• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Heart is Broken

We asked to have an autopsy, but they said they would not do one based on his overall health. He had diabetes and a liver issue before the surgery. If we wanted to have an autopsy, it was going to be something we had to pay about 4k for. My aunt said the records should give us everything we need. It is really hard to believe this is all real.

I'm glad your aunt is there to help you through this difficult time. A review by a professional is the best way to handle it. Wishing you all the best. God Bless.

I am so very sorry for your loss. As others have said do not beat yourself up. You did the best you could and we tend to trust the doctors. They have the knowledge we do not have. Not to hijack your thread but just know we are going through things with my very ill mom and my dad is always blaming himself. It doesn't do any good in the long run. My heart is breaking with reading your post. :hug:

We asked to have an autopsy, but they said they would not do one based on his overall health. He had diabetes and a liver issue before the surgery. If we wanted to have an autopsy, it was going to be something we had to pay about 4k for. My aunt said the records should give us everything we need. It is really hard to believe this is all real.

Wait a minute. If his health was so bad, they wouldn't have done the surgery to begin with. What happened? If they can't answer that question, you still deserve an answer.

Words cannot express the absolute sympathy I feel for you and your family, I am so sorry....

You should get the records immediately and find a lawyer immediately. Lodge an immediate complaint with the hospital and medical board of the State of Florida, it sounds like you are right in feeling the care he got was not sufficient, but that is for someone else to determine.

Wait a minute. If his health was so bad, they wouldn't have done the surgery to begin with. What happened? If they can't answer that question, you still deserve an answer.
One doctor did advise him to get it done at a better hospital, but when he found out who was doing the surgery, said that it would be fine because the surgeon was very good and had done a previous surgery on him. Although he had the diabetes and the liver condition, he was told he was healthy enough. We absolutely need answers because I think it is more a result of the care he did not get that he should have.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out for you and your family.
tigercat

I am the Janet part of the OP's username. This was my daddy. He loved Disney so much. He worked for them when they opened. He worked for them when he died. He was a seasonal bus driver. He would find so many little things to make children smile. When we adopted our children 2 years ago, he purchased 20 stuffed Mickeys. He gave one to each child in the Children's Home and gave them some extra for kids that came to the home. He had such a loving heart. It will not be the same without him.

He sounds like he was a wonderful man that had a wonderful heart. I too am terribly sorry for what you, your mother and other family members are experiencing right now. I wish you all peace of mind. :grouphug:

Words cannot express the absolute sympathy I feel for you and your family, I am so sorry....

You should get the records immediately and find a lawyer immediately. Lodge an immediate complaint with the hospital and medical board of the State of Florida, it sounds like you are right in feeling the care he got was not sufficient, but that is for someone else to determine.

Great advice.

One doctor did advise him to get it done at a better hospital, but when he found out who was doing the surgery, said that it would be fine because the surgeon was very good and had done a previous surgery on him. Although he had the diabetes and the liver condition, he was told he was healthy enough. We absolutely need answers because I think it is more a result of the care he did not get that he should have.

I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through after losing your dad. It's terrible. The whole situation is terrible.

I hope you follow Chris1gill's advice. You are right that things don't add up.

I am very sorry to read this joyjanet. :hug:'s My condolences to you, your daughter Janet here and all your family along with your friends.

He does sound like he was a wonderful person. As said often here, don;t beat yourselves up, but I do suggest following up.

God speed for him, blessings for you and family.

Good Lord, how devastating :sad1:! Joyjanet & Chernabog#1fan, I am so very sorry for the heartbreaking loss of your dear DH & DF. I can't begin to imagine your shock and grief over such neglect and heartache of sudden loss of your dear loved one :sad2:. He sounds like a wonderful husband, father and grandfather, who brought his family much love and joy. I hope you find the answers you are seeking, drs/staff answer to their neglect, and in time can find peace in your hearts. Godspeed :hug:

My heart goes out to you and to your family. :hug:

If you decide to sue and the experts believe there was malpractice involved, think of it as a public service. You are keeping other people from going through what you went through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter