My Journey to 50 miles (2nd attempt)... (comments welcome)

New training plan started on Oct 24th. Thanks Billy!!

The newest latest greatest attempt is a 50-mile run at the end of January. This is probably going to be my last ultra. After listening to some podcast about fitness and my reading of a new book by Peter Attia called Outlive. I think my focus needs to change on a more overall fitness regimen. I love my running, but I think the ultras might not be the best for my old bones. I'll probably keep it to 15 to 20 miles a week. I'll just incorporate it into more weightlifting and probably some yoga. I'll still run some races, especially when the grandkids want to run.

For the 50 miler I'm transitioning to a run/walk plan. I've done these before with my wife and I think it's probably my best chance to complete the 50-mile run. Last week I started by programming all the run/walks into my Garmin. This really wasn't too bad. However, I noticed that even just after 4 miles of the intervals my battery seemed to drain a lot faster than when it is not doing the intervals. So, I went back in and got rid of all the intervals on my Garmin and opted to go with a beeper. Actually, two beepers because some of my runs are half easy pace and half trail pace. This seems to work better for me so far.

So, last week's runs all went well. Weather down here is getting better ish. T+D is mostly down in the 130's and it's almost pleasant to run in after the 150+ days!!!

10/25/23

4 miles @ Easy/LR, T+D 135. Avg pace 13:52, a little fast. Should have been closer to 14:10 considering the T+D. I found it a little hard to get used to the run/walk thing. Overall, a good start to the new training plan.

10/26/23

5 miles @ Trail pace. T+D 137. Avg pace 14:53, again a little faster than the 15:09 pace that I should have been at. I made a note that I wasn't sure I liked the Trail pace & interval. (this will change when I run the pace again)

10/27/23

3 miles @ easy/lr. T+D 136. Avg pace 13:49. A little fast again should have been closer to 14:10. Still getting used to the run/walk thing.

10/29/23

4 miles @ easy/lr. T+D 137. Avg pace 13:54.

1698767614446.png

10/30/23

First of many runs on the actual trail. This trail isn't nearly as tough as the Chuckanut trail run. It's a wide asphalt paved trail. Elevation gain is minimal, and the trail is in really good shape! There are a few bumps in the asphalt where the tree roots are pushing thru. But whoever is maintaining it is spray painting those bright orange, so they are easily seen. Still a trip hazard so I'll have to be aware. But they are definitely doing a good job keeping them marked.

There's some pretty heavy tree cover for the first 3 ish miles and I think it might have given me a few weird interval readings. T+D at the beginning was 137. I didn't check at the end but given that the sun was up and bright in the sky it was probably a little higher.

I dug my old running vest out of the closet and loaded it up with everything I thought I would need. Filled the two water bladders and stuffed 5 Gu's into the pouches. I haven't worn that vest in so long, I forgot how much weight it adds after it's filled up. Now worries, it took a little adjusting, but I eventually got it to ride comfortably again.

Ran the first 8 miles of the trail. 4 miles @ trail pace and 4 miles @ easy/lr pace. Paces should have been 15:09 trail and 14:10 easy/lr.

1698768233546.png

Overall, a little fast on most miles. But I think for the first trip out on the trail it was pretty good.

Only one little bump in the day. Donna was supposed to meet me at a parking lot around mile 4. But I dropped the pin to her in the wrong location, so she was a half mile behind me. I stopped long enough to give her a call and make sure she was ok and then got right back on the trail. Thank goodness I dropped my ending pin in the right spot, or I might have had to find her along the trail somehow.

For the first week of training, I'm pretty happy with this. Next time on the trail though I'm going to experiment a bit with nutrition. For Chuckanut, I used GU's and PB&J's for almost the entire run. I think I'm going to try crustables, bananas, stroopwaffles, and GU's and carry at least a bit of pickle juice with me! They have aid stations along the run, but I'll probably carry my fuel and have Donna meet me for reloading along the path.

Week 2 is in the books.

Looking at all the Wine and Dine pics!! Looks like everyone had a great time and there seemed to be a lot of characters out. I'm going to need a faster internet connection, I think. I haven't been able to snag a run since I moved to FL.

So how was week 2? Well, it started off a little rough.

Tuesday, I did a core workout that Billy graciously shared with me. I love it! Really felt it over the next couple of days.

Wednesday, 3 miles at EA. T+D 132. Pace should have been 14:06. It was a pleasant morning for a run, and it all felt good until about halfway through. I started getting a sharp pain in my left hip. I'm not sure if it was muscular or skeletal pain. Either way I told myself that if it got worse, I would just walk on home. It didn't and I hobbled in. Over the next few days, I started doing more stretching and warm-up pre-run and it seems to have quieted down. It's there still but it's barely an issue. So, I'll be monitoring that to see what happens.

1699378711841.png

Thursday, 5 miles at M tempo. T+D 114 :-). Weather is starting to be a non-issue for now! Yay! Pace should have been 11:55. I made a note that the left hip might actually be a problem. I noted that there was some numbness in it at about mile 3. But I didn't note that the pain was all that bad. Still in wait and see mode with it. I swear it's better now. Not great, but better. I was a little fast on some of my miles.

1699378994948.png

Friday was supposed to be 3 EA miles. But I skipped it. Donna had family come in from out of town and we stayed up way too late chatting and then when we woke up, we got ready for a day of adventures. I think this might have actually been a good thing as it gave the hip a little time off.

Saturday was another round of core. Still feeling that one today!

Sunday, 4 EA miles. I couldn't note T+D. For some reason my Garmin wouldn't let me add notes at the end of the run. I think T+D was somewhere around 112. Pace should have been 13:53. Man, it's tough running slower all the time. Getting old ain't easy. I really don't recall the hip being an issue during this run. But then again that was more than 5 minutes ago and if I didn't make a note about it, I probably wouldn't remember. Went for a walk with Donna in the afternoon. Just a bit over 2.5 miles. It's the first walk she's tried since the rotator repair. She's doing great BTW. Physical therapist says she is weeks ahead of where she should be. She should be able to start going without her sling in another week.

1699379475981.png

Monday was 5 miles at M tempo. T+D 112. Made a note that the hip was still just a little sore. Pace should have been 11:52. I realized with the time change I need to get up a little earlier. There were more folks out on the sidewalks and driving around than I'm used to. Definitely a little fast on these paces.

1699379763384.png

Talked it over with Donna and decided that if the hip is an issue after this coming Monday's trail run, I'll go see the Doc about it. Might need a cortisone shot. At least that's all I'm hoping I'll need. At least I haven't signed up for the run yet. I'm going to wait and see how the hip turns out before committing. Maybe I need to see a chiropractor or get a massage. I've never been to either, but I see many folks swear by them.

Looking forward to the upcoming week!!

Running a little late this week.

Week 3

Wednesday Easy 4 miles. T+D 125. I didn't make any notes on this one so it must have been pretty uneventful.

1700243954467.png

Thursday 5 miles @ Trail. T+D 126. Just a little ache in the left hip. Stretching and better warm up seems to be helping things along. Not time to see the doc yet.

1700244070631.png

Friday 3 easy miles. T+D 134. Hips were feeling pretty good.

1700244194551.png

Sunday 4 easy miles. Forgot to record T+D. It was drizzling and fairly warm.

1700244321120.png

Monday 10 miles trail + easy. T+D 141-144. Ok..... this was a rough run.

Fuel and water. I had my normal granola bar with peanut butter pre run. I took 3 GU gels and 2 Stroop waffles with me. Had one gel at 45 min and then a snack every 30 min after that. I had plenty of water with me and drank when I took in fuel. Stroop waffles were tasty, but I found them hard to eat on the move. I think I'll try a crustable for the next run.

I was seriously considering bailing out on the training plan and giving up on the goal of running 50 miles. About a mile or so in I felt a little light headed. So I paused my Garmin and took a couple of deep breaths. Rested about 30 seconds and restarted. I didn't realize until I got back home and looked at my data that I noticed over the course of about 40 seconds my HR jumped 40 bpm. It stayed elevated throughout the run.

If I'd known it jumped that much I might have called it quits and went back. I knew it was higher than normal but didn't realize it had jumped so much so quickly. I completed the run but ended up walking about half a mile toward the end of the run.

1700244815152.png

It was really a tough day. Mentally I was feeling pretty dejected after this day and to be honest it might be why I've waited so long to update the journal. I've been thinking about tapping out of the training.

I've been paying close attention to my HR this week and comparing it to the other similar runs. It seems to have been a one-time issue. At least so far. I'll continue to keep a close watch on it.

So you didn't notice anything during your run that could have caused your HR to increase suddenly?
Or could it have been cadence-locked? Happens to me all the time 😕

It was really a tough day. Mentally I was feeling pretty dejected after this day and to be honest it might be why I've waited so long to update the journal. I've been thinking about tapping out of the training.
Hang in there! Tough runs happen.

Yea, it could have been real HR data, but it easily could have been false data is well. One off bad runs happen. It's when you get a string of them is when you should consider pivoting. Doesn't mean the goal/race has to end, but possibly just need a different approach.

So you didn't notice anything during your run that could have caused your HR to increase suddenly?
I felt a little light headed prior to the increase in HR. It was enough that I stopped and evaluated how I was feeling. Ultimately I decided I would continue and see if it happened again. I didn't have any more light headedness and it wasn't until later that I connected it to the increase in HR.
Or could it have been cadence-locked? Happens to me all the time 😕

Hang in there! Tough runs happen.
Can you get cadence lock while run/walking? I'm not really sure. I have it happen before so it is a possibility.

Thanks for the encouragement. I really appreciate it!!
Yea, it could have been real HR data, but it easily could have been false data is well. One off bad runs happen. It's when you get a string of them is when you should consider pivoting. Doesn't mean the goal/race has to end, but possibly just need a different approach.
I kept a close eye on the HR this past week and didn't have any other issues. I went back and compared the HR data from the beginning of the training plan and this really was an anomaly. I'll continue to keep a close eye on the HR and see if it happens again. So far the plan seems to be heading in the right direction!

Week 4 in the books!

Tuesday core workout. I'm getting better at this and have moved up to the 10lb medicine ball for 2 rounds now.

Wednesday 3 easy miles. T+D 134. I was really focusing on the HR for this run. I was watching to see if it jumped again at any point. I'm happy to say it wasn't an issue and the run turned out to be pretty good.

1700593692999.png

Thursday 5 miles M Tempo. T+D 143. The M Tempo runs are turning out to be my favorite runs of this training plan.

1700593813604.png

Friday. Well I missed this run and I have a lame excuse for missing 3 easy miles. We got a new cat. We decided to take in one of our daughters cats that wasn't getting along with her other pets. Well..... that cat decided that he was going to meow all freaking night. So getting up early was out of the question.

I looked at the weather it looked like an afternoon run wouldn't be out of the question. So I decided to take the extra hour of sleep in the AM. Then at work I was walking, yup, just walking and I tweaked mu back somehow! What the heck!? Almost dropped me to my knees. I went home and tried to stretch it out without any luck. So, scratch Friday and Saturday it wasn't feeling much better. It was ok if I was walking, but if I stopped at all it was tight.

Sunday 4 easy miles. T+D 124. I decided to try and run even though the back was still a little tight. I warmed up and stretched and took off. To my delight the back was fine and the run was nice!

1700594265500.png

Monday another 5 mile M Tempo run. T+D 130. Foggy... eerily foggy. I think I've listened to too many true crime podcasts. I kept thinking the boogie man would jump out of the fog and get me! My headlamp was only good for about 20 ft so I was really careful to watch for traffic and cracks in the road. Left hip was a little sore towards the end but other than that it was a good run.

1700594429603.png

After the trail+easy run the prior week and problems with the HR it was nice to have a week of good runs!

I've postponed any talk about bagging the 50-mile run for now. I have 12 miles to do next Monday. I'll reevaluate after that run and hope that I don't have any more HR issues!

Week 5 in the books.

Tuesday core workout. https://www.rubberbanditz.com/blog/ultimate-medicine-ball-workout/

Got this workout from Billy. I really like this workout. I've never done a medicine ball workout before, and it turns out I like it!

Wednesday- 4 easy miles T+D 133. T+D pace = 14:06.

1701195122192.png

Thursday- 5 Trail miles. T+D 106. T+D pace = 14:47. Chilly for a Florida morning. Turkey day! Great time with the family. Got to play catch with the older grandsons. Both football and baseball! Fun day. Also, found out that one of our spare daughters is pregnant! How exciting! It'll be her first and she is due in June-ish! Made a note that both hips were a little sore.

1701195445623.png

Friday- 3 easy miles. T+D 109. T+D pace = 13:49. Made a note that my left hip was sore. I'm thinking it was from too much throwing the football and baseball with the grandsons.

1701195756990.png

Sunday- 4 easy miles. T+D 134. T+D pace = 14:06. Nice easy run. No note about the hips so they must not have been an issue.

1701195950765.png

Monday- 12 miles, 6 trail + 6 easy. T+D 125-118. T+D paces 14:56 & 13:58. Temperature actually dropped during this run. So rare for Florida! Made a note that my legs were tired after this run. Not horribly tired. Felt like I could have kept going if I had needed to.

What a difference 2 weeks makes. After the 10-mile run two weeks ago and the thoughts that maybe I was beating myself up and I wasn't going to be able to run 50 miles. Today was like a complete 180. Everything felt good. Hips aren't sore today and weren't an issue during the run. HR was good throughout the run. Had one spike that I'm going to ignore.

Nutrition- 1 blueberry Stroop waffle with PB pre run with water. This seemed to be pretty adequate fuel to start off with. I took in a big gulp of water at every mile. At mile 3 I had a GU with water. Mile 5 was another Stroop waffle with water. Still not sure if I like the waffles during the run. They aren't nearly as quick to put in as the GU. Mile 7, Donna met me with an uncrustable and I also had another GU. This might have been more than I needed. But I had the GU right at mile 7 and I wasn't sure if the pin I had dropped for her was in the right place. Turns out it was and I finally had the uncrustable at about 7.4 miles. At this time I also refilled my water bottle and got some more GUs and another waffle. At mile 9 I didn't really feel like I wanted any fuel but I went ahead and took in another GU. That was it for fuel. But I continued to take in water at every mile until the end.

Thing I did differently this time. I didn't wear my running vest with the water bladders. I just carried my handheld bottle and refilled when I saw Donna at mile 7. This seems to work out ok. But if it were hotter, I might need a larger water bottle or have to carry two handhelds. Or have her meet me at mile 5 and refill. Or go back to the vest. I liked running without the vest so I might need belt with water bottles or some other option. Still in progress.

1701197051809.png

So as of now I'm glad I didn't give up on my training after the crappy 10-mile run. Things seem so much better now than then!!

@DopeyBadger Billy, I'm wondering about moving Sunday's runs to Saturday and using Sunday as my rest day. What are your thoughts on this? The reason being is that Saturday is my Friday (Sunday & Monday are my days off). So, Donna and I like to go out on Saturday nights and when I have to run, I have to be home somewhat early so I can get up early for Sunday runs.

@DopeyBadger Billy, I'm wondering about moving Sunday's runs to Saturday and using Sunday as my rest day. What are your thoughts on this? The reason being is that Saturday is my Friday (Sunday & Monday are my days off). So, Donna and I like to go out on Saturday nights and when I have to run, I have to be home somewhat early so I can get up early for Sunday runs.

It's possible. You're on a Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon schedule right now, with Monday as the LR day. If you move the Sun run to Saturday, then physically there isn't any issue with it since Sunday is an easy fatigue inducer and your hard workouts are on Thurs. The issue that does occur is that Sunday runs are suppose to be fatigue inducers for the Monday LR. So if you move Sun to Sat, and have Sun as off before the Mon LR, then you make the Mon LR easier. This will change how your body perceives the workout and the stress of it. You'll be more fresh and instead of the LR acting like the middle portion of the race itself, now this training run more reflects the beginning of the race. You consider going every other on Sundays. The Monday LRs are more important to have the Sun run prior than are the Monday M Tempos. Thoughts?

It's possible. You're on a Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sun/Mon schedule right now, with Monday as the LR day. If you move the Sun run to Saturday, then physically there isn't any issue with it since Sunday is an easy fatigue inducer and your hard workouts are on Thurs. The issue that does occur is that Sunday runs are suppose to be fatigue inducers for the Monday LR. So if you move Sun to Sat, and have Sun as off before the Mon LR, then you make the Mon LR easier. This will change how your body perceives the workout and the stress of it. You'll be more fresh and instead of the LR acting like the middle portion of the race itself, now this training run more reflects the beginning of the race. You consider going every other on Sundays. The Monday LRs are more important to have the Sun run prior than are the Monday M Tempos. Thoughts?
I think this is a great compromise! I kinda figured that the Sunday runs were supposed to be fatigue inducing prior to Monday's long runs. So, on M Tempo weeks I'll move Sunday to Saturday and on LR weeks I'll leave things as is. Thanks for the help!

@DopeyBadger Billy, now that you have solved that dilemma. Can you help with another scheduling problem. I'm scheduled to run 16 miles on Christmas Day. There's a good chance Donna will shoot me if I take 4 hours out of Christmas Day to run. So, I'm thinking that I just slide everything back one day and run the 16 miles on Christmas Eve day instead. I would end up running 5 days in a row, but I think I can handle that.

@DopeyBadger Billy, now that you have solved that dilemma. Can you help with another scheduling problem. I'm scheduled to run 16 miles on Christmas Day. There's a good chance Donna will shoot me if I take 4 hours out of Christmas Day to run. So, I'm thinking that I just slide everything back one day and run the 16 miles on Christmas Eve day instead. I would end up running 5 days in a row, but I think I can handle that.

That should work. Just be cognizant of how that now Sunday LR feels and don't overdo it being five weeks out from race day.

Week 5 complete (apparently, I miss counted last week)

Tuesday medicine ball workout.

3 Easy miles. T+D 83. Wind chill 40!!!! That's cold in FL! T+D pace 13:45. First run in my new Glycerins.

1701796031205.png

6 M Tempo miles. T+D 103-107. T+D pace 11:48. All miles were a little fast. But not too bad. Run felt pretty good. Left hip a little achy afterwards.

1701796207424.png

3 Easy miles. T+D 123. T+D pace 13:58. I made a note that my legs definitely felt the prior run. Still a nice easy run.

1701796328611.png

Saturday medicine ball workout.

4 Easy miles. T+D 138. Muggy. T+D pace 14:10. I was really hoping the muggy days were past. I'm trying to figure out how much fluid I lose when I run so I can figure out how much I need for the 50 miles. During this run I lost 2 lbs. I weighed after I emptied my bladder and prior to getting dressed and then again after I got back and got all my wet gear off. I'm going to try and do this for each run that is close to one hour and see if it stays the same.

1701796641292.png

5 M Tempo miles. T+D 133-135. T+D pace 12:02. This run seemed a little harder than the previous M Tempo run. Some of the miles were a little fast but most were pretty close. Left hip was a little sore towards the end of the run. Not bad after the run or during the rest of the day.

1701796842785.png

Pretty good week, I think. Trying to figure out what I need for hydration. I've never tried salt pills, but I may get some. Or just try and replenish with Gatorade or Powerade. I know I'm a heavy sweater, especially if its muggy. Don't want to cramp up again like I did in the half.

Week 6 complete.

Tuesday- core workout

Wednesday- 5 easy miles.
T+D 99 pace 13:45. Cool breeze this morning made for a really nice run. Made a note that the left hip was no factor. Stretching and core workout might be helping with this.

1702407401159.png

Thursday- 6 trail pace miles.
T+D 96 pace 14:43. Another nice cool morning for a run. But today was the inkling of an illness. When I woke up I had a bit of a burn in the back of my throat and my sinuses and ears were itchy. Pretty happy with my pacing consistency here. I don't really like my trail pace because it can get a little boring but I'm happy that I'm at least fairly consistent with it.

1702407602504.png

Friday- 3 easy miles.
Or should have been. I woke up Friday morning and felt like death. My body ached and my throat was sore. Great. I went back to bed and woke up at work time and called out. I rarely call out of work but I felt pretty rough. I went back to bed and when Donna got up I moved out to the sofa to be with her where I promptly fell right back to sleep. Finally around noon I woke up. Sorta. I pretty much spent all day Friday sleeping on and off and went to bed early.

Saturday- core.
I made it to work on Saturday. I actually felt pretty good considering how I felt on Friday. Stayed hopped up on Dayquil all day and managed to survive. What I didn't do was my core workout when I got home. Instead it was back to the sofa for more napping.

Sunday- 4 easy miles.
T+D 131 pace 14:06. A little warmer and muggier out this morning. Still had a little cough and runny nose. But considering how I felt Friday I was just happy to be back out running. Nice run.

1702408144638.png

Monday- 14 miles, 7 trail + 7 easy.
T+D started at 122 and finished at 104. I knew going into this run that the temps were supposed to drop so I decided to try and run these close or a little higher than no correction on the paces. Trail 14:43, Easy 13:45.

I didn't get to go up and run this on the actual race trail because my road crew (Donna) was sick with whatever I had the previous couple days and given my recent illness I wasn't 100% sure I would be doing all 14 miles. So, I figured it might be a good idea to run the neighborhood.

It worked out fine. I prepped everything and left it in the bed of my truck and made a few loops picking up supplies along the way. I'm really trying to figure out this fuel and hydration thing for the race. I came across and article about fueling for an ultra and it led me to an Instagram account for a nutritionist. On one of her posts, she suggested the following as a baseline for fueling an ultra.

Hourly targets.
60g carbs
5g protein
250mg sodium
14oz of fluid.

Anyone know if this is right for slow runners? I'm sure this is based on someone that is far faster than me.

She also suggested to start fueling 30 min into the run.

She adds that if you want a custom plan to DM her for help. I'm sure she has a fee-based assistance program I'm just not sure I want to pay for the custom plan.

Fueling this time around went something like this.

I started out with a handheld 16oz water bottle with Gatorade.
30 min- 1 GU
60 min- 1/4 of a protein bar + 1/2 uncrustable, finished off first water bottle and grabbed second 16oz bottle with Gatorade.
90 min- 1 GU
120 min- 1/4 protein bar + 1 bite of the other half of the uncrustable. I just didn't feel like I could eat it. Finished second bottle of Gatorade and grabbed third 20oz handheld bottle.
150 min- 1 GU
180 min- 1/4 protein bar
Didn't quite polish off my third bottle of Gatorade.

Note to self. Gotta find other NON SWEET sources of fuel. Between the protein bar, the GUs and the Gatorade I was sick of sweet things by the time I finished. Not like sick sick. I just didn't like the thought of eating/drinking more of it. But given how much I tend to sweat I didn't see how I could get the 250 mg of sodium in without it being in my drink.
After doing a little more poking around today. It looks like chips and pretzels might be a decent option. But neither of those provide protein so I might need to look elsewhere. Or maybe I should just DM the nutritionist and get some help.

The run itself was pretty good. Really happy with the pacing. Not having my crew to hand me stuff made for a little slower stop. But all in all, it was a good morning!! Pain in the hips was a minimum so I was happy with that! After the run my legs were pretty tired. I did manage to go Christmas shopping with Donna and found a great place for Pho while we were out!

1702409804597.png

On to next week!!

Hourly targets.
60g carbs
5g protein
250mg sodium
14oz of fluid.

Seems reasonable to me except that the fluids (water) might be a little light given 2g carb per 1 oz water goal. Although there's probably less demand on the stomach in an ultra than in a shorter distance race. So you're probably less likely to stress the system.

It looks like chips and pretzels might be a decent option. But neither of those provide protein so I might need to look elsewhere.

There are chip brands that have protein in them. Like everything, test it out to see how you tolerate it during a training run.

Seems reasonable to me except that the fluids (water) might be a little light given 2g carb per 1 oz water goal. Although there's probably less demand on the stomach in an ultra than in a shorter distance race. So you're probably less likely to stress the system.

There are chip brands that have protein in them. Like everything, test it out to see how you tolerate it during a training run.
Thanks Billy! I've been trying Uncrustable sandwiches, and they are sitting pretty well. I'm going to work something out this weekend to include the sandwiches, chips, protein bars and GU gels. I've also picked up a bottle of Saltsticks. I haven't tried them yet. But I may this weekend.

Another week bites the dust!!

Tuesday-
Medicine ball core workout. 40:33. Still working on getting thru 3 rounds without taking any mini breaks during sets. I'm getting closer but the Russian twist is tough for an old man!

Wednesday-
3 easy miles. T+D 124, T+D pace 13:58. Nice easy run. Made a note that the hip is feeling pretty good today.

1703099933884.png

Thursday-
6 miles @ M Tempo. T+D 125, T+D pace 11:55. Made a note that I wasn't quite over the cold or sinus thing I had going on. Throat was burning and there was a lot of drainage from my head! Run felt good. Also, noted that hips are good.

1703100082127.png

Friday-
3 easy miles. T+D 118, T+D pace 15:53. It was a little windy this morning. I came around a corner of a wall and the wind nearly blew my right foot into my left leg. Wasn't quite ready for that gust! It was so windy it was a little hard to hear my interval beeper even with it on the collar of my shirt. Overall it was a good morning even with the wind.

1703100285233.png

Saturday-
Another medicine ball core workout. 40:41

Sunday-
4 easy miles. T+D 131-135, T+D pace 14:06. Very windy today. 25+MPH winds. It wasn't bad in the neighborhoods. But in the open it was a little rough. Made a note that I was having a little hip pain but it wasn't too bad.

1703100460229.png

Monday-
6 miles @ M Tempo. T+D 109-105, T+D pace 11:48-11:45. This was a good run. Made a note that the left hip got a little achy at about 4.75 miles. Not enough to slow down. Cooled off a bit during the run. No wind. The weather has taken a nicer turn and it's been cool and not windy in the AM.

1703100656543.png

All in all a good week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter