My husband didn't believe me about FP+

Our trip in June was the most relaxing and free flowing we've ever had.

Of all our trips, this past one was exactly what I said. If anything, FP+ helps reduce the need to rush and hurry and wear yourself out.

But still....

If relaxation is my goal

I don't go to a Disney park. While our last vacation was the most relaxing of all our vacations to WDW, none of them have had relaxing as a goal or expectation. I was actually surprised at how much less stressful this trip was.

Hope that helps your confusion.

Last edited:
Got it! Thanks! This will be our first FP+ trip. I'm trying to keep an open mind but so far I'm not liking it. However, when I get there and actually use it, I may like it. I have the touring plans app. I noticed that it gives times for available FP. I just hope I don't spend the whole day looking at my phone...

You may find the green link in my signature helpful.

We're within 60 days of visiting DLR and some dining reservations aren't even open yet! Not a single FP has been issued (and won't be until the parks open).

So while some WDW guests vacationing the same dates we are visiting DLR are dealing with the disappointment of knowing that rides and ADRs are completely booked, our possibilities are still endless. I love that.
We are also going to DLR ion October. We have ticket and a hotel room. The rest of our vacation is up in the air and we're loving it! We will not be returning to WDW, it's become too much work and not much fun thanks to FP+.

I've seen posts on here saying FP+ is "not that bad" Maybe this should be Disney's next ad campaign! :sad2:

Just got back from a WDW vacation and think this new system is horrible. If you cannot make your FP+ selections months in advance and actually try to get them on the same day, or even a few days in advance, your options for available attractions and open times are really limited. I MUCH preferred the old system where the FP's were issued to people actually in the park. Allowed for much more spontaneity and flexibility in vacation.
Totally agree with your post, and we just got back last Sunday. The other thing about FP+ is you get one ride on the headliner, that's it.
Here's a list of rides that were unavailable the night before (because we wanted to be spontaneous and go to a different park than I had planned)
MK- PP, 7DMT, A&E, MSEP, Wishes, Parade
EP - TT, Soarin', Turtle Talk w Crush
HS - TSM, GMR, ToT
AK - KS, EE

:scared1:WHAT???? Don't you know that now you will not be able ride a thing at any of the parks!! You will wander aimlessly around the parks with nothing to do and have to stand in insane 30 minute standby lines!:eek:
I am hoping that this was humor - this is how we have done FP+ on 6 trips since it was implemented with great success.

I used to hate the idea of FP+, I was at WDW last in March 14, before you were able to book ahead of time on the app and the queues for the kiosks were risiculous that unless we found one without a queue we didnt bother booking any.

Before that I was used to legacy FP and just hoping there would be decent return time that would fit our plans.

A couple of months ago i was stressing out over fp+ (oh im going to get what i want at the times I want, etc). This has not been the case however and managed to work my days around to get everything we want and need (bar our last day, where everything seems to be for after we hsve to leave the park, but hoping we can sort that on the day).

Totally agree with your post, and we just got back last Sunday. The other thing about FP+ is you get one ride on the headliner, that's it.
Here's a list of rides that were unavailable the night before (because we wanted to be spontaneous and go to a different park than I had planned)
MK- PP, 7DMT, A&E, MSEP, Wishes, Parade
EP - TT, Soarin', Turtle Talk w Crush
HS - TSM, GMR, ToT
AK - KS, EE
Well, at least Figment was still available!

This Oct is my second trip with FP. We were one of the first groups to use it. I am glad that I don't have to run around and get paper Fp's. Yesterday I picked out what I wanted to ride for each day of the trip. I loved being able to plan a morning some place and then use my Fp's for the afternoon and still get some great rides. I thought it made my life a lot calmer. I was still able to plan like I usually can

And if A) no ADR's have been planned or B) ADR's were planned for restaurants outside of a park?

WE know when we like to get to parks, so I plan them at like 10, 11 nd 12, somthing like that. We know that if we want to see wishes we get to the park later, so 3, 4 and 5.

I am not maried to my FP, so if I miss them I miss them. The first time I booked themI freaked myself out, got all frenzied over them. Why? Now I book them and consider them bonuses.

Two Billion Dollars.

Now, guests don't have to get up early and go to a theme park.
Now, guests don't have to walk all the way to a ride to get a FastPass.

Two

Billion

Dollars.

I'm not surprised at the cost.

I think the scope of the project included all the infrastructure changes needed (power and WiFi are just the tip of the iceberg). As someone who works in IT projects (background in international banking) I can fully appreciate how a project with such broad scope got to that figure. On the surface it seems simple, it's really not.

I was trying to hold back a bit and not spoil the surprise.

There's plenty of others.

I'm not surprised at the cost.

I think the scope of the project included all the infrastructure changes needed (power and WiFi are just the tip of the iceberg). As someone who works in IT projects (background in international banking) I can fully appreciate how a project with suck broad scope got to that figure. On the surface it seems simple, it's really not.

It does have a little bit of that. ;)

Freudian slip? :P

There are many adjectives I would use to describe MM+ and FP+. "Simple" is not one of them.

lol Typo!

The idea is simple, the implementation never was going to be, Door Locks, Tablets, Turn styles, databases, websites, software, training, comms, testing, project resources, contractors, the list goes on, it was always going to be complicated, and expensive.

Long but interesting article here: http://www.fastcompany.com/3044283/the-messy-business-of-reinventing-happiness#!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter