My funny Nelson (as in Ricky Nelson's sons) story

EPCOTConcertTheNelsons.jpg

I hope this picture works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. I was right up front and center. My favorite spot.

SG

Awesome pic thanks!!! I havent seen the Guys in years!!! :

I hope this picture works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. I was right up front and center. My favorite spot.

SG

Thanks for the picture! That's great! I wish I would have seen that before, so I wouldn't have felt so dumb afterwards. What time did you get to the concert to get such a good spot? I'm trying to convince DH to go next year :) I feel like it's a sign :lmao:

I remember my DH talking to a man after taking the photo. Kinda tall guy with blondish hair? Anyway, I don't have enough posts to be able to add a photo.

Martha

He's tall, but I think he was wearing a hat and probably holding a child. That's too bad about not enough posts. Thanks anyway!

I'm going to move this over to the theme parks community board.

Very cool story by the way. I am a Nelson fan too, and I saw eight of their nine shows. I met them a few years back when they played at Epcot, and they are very nice guys. With all that they lived through in their lives, if anyone has an excuse to be messed up, it's them, but they seem so grounded, positive, and happy, and just good people.

Here are some of my pictures taken at their shows earlier this month:

DSCN1141.JPG

Gunnar is on the left, Matt on the right

DSCN1176.JPG

Matthew (I had a hard time getting great pictures of him because he is constantly moving when he's not at a microphone--Gunnar stands still more)

DSCN1269.JPG

Gunnar aka Matthew's "little brother by 45 minutes" (it always cracks me up when they refer to each other as the big brother and little brother)

SG

I think I was at the show back in 2005. That was the year I kept on running into you, wasn't it, Linda?

princessmorgan, there is nothing to feel silly about. Most famous folk try to blend in when out and about in order to have some normal life and you just do not expect to run into famous people in ordinary places.

I think that picture was taken back in the days before the concerts got so darned popular. It used to be possible to walk in and get a great seat most of the time and if you did not get a good one for the first show you could trade up when the first show ended and better your position. Not so easy nowadays. Fie on those darned trees that get in the way sometimes!:rotfl:

I echo what TLinden said about the Nelsons. I feel a bit sorry for them in that they are forced to sing mostly their dad's stuff. I know they would rather do their own. I prefer their dad's music myself. I remember the custody battle and all. Very messy.

SG

TLinden-

Thanks for your pictures! Honestly even if I had gone to the show, I can't say that I would have recognized them. Maybe I would have put 2 and 2 together, but it had been raining in Epcot that day and everyone was wet. So I think their hair was pulled back and wet. Plus it was later in the day and I remember being bugged at DH, because he thought he left our baby's bottle on the ride and went back to try to find it. I swear he was gone another 30 minutes. That's why I decided not to ride Soarin'. Come to find out the bottle was in the diaper bag the whole time. He says it was fate so I could meet the Nelsons :rotfl:

TLinden-

Thanks for your pictures! Honestly even if I had gone to the show, I can't say that I would have recognized them. Maybe I would have put 2 and 2 together, but it had been raining in Epcot that day and everyone was wet. So I think their hair was pulled back and wet. Plus it was later in the day and I remember being bugged at DH, because he thought he left our baby's bottle on the ride and went back to try to find it. I swear he was gone another 30 minutes. That's why I decided not to ride Soarin'. Come to find out the bottle was in the diaper bag the whole time. He says it was fate so I could meet the Nelsons :rotfl:

LOL. Sometimes everything just falls into place. I'm sure they were appreciative of you giving them the fast passes. You sure picked the right ones to give them too :)

Oh, and one more thing. I don't think it's fair that they have barely aged in the nearly 20 years since their first CD out, and I have aged ;)

TLinden, I remember you well. I think the last time I saw you was in the que at the Safari. Maybe we will run into each other sometime when we can sit and chat and get to know each other better? Seems as if we have similar tastes in all things Disney. :lovestruc

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter