MY ADENTURES N SAN ANTONIO, BANDERA, STONEWALL TEXAS & OTHER ASSORTED SILLINESS TRIP REPORT; NOV '16

:cool1:
What a fun and great read !

:thanks: - San Antonio and the surrounding cities adventure was fun; learned a lot about our State.

Got a quick funny from the Wine tasting day -:rolleyes1

Ok.....so as we are heading from winery to winery, I had the after effects of the wine, the hum of the car traveling down the road, multiple conversations, etc when outta no where, a lady to the left of me says to Matt (the tour director/driver) to please turn up the car stereo as she really likes hearing that song on the radio

and I remarked to her that that song sounds really catchy - Q: Who sings that song??:confused3

Well, she replied and pronouced the group, "NSYNC" as if she was saying all the letters TOGETHER to spell one word.:littleangel:

Well. dummy me - was really impressed by that song and I-tunesed it asap........
with the other 4 people i bet thinking I musta fallen under a rock since I haven't heard of this group......:o
(I shrugged it off due to the effects of the wine)

Got up the day day, looked down at my Iphone and say that it was , NSYNC" as in "IN-SYNC"!! (and old school group from the 90's)....

DOH!!:crazy2:

Still think its funny with how she pronounced the name of that group -
ANYWHO -

Got my stocking cap, winter gloves, sweat pants.....you name it -
.....all lined up in my closet and ready to jump n2 my suitcase n about another 200 more hours for this 2nght stay at the Gaylord Texan Hotel.:goodvibes

And what is going to be sooooo nice is to come home after a long but good day at the Gaylord and there waiting for me in the room will be milk and cookies.:cloud9:

Never been to this Hotel -
never experienced ICE .........

Looking' forward to it.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
CHHERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:
*OK, SO JUST WHAT IS IT THAT I WILL BE DOING WHILE @ THE GAYLORD TEXAN HOTEL?*
(pppsssttt!!!!! IMO, ya can't have a Christmas themed TR unless ya include these guys) :goodvibes

Some have been asking what I am gonna b up to while at the Gaylord Texan -

Well,
the overall reason is the Season, my birthday and also to experience their version of the Alamo and the Riverwalk.

The biggest thing I am looking forward to is seeing their lobby and all of their decorations.....

followed by
on day one in early pm a 90 min Deep tissue massage followed by a 80 minute Reflexology massage.:cloud9: then I am out
to find a nice restaurant for some much needed tacos and 'ritas (hmmmm....I seem to have this 'thing' for tacos):ssst:

Take a small nap for a bit, then wake up and check out their swimming pool.
Afterwards,
head on back to my interior courtyard viewed hotel room -

nibble on some cookies and milk while listening to some Christmas music before taking a wonderful blissfull bath and tumble off to sleep around midnight.

It's day two where the fun REALLY takes off.popcorn::

DETAILS COMING UP -

**T-MINUS 432 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS **

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:santa:

Last edited:

and ya know, I feel the same way.:rainbow:
As the spirit of Christmas seems to have taken a hold of me and it feels nice to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Season and along the way, give thanks to some very important people in my life.:thanks:
and Ladybugs.paw:

So
with that, I am looking forward to having a nibble or two at

Hmmmm.....I see tacos & 'ritas n my future.:laughing:

On Tuesday this week,
Then
chill out for a bit, then dream about day two of this upcoming little mini adventure @ the Gaylord Hotel -popcorn::

Which basically entails being totally immersed in the visualness of the Christmas spirit and at the very end, I desire to give to Santa Clause -

a letter I am currently writing to him.

YUP, me -
writing a letter to the Big Guy himself.:jumping1:
(Yes, I would like to be specific on what it is I am actually doing on my day two but I would rather keep it as a surprise for all of you to enjoy) -:ssst:

Then the next day, get up and have a character breakfast at the hotel, ride the Riverwalk area a while, etc -
then head em on out around 1pm and check out Ladybug outta her Hotel for spoiled Pooches.:tongue:

And when I do, I plan on giving her three attendants in the back area and Donna the Receptionist an envelope with a 'small gift' in it along with a Thank You letter for taking care of Ladybugpaw:
and being there for me when I need them.

I just now need to get my one suitcase cleaned up and ready to go in approx 432 more hours......:teleport:

P.S.S.
I have F-i-N-a-L-l=Y :yay: gotten all caught up on this TR in posting pics and any video from page 5 on.........

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
More pics were added?

I need to go back and check

Yup - finally posted a few more pics and video on pages 5,6 & 7.:goodvibes

and -

psstt!!!!! Here is just a small hint as to what I will be up to on my "Day Two" @ the Gaylord Texan Hotel -:teleport:

Now if I had to pick a few things I like about Grapevine, Texas its:

#1) the Wine tasting rooms
(it's so nice now to see the difference between Grapevine & the San Antonio area n relation to how we make wine in the State) -:goodvibes

2) the Train
I have ridden in the Cab of it from Grapevine and into the Ft Worth Stockyards -
That is an experience I will never forget
(bottom of page one of my "MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=0

and now to add the Gaylord to this is going to be fun I can tell.:smooth:

But about that Star Wars Movie I wanna see.......popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

Just found out that the movie's release date insn't until this Friday so....

looks like I need to push my heels together and click them together three times and say, "Next Week":darth:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
And so with every vacation adventure I head out on, it's always a tradition of sorts for me to either do lots of reading up on and or watching tons of dvd's to get in the mood as well as understand just what it is that I will be looking at.:goodvibes

And with that, I took the plunge and watched the above movie -

Cute -
Whimsical -
Liked it.:teleport:

Ok.....so now I know what to ask them (the Reps of Gaylord Texan Hotel) when I go behind the scenes tour of ICE.:scratchin

and to think who voiced the character of Winter -
(the I-tunes versions of this song are just hee-larry-ous 2 listen 2):laughing:

I don't know who I am going to meet up with while at the character breakfast...
Rudolph%20HJ%20Breakfast%20Masthead.jpg

but rest assured I am bringing my camera (autograph book just in case) and am looking forward quite a fun 2-4 minute conversation with them. Pics and video where applicable I promise.

OUCH!!
I gotta get packed early next week 4 this!!:)

Will let cha know what I am packing for this all indoor adventure.:idea:

**T-MINUS 288 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Something ta keep ya n the Christmas mood until next time -:)

T.T.F.N.
&

CYA N A FEW MORE DAYS W/MORE UPDATES:tongue:

....including the funnies in relation to Ladybug understanding how to use her new Christmas toy, "The Mad Scientist for Dogs Level 2":rotfl:

Here is an example of it as YES, even CATS can get in on the fun!:goodvibes

**T-MINUS 240 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

I have to count on my fingers to break those hours down ...

Ladybug paw:
hates it whenever I leave the house for any reason so I always tell her to please count 480 times on her fingers and toes "One Mississippi" and soon I will be back home and we can play......

She just looks at me like I have just lost my mind.::yes::

Hey -
speaking of losing it,:rotfl:
Will fill all of you in on the antics of Ladybug and her trying to get the food out of her new Christmas toy per the above posted video in the previous posting.

REMEMBER: It's very difficult to suppress your giggle cuz she gets defensive but its so much fun to watch her attempt to get at the food.
Now if I can only GO PRO this.......:rolleyes1

And......
I am getting some more Christmas late gift ideas for her (Courtesy of Louie the Beagle FB Page):thumbsup2:thumbsup2
->

Will let everyone know how she reacts to a few of those balls b4 we move on to a ball pit.
She likes to knaw on a tennis ball so I am thinking why not a few more in an enclosure with me close by to make sure no issues.party:

ANYWHO -
CYA SUNDAY -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:hippie:

Last edited:
Did she lose weight while you were gone in your vacation ?
(I luv Louie the Beagle's FB page):goodvibes

When I checked her our of her "hotel" on the 8th, I noticed immediately that yup, she lost weight. As a matter of fact, she dropped a little over 1.2 pounds while I was away and was shaking when I picked her up.
(she has always been around only me and IMO, is skiddish to be around other Humans).

She did eat can a day of wet food and a Dental chew I was told but barely touched her dry food.

But
her spirits immediately picked up once she saw me as I have been working these last few weeks to bring her weight back up to where it needs to be -

Been feeding her a few extra dental chews and
a few extra handfulls of regular Pedigree dry food.

All is well now as she is back up to approx 24.8 to 25 lbs.:thumbsup2

:thanks: for asking tho -

P.S.S.
It has been quite a treat watching herpaw:
understand how to use her Christnas toy; from sticking her whole nose down into those LITTLE containers to attempting to get the food out with her TONGUE.......

and you can't giggle nor laugh cuz she will turn around and flash you a rather mean look.:duck:

All in all, the Mad Scientist for Dogs is a hit in our Household as Ladybug did indeed write a :thanks: note to Santa Beagle about it just yesterday.;)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
**COUNTIN' DOWN THE REMAINING HOURS**:tongue:

and -:cloud9:

Just bought a 2017 Honda Civic EX:drive:
will finish signing off on the paperwork in about a week -

and -

am about to embark on a wonderful mini-adventure of sorts out at the Gaylord Texan Hotel while having fun celebrating my birthday.party:

>>(More info on the Honda Civic Ex I just bought is listed on my New Orleans Trip Report u c listed in my below listed signature)>>:woohoo:

So
yes, I do plan on bringing my laptop so expect Yours Truely to be blogging live while at the Gaylord (never been there.....looking forward to it).

Just got done packing for this and it's quite unusual for me to be packing for a mostly winter adventure while going to a Hotel......:rolleyes1

Am now finishing writing my letter to Mr & Mrs Claus.:santa:

ANYWHO -
**T-MINUS 72 MORE HOURS AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Nice to be back home and have your doggie with you again

Glad she put the weight back on

Merry Christmas to ya!

Nice to be back home and have your doggie with you again

Glad she put the weight back on

Merry Christmas to ya!

RIght backatcha as well.:santa:

.....and ta think, I begin to "mischief managed" & manage my mischief ;)
with the above video in about 12 more weeks.

Details coming up on that TR by then as I will be picking up that TR again shortly - I promise.popcorn::

ANYWHO -
So................

about how many hours I have left;)
until the Gaylord Texan adventure begins...........

**T-MINUS 48 MORE HOURS & THE FUN BEGINS**popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter