYY curious about "The Mad Scientist")

But afrerwards, she quickly got rewarded with a baby carrot when she stepped on the scale and
SHe has finally hit 25.00 pounds flatparty:

- and me??

Lost 7 pounds so far - FINALLY got untracked on this pesky issue just this week as I have battling quite a severe work related issue for over a year and thankfully, it's now behind me so I can now FINALLY focus in on our weight.:)

WHICH......brings up a whole new point - IMO, as you are dropping weight, it really brings
a whole new meaning to one's reaction when watching videos about food.:rolleyes1

From the I didn't know file via one of my FAV Texas travel TV shows; "The Daytripper" with Chet Garner -

Speaking of food,
and yes, I just emailed MI TERRA and asked them if they serve Margaritas during breakfast. NOW THAT would be nice to have one during your breakfast....

MORE TO COMEpopcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
GAG!!:crazy2:
I start stepping on the scale next week (I have been 'going' by belt loops and so far, I have lost approx 1/2 a belt loop). MY OBJECTIVE??

TO LOSE ANOTHER 20 (10 PLUS 10 POUNDS 'VACATION WEIGHT').......so when I come back 10 pounds heavier, the net gain will be zero!:scratchin ** WISH ME LUCK**

AH well, it is what it is - I feel this way, it is a far much better incentive to lose the pounds so one can enjoy the sights and sounds of Central Texas. :goodvibes

**T-MINUS 1,728 MORE HOURS AND THIS ADVENURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Your baby is just gorgeous
I'm sure Santa beagle will bring her lots of fun things and hopefully treats

Congrats on Ladybug 's new weight

And good for you with your lost weight

10+10 for you will happen !

Your baby is just gorgeous
I'm sure Santa beagle will bring her lots of fun things and hopefully treats

Congrats on Ladybug 's new weight

And good for you with your lost weight

10+10 for you will happen !

:goodvibesHola Macraven!

Just a quick jump in here for me -
I have had to make some modifications for my Paris France adventure and move it out to April '18 but wondering, if unable to go to DL Paris for a day as part of my Paris trip (a substitution will be Normandy), is it still ok to leave it up in the DL Paris TR section of DIsboards?? If not, can you please move it to the Community section??

Thanks!!

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Chances are just another part of trip planning

It will go find but now I need to stop writing in red ink on my calendar or I will be confused on when you will be where

Lol

Chances are just another part of trip planning

It will go find but now I need to stop writing in red ink on my calendar or I will be confused on when you will be where

Lol

I finally got a chance to finish asking my ? to ya - its in the post above.

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
**WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULARY SHCEDULED TV PROGRM TO BRING TO YOU THE FOLLOWING NEWS FLASH........:scratchin

OM GOSH!!!!!!:goodvibes

My work related issue that has been occurring for over a year HAS F-I-N-A-L-L-Y been resolved!!:woohoo:(it has been the trigger that caused me to stress eat all these months):crazy2:

sO -
......I WILL BE HEADING OUT TO "On the Border" and or Pappasittos restaurant this Monday to Celebrate!!
(followed by lots of walking later on that day with Ladybug)

This really really means a lot to me as this has been quite an issue.

**WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TV PROGRAM**;)

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALLparty:

Last edited:
Bet you are looking forwards to Monday !

party:Monday got moved to Thursday of this week but still.....

I feel like :dancer:!!

......CUZ It feels great!!
Yes, can't say a whole lot for obvious reasons but I tell ya, It has really put an extra bounce in my step.

Ladybug's as well.paw:
Meaning, I am really working closely with her in agility training and I'll be dang if she is taking to it like a duck to water.:tongue:
(she tries to be sneaky ans 'scoot up" to try and get closer and I tell her, "BACK UP" as I am moving my hand as if so signify a "backing up" hand movement) :rolleyes1

It's amazing what she can do and get rewarded w/a slice of a baby carrot.:jumping1:
(NOW WHY DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER??) :crazy2:

AH WELL -:)

ANYWHO -
I will be at On the Border Mexican restaurant this Thursday pm -
(will take a few food/drink pics I promise to keep all of ya in the San Antonio mood)

To see her gate jumping and running through the shoot is such a sight ot behold -:littleangel:

Now......IMHO, if we can just boot kick Mr Perry off of DWTS tv show........;)
160921082305-rick-perry-dwts-celebrates-hln-00010512-c1-main.jpg

**T-MINUS 1,536 MORE HOURS AND THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
i leave for orlando in the morning but will read up on this thread while i am gone.

JUST WHEN THEN ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOURS TRUELY.......:rolleyes1
th

So, let "the fun" begin on Tuesday October 4th as I get to boogy onto the Downtown Dallas area and be "fair and impartial" in a Jury pool as a "stand-by.":crazy2:

Last time I heard those immortal words, "Escuse me Sir, you have been specially selected for additional screening...."

No, wait a minute.....
I am thinking of when I visited Epcot in April '16.:laughing:

Seriously, last time I came within a hairs breath of being on a Jury was approx 2 years ago when "Case Blanca Townhome Lawsuit" FINALLY got settled out of court -
(and I didn't get picked but......)

as we were at the Courthouse for OVER 12 hours!!!!!!!:crazy2:
Will blog later if privied to it what the legal issue was about and if rated G enough to print......

Hmmmmmmm.......
just means afterwards as a reward, I will be off to visit Pappasitos Restaurant to taste test some much needed Mexican food and 'ritas.:p

Ladybug kickin' it still at 24.9 lbs
and me?
THANK GOSH I have dropped 10 lbs

.....have 17 more to go.party:

**T-MINUS 1,392 MORE HOURS TO GO AND THIS ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.f.N.
&

Last edited:
:eek:**HAPPY EARLY FREAKIN' HALLOWEEN EVERYONE** :eek:

P.S.S.
I went dressed one year for Halloween in a white big ol white t-shirt w/a letter P on it and black eyeliner under one eye........

GET IT???
A BLACK EYE PEA -:rotfl:

But this??
14463279_1321071021238452_6216312882852660250_n.jpg

LUV IT!!:thumbsup2

Still working on if I can swing going from Hotel Le Meridian Etoile; located in a zip code of 75017 to DISneyland Paris (when I go there in a little over 15 months from now) via Viator.com.
But........
I just emailed Guest.Etoile@lemeridien.com asking about their DISney Sightseeing tours so "cross yer fingers" on this one.....

Hopefully, I can go directly thru the Hotel!!:smickey:

If not, no worries - then its on a Beaches of Normandy tour via Viator.com -:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Jury duty? ?????

Oh my goodness

Congrats on the weight loss for both of youse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter