• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Crazy Husband Wants to Go to DisneyWorld Tonight!!

larry's girl

Dead last finish is better than did not finish, wh
Okay, for anyone who has had a sudden, uncontrollable urge to drive all night on a Friday night to Florida, stay Saturday night and drive home again on Sunday, here is my question:

If a DVC resort has availability, can you walk up and use points for a reservation for that night?

I know it sounds crazy, but he just won't stop talking about it! Anyone?

Thanks!

But go for it....
I think I read somewhere that it is possible to do this...

why not call the resort direct?

good luck

Don't have an answer to your question, but it sure does sound like fun! I wish I lived closer to Disney so I could just jump in the car and go! Have fun if you go!!! :thumbsup2

Go for it.....I've called on my way in from the Orlando airport on more than one occasion and gotten a room. Just call the front desk of the resort if Member Services isn't open. It IS very busy during Easter so you are taking a bit of a risk, though.

John

Yes you can if there is a room available. You'll have to "commit" to the points or to a cash price if by chance the points aren't available. They will reconcile with MS on the first day MS is open though I don't know if they'll wait till Monday even with the shorter opening of MS now on Sat.

I've been tempted but only with one additional day on the trip. That drive home is so very long. I've also considered taking the bus...the last time I checked there was an overnight bus out of Atlanta but then there is the issue of getting from bus station to WDW.

Okay, for anyone who has had a sudden, uncontrollable urge to drive all night on a Friday night to Florida, stay Saturday night and drive home again on Sunday, here is my question:

If a DVC resort has availability, can you walk up and use points for a reservation for that night?

I know it sounds crazy, but he just won't stop talking about it! Anyone?

Thanks!

Unless you have talked to MS, how do you know there is availability? What shows on the Disney website isn't DVC availability.

I hope you aren't talking about tonight, LOL - it's EASTER weekend!

I doubt there are any DVC rooms available. But if you wouldn't mind staying off site and going to crazy busy (crowded) parks, then go for it!

We just left SSR on Wednesday, tried to stay a few more nights anywhere on property, there was nothing available. We stayed off property. Good luck and have fun if you are lucky and get a room!!

I did this crazy stunt when I was in college. I drove in a jeep with the top down from Asheville NC, on a Fri. and was back in class on Mon.

Ah the wisdom of youth! Did you end up sleeping in that jeep?

I would call Disney first and find out if there are any rooms available ...this is a Holiday weekend...not sure if anything will be available....but then again, if your "crazy" husband wants to drive down there, and there is no room at the "Disney Inn's"....maybe you'll find someplace close enough to stay and visit WDW and then drive back...but, in all honesty, I'd give a call....why drive all that way to find you have to turn back? I couldn't do that .... it's tooooooo farrrrrr to drive and find out there's no rooms available! Good Luck and Happy Easter!

This is her crazy husband we left at 230 am got to MGM at 830am at 100 pm i caled ms they had avalibilty at SSR in a 1 bedroom so we stayed Saturday night and we just got back today at 330 they had plenty of rooms at SSR i called at 1100 am and got a ADR at Flying Fish Saturday night for 845 we went to MGM Epoct and MK had a great time:stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch:

goofylarry you are just my kind of guy. That is so awesome. I have finally brainwashed my husband into having crazy ideas about Disney like you just had for the weekend. He can't seem to get enough.

Hi, everyone - OP here.

I just wanted to clarify in case anyone else has a crazy husband (or wife) who decides to do a spur of the moment WDW overnight trip:

We called Saratoga Springs on Friday night to check availability. They were willing to make a reservation for us, but we had to borrow points so we had to do it with MS on Saturday. However, the front desk manager assured us they had plenty of studios and one-bedrooms available, so we decided to go for it and off we went.

We reached MGM at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning. We waited 30 minutes to ride RnR, used fastpasses to ride ToT, then went over to Epcot. We got fastpasses for TT, had lunch at San Angel Inn and rode the revamped boat ride there (which was very cute). We called MS at 1:00 p.m. and made a reservation for that night for a one-bedroom, then drove to Saratoga Springs and checked in. We had a room in Congress Park, which was a lovely section of the resort and I think it is now my favorite section of buildings. As Larry mentioned above, we got an ADR for 8:45 at our favorite restaurant, Flying Fish, and then took a quick nap. We went to MK around 5:30 to see the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor (which was also very cute), then went back to Epcot to use our TT fastpasses. Unfortunately TT was down, so we went over to the Boardwalk and checked in early for dinner. We were seated within 10 minutes. After a superb dinner, we hung out at the Boardwalk for a bit, then took a taxi back to Saratoga Springs and went to bed. We left this morning at 9:00 and were back home by 4:00 this afternoon. And yes, we had an AWESOME time!!

So thanks to all of you who said give it a shot - we enjoyed every minute!

Susan

This is her crazy husband we left at 230 am got to MGM at 830am at 100 pm i caled ms they had avalibilty at SSR in a 1 bedroom so we stayed Saturday night and we just got back today at 330 they had plenty of rooms at SSR i called at 1100 am and got a ADR at Flying Fish Saturday night for 845 we went to MGM Epoct and MK had a great time:stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch: :stitch:

FANTASTIC! Who doesn't love an impromptu Disney trip?

Hi, everyone - OP here.

I just wanted to clarify in case anyone else has a crazy husband (or wife) who decides to do a spur of the moment WDW overnight trip:

We called Saratoga Springs on Friday night to check availability. They were willing to make a reservation for us, but we had to borrow points so we had to do it with MS on Saturday. However, the front desk manager assured us they had plenty of studios and one-bedrooms available, so we decided to go for it and off we went.

We reached MGM at about 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning. We waited 30 minutes to ride RnR, used fastpasses to ride ToT, then went over to Epcot. We got fastpasses for TT, had lunch at San Angel Inn and rode the revamped boat ride there (which was very cute). We called MS at 1:00 p.m. and made a reservation for that night for a one-bedroom, then drove to Saratoga Springs and checked in. We had a room in Congress Park, which was a lovely section of the resort and I think it is now my favorite section of buildings. And yes, we had an AWESOME time!!

So thanks to all of you who said give it a shot - we enjoyed every minute!

Susan

Ahhh. Love it. Now that's the way to live life. Well in my opinion anyway :lmao: and obviously the OP and her husband.:thumbsup2 Love it. Thanks so much for posting. Made my day. Huge smiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter