My first world rant - you're welcome to share yours as well

I appreciate it and the cave tubing looks awesome, but our group is taking two 3 year olds who aren't big enough for all the adventure stuff in Belize.

Depending on what cruise line you are on there are some very family friendly options. There are low key eco parks, beach days and the zoo to visit.

Mine is when I am on the phone and another call comes in and it makes all of those crazy sounds to let you know you have another call. Especially if I am trying to do something such as reorder my allergy pills, and then I miss half of the prompts. :headache: So I either have to guess as to what info they wanted, or hang up and start again.

I hate that too!! I never signed up for call waiting, and I don't want it! I have no idea why I suddenly have it.

That's not a first world rant. That's something that truly sucks.

I agree with you - some of the "first world problems" here deserve legitimate sympathy!

Our house is on the market. We had a showing scheduled from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm. The viewers came at 2:40 pm without calling our realtor to tell her they were running late. By then I had taken off my leg brace (I have to have knee surgery.) and had my leg propped up in the recliner with an ice pack. I hustled the kids and dog outside and waited around outside for more than 30 minutes for them to leave. I later discovered that they left sometime during the 30 minutes without having the courtesy to tell me so we could go inside.

Depending on what cruise line you are on there are some very family friendly options. There are low key eco parks, beach days and the zoo to visit.

I'm getting over it and we're finding some things to do. The eco park looks cute, but a lot of money to essentially swim in a pool. The beach looks nice, but I think we're doing beach in Cozumel and Costa Maya. I'd love to go to the zoo, but I really don't want to have to spend all that time in a vehicle with the little ones. I think I'm ok with going to the port to shop for an hour or so and getting back on the ship to enjoy a hopefully less busy ship.

Our house is on the market. We had a showing scheduled from 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm. The viewers came at 2:40 pm without calling our realtor to tell her they were running late. By then I had taken off my leg brace (I have to have knee surgery.) and had my leg propped up in the recliner with an ice pack. I hustled the kids and dog outside and waited around outside for more than 30 minutes for them to leave. I later discovered that they left sometime during the 30 minutes without having the courtesy to tell me so we could go inside.

That is so freakin' rude!! Selling a house is one of the most stressful things you can go through. Ugh, hope it sells quickly for you!

My first world rant: We needed to go to a store about 20 miles away and remembered that there's a really cool restaurant nearby. They have the best burgers and milkshakes! Well, we got done at the store and went looking for the restaurant and...it was gone. Closed. Hmph. My DS was really hungry and the nearest place we could find was IHop. I liked my pumpkin spice pancakes, but I wanted one of those milkshakes! So sad. So first world.

My first world rant: We needed to go to a store about 20 miles away and remembered that there's a really cool restaurant nearby. They have the best burgers and milkshakes! Well, we got done at the store and went looking for the restaurant and...it was gone. Closed. Hmph. My DS was really hungry and the nearest place we could find was IHop. I liked my pumpkin spice pancakes, but I wanted one of those milkshakes! So sad. So first world.

DW & the girls took me to one of my favorite restaurants for my birthday. En route, we encountered a detour that added 12 miles to the trip. Finished the detour, pulled up & they were just locking the doors as they were closing early that night.

That's just awful.

Okay, I admit that this is beyond "first world rant" (as in I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat). My organization allows us to book business class if the flight is 8 hours or longer. There is only one non-stop flight between DC and Geneva (a common flight for me) and it was 8hr10min on the DC-Geneva leg (longer going the other way). United just changed their schedule and now say the flight time is 7hr50min. The return flight went from 9hr10min to 9hr35min. Same aircraft, so looks like they are playing around with the 'padding'. Annoyingly, it is the overnight flight where I don't get the upgrade.

Okay, I admit that this is beyond "first world rant" (as in I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat). My organization allows us to book business class if the flight is 8 hours or longer. There is only one non-stop flight between DC and Geneva (a common flight for me) and it was 8hr10min on the DC-Geneva leg (longer going the other way). United just changed their schedule and now say the flight time is 7hr50min. The return flight went from 9hr10min to 9hr35min. Same aircraft, so looks like they are playing around with the 'padding'. Annoyingly, it is the overnight flight where I don't get the upgrade.
More likely the tail wind.

More likely the tail wind.

The tail wind changes on 15-October? I get the difference in flight times going east versus west. Don't get the sudden change on 15-October.

I know that they tweak things regularly (usually once a quarter), so the change isn't that surprising. Just annoying given the drop to *just* under our limit. Likely wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Last edited:
So I am about to move. Decide I will do a yard sale.

I put pics and nfo about said sale.

It's pretty specific, no early birds, cash only, no holds.

5 minutes after posting: do you still have such and such can I buy it, can I come early.

I am thankful for getting such quick response don't get me wrong, but people not comprehend?

Am I going on to be on the news tomorrow cause people want to fight over a cozy coupe? Stay tuned... Lol

I always put in our ad " you ask to buy something early, you pay double!"

We're moving really soon. The thought of leaving our beautiful state--and all of the incredible food in our city!--is just ripping my heart out. I don't want to leave at all :sad1: It's become my home! All of the times I've visited our soon-to-be-home, the restaurants were so disappointing. The cultural activities are not on par with our current city. There are some upsides (like the weather, for one) but I'm so heartbroken over leaving, I can't help but feel like I'm going to burst into tears once we arrive. Every time I've moved somewhere new I've been excited and ready for change. This time I feel like I'm leaving my home, and I know we won't be able to move back for many years, if ever. :sad:

On an even higher level of first world problems, I'm in a mild state of disbelief that we're moving to a state with sales tax. It's not a huge deal, I know, I know. I travel outside of our state and deal just fine then. But I usually look forward to coming home and not seeing sales tax anymore! And after living eight years here and one year abroad without sales tax, nearly a decade... not sure I'll ever become fully accustomed to tax added at the end of a purchase again. I like my Amazon cart totals with "sales tax: $0.00" upon checkout; I like nice, round prices that are as advertised. If shoes are $60, they're $60, not $64.20 once at checkout -- I can take that imaginary $4.20 and buy a large bubble tea with change left over because it costs exactly $4, not $4.28. :laughing:

My town is dying. We have lost all of our shopping. Target closed, JCPenny closed, JoAnn Fabric closed, Sears closed, Arbys closed, Pizza Hut closed, KMart closed, Carsons closed I could go on and on. I don't drive anymore after a car accident, so I can't just hop in a car and drive to another town. I can't take the wheelchair bus because it doesn't leave town and everyone is too busy to take me. I just want to go to Target. I haven't been shopping in over 2 months because nobody will take me. If Kroger didn't have click-list, I would never be able to get groceries. Please someone take me to Target.
I am up for a Target run, but you are a bit too far north for this Texas girl.

The time for my flight to California next month was changed without my permission. Now I have to get to the airport two hours earlier than planned and miss the Wendy Williams show!!

This seriously made me laugh out loud, too funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter