My family and I need some prayers.....

This is my first time being on the boards since we headed to the UW on Tuesday morning for my DD24 brain surgery.

It was successful!! Thank you for all of your prayers and support!! I can't express that enough!

It will be a long road to a full recovery and hopefully she will be able to come home on Sunday. I want to give a shout out to the UW ICU nurses. The heartfelt care, concern, patience with a stressed out Mom and Dad was way beyond our expectations.

Happy to read this morning your dd's surgery was successful! A pain free and speedy recovery to her!!

A little update. DD24 is now home from the hospital and is resting comfortably as one can after brain surgery. We put her bed in the living room so she can avoid the stairs as much as possible. Quite a nice little set up, her cozy bed with lots of blankets, a view of the neighborhood park, moved my golf simulator tv in from the garage so she can watch tv more easily (this was a no brainer y'all), our dogs can hop up on the bed, our chewnnie (SP?) is currently snuggled up with her 🙂

Now it's nurse dad and nurse mom to take over. Got her med schedule all lined out, round the clock care for now. No matter the age, whether it's bringing home our newborns to when they are 24 we will always be there for them 1000% and then some.

Thank you for your support and prayers

❤️ 🙏SpaceMan along with always extra praise to God! I am so thankful to read your update. Thinking of all you, my friend.

Not the news we were hoping for today. The pathology report came back with a Grade 2 atypical tumor. Hoping for a grade1 which is the best. Life expectancy in the first 5 years is 97% but drops after that. Surreal

Not the news we were hoping for today. The pathology report came back with a Grade 2 atypical tumor. Hoping for a grade1 which is the best. Life expectancy in the first 5 years is 97% but drops after that. Surreal
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Try to stay positive and hope there's no more progression. Having watched my grandfather die from brain cancer, I know this is easier said than done, but his was very aggressive.

But not currently malignant, right, SM5? There is so much research and advances in this and other areas of medicine. She, you and your family remain in my prayers.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Try to stay positive and hope there's no more progression. Having watched my grandfather die from brain cancer, I know this is easier said than done, but his was very aggressive.
Thank you, fortunately it is not that aggressive. Staying Positive!!

But not currently malignant, right, SM5? There is so much research and advances in this and other areas of medicine. She, you and your family remain in my prayers.
Thank you Dan

Correct, but it is neither malignant or benign which I found to be strange. The Grade 2 apparently puts it in the middle . Just doing our own research for now which is not necessarily the best thing to do. And as you mentioned there have been so many advances so we just need to sit tight until the follow-up appt this Friday.

Thank you Dan

Correct, but it is neither malignant or benign which I found to be strange. The Grade 2 apparently puts it in the middle . Just doing our own research for now which is not necessarily the best thing to do. And as you mentioned there have been so many advances so we just need to sit tight until the follow-up appt this Friday.
As I mentioned, it would be best for us to sit tight and glad we did.

Cliff notes version:
Successful staple removal
The Dr.'s assistant told us it was benign.
MRI scheduled for 1/19. Depending on results they may not do radiation or may do just one dose. Yah!
Life expectancy, constant monitoring but nothing at this time leads them to believe she can't live a normal life. Yah! x2

@Dan Murphy Sorry I didn't address your specific question about SM5. I have not heard this in any of our discussions with the Dr.'s so I am not sure what this is.

P.S. - plz be careful of what you read on-line. It definitively lead you astray and cause you a lot of anxiety. Have a discussion with your doctor first and go from there. Thanks!

As I mentioned, it would be best for us to sit tight and glad we did.

Cliff notes version:
Successful staple removal
The Dr.'s assistant told us it was benign.
MRI scheduled for 1/19. Depending on results they may not do radiation or may do just one dose. Yah!
Life expectancy, constant monitoring but nothing at this time leads them to believe she can't live a normal life. Yah! x2

@Dan Murphy Sorry I didn't address your specific question about SM5. I have not heard this in any of our discussions with the Dr.'s so I am not sure what this is.

P.S. - plz be careful of what you read on-line. It definitively lead you astray and cause you a lot of anxiety. Have a discussion with your doctor first and go from there. Thanks!
I'm so glad to hear the news thus far has been mostly encouraging. Praying that she continues to improve, your other DD receives relief, your DS is able to help you all maintain perspective and a positive outlook, and that you and your DW find some peaceful moments in all the chaos. *Tight Hug for each of you*

Glad to read that the news is positive for your DD! Reading medical stuff online is scary. Dr. Google is not your friend! You and your DW are taking such good care of her.

As a breast cancer survivor I can agree that listening to our doctors instead of reading things is preferable! Reading we can have ourselves dead and buried in no time!

I wanted to let you know that I know two people who had surgery for these types of brain tumors and both are doing well many years down the road! :goodvibes

I hope things are going better for your family now and both girls are on the mend? Adding my prayers here. :flower3:

As a breast cancer survivor I can agree that listening to our doctors instead of reading things is preferable! Reading we can have ourselves dead and buried in no time!

I wanted to let you know that I know two people who had surgery for these types of brain tumors and both are doing well many years down the road! :goodvibes

I hope things are going better for your family now and both girls are on the mend? Adding my prayers here. :flower3:
Thank you for the positive and thoughtful words.

DD21 is doing awesome. No pain at all.
DD24 still has swelling on the top of her head from the continuing fluid build up. The Dr.s were hoping that the body would re-calibrate itself after the tumor was removed but not the case. She has a Dr. appt on monday to determine if a shunt is needed or not.

With that said, DD21 and I are still planning to fly out tomorrow for DL. We all discussed it as a family and decided we should continue with the trip. DD24 is all for us going. Lots of Facetime and pics will be happening for sure. If surgery is needed it wouldn't happen for a couple of weeks but if it is an emergency we will fly home asap.

DD24 only asked if we would pick out some Minnie Ears for her when we take the next trip to DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter