My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and eve

Okay, now, (don’t yell at me), but I’m deciding to go back with the robocup. Just 1 question: what’s the total length from the top of the 1st clamp to the bottom of the 2nd clamp?

LOL I would never yell at you!

I don't have that measurement, though, because we cut off (and long ago discarded) that bottom section with the second clamp... But...

I found this for you, on this page:

The RoboCup, LLC
5130 S. Fort Apache Rd. #215-180
Las Vegas, NV 89148 USA
Tel: (702) 475-4047
Fax: (702) 800-5479
Email: Help@TheRoboCup.com
Instagram: @therobocup

LOL Be sure to tell them that we need them to make a "one clamp" model so I don't have to have the hubs cut off my bottom sections any more! LOL

Fold & Go has changed the way they do their twice-yearly MagSHOCK wheelchair giveaways (after scammers high-jacked their post last time and some people lost money to the scammers).

Their new program is called the Grant Program and will give away 1 chair each month. It's been moved off Facebook onto Fold & Go's website.

Here's the Facebook post announcing the change

Details are at this link on their website (includes grant application): Fold & Go Grant Program

I recently purchased a fold and go and my first experience with it didn't go so well. I practiced a little around the house but should have practiced outside. My first time using it was at Adventureland Amusement Park in Iowa. At first I had trouble controlling the joystick. It seemed like it was going where it wanted not where I wanted it to go! I lowered the speed and it was a little more controlled. It kept pulling me to the right. I then realized that to be on a flat surface I had to be right in the middle of the pathways as there was a slight incline on both sides. Then after being fully charged the battery suddenly died about halfway through the day. I had been turning it off if sitting idle for more than a couple of minutes. Luckily I was able to find an outlet in a shaded spot to plug it in. It only took about 2 hours for the green light on the charger to show but I left it plugged in another hour while waiting for the rest of the family who had gone to the water park portion which I had planned on just watching anyway. The battery showed a full charge. Once we started out again the battery quickly dropped again. I didn't use or charge the chair again until we got home the next day. When I did get home the chair again showed a full charge even though it sat in the car all evening, night and about half of the next day. I am pooh size but am a good 60 pounds under the maximum and realize that the battery will drain faster but expected to at least get through the park. I had hoped to use the chair at our zoo in Omaha which is very large and very hilly but am afraid to now. I also have a WDW tripped planned for next year and don't want to rent an ecv again. Any advice? I did email Fold and Go and was told to practice.

I recently purchased a fold and go and my first experience with it didn't go so well. I practiced a little around the house but should have practiced outside. My first time using it was at Adventureland Amusement Park in Iowa. At first I had trouble controlling the joystick. It seemed like it was going where it wanted not where I wanted it to go! I lowered the speed and it was a little more controlled. It kept pulling me to the right. I then realized that to be on a flat surface I had to be right in the middle of the pathways as there was a slight incline on both sides. Then after being fully charged the battery suddenly died about halfway through the day. I had been turning it off if sitting idle for more than a couple of minutes. Luckily I was able to find an outlet in a shaded spot to plug it in. It only took about 2 hours for the green light on the charger to show but I left it plugged in another hour while waiting for the rest of the family who had gone to the water park portion which I had planned on just watching anyway. The battery showed a full charge. Once we started out again the battery quickly dropped again. I didn't use or charge the chair again until we got home the next day. When I did get home the chair again showed a full charge even though it sat in the car all evening, night and about half of the next day. I am pooh size but am a good 60 pounds under the maximum and realize that the battery will drain faster but expected to at least get through the park. I had hoped to use the chair at our zoo in Omaha which is very large and very hilly but am afraid to now. I also have a WDW tripped planned for next year and don't want to rent an ecv again. Any advice? I did email Fold and Go and was told to practice.

Questions:
When you say it "suddenly died" do you mean that the battery meter dropped to zero, but the chair kept moving?

Or, do you mean that the electronics went dark, and the chair stopped completely?

Also, was it one battery or both?

Did you check to make sure that both batteries are fully engaged in their sockets?

If the battery "suddenly died", it might indicate that you might have been putting a "load" on the batteries by trying to climb a hill - so while the chair is working hard to get you up the hill, it *appears* to be utilizing all the power, but then when you reach level ground, or start downhill, the battery meter may go all the way to green again. That's actually kind of normal for a lot of mobility devices.

If the electronics go completely dark, and the chair stops, that's a red flag for a new Fold & Go. Call customer service right away, and tell them about that behavior, and then let them know when you bought the chair.

If it's only 1 battery that is dropping off, but the other appears to be holding a complete charge, check both batteries to make sure that they are securely seated and engaged in their sockets.

Charge the chair fully and completely overnight - especially before and after every Disney day. You should not need to recharge during the day - a new Fold & Go should have enough battery power to carry you all day, even at Disney World.

Questions:
When you say it "suddenly died" do you mean that the battery meter dropped to zero, but the chair kept moving?

Or, do you mean that the electronics went dark, and the chair stopped completely?

Also, was it one battery or both?

Did you check to make sure that both batteries are fully engaged in their sockets?

If the battery "suddenly died", it might indicate that you might have been putting a "load" on the batteries by trying to climb a hill - so while the chair is working hard to get you up the hill, it *appears* to be utilizing all the power, but then when you reach level ground, or start downhill, the battery meter may go all the way to green again. That's actually kind of normal for a lot of mobility devices.

If the electronics go completely dark, and the chair stops, that's a red flag for a new Fold & Go. Call customer service right away, and tell them about that behavior, and then let them know when you bought the chair.

If it's only 1 battery that is dropping off, but the other appears to be holding a complete charge, check both batteries to make sure that they are securely seated and engaged in their sockets.

Charge the chair fully and completely overnight - especially before and after every Disney day. You should not need to recharge during the day - a new Fold & Go should have enough battery power to carry you all day, even at Disney World.
The chair is brand new. I didn't even unbox it until a few nights before our trip. I charged it all night using the charger on the joystick. The chair stopped completely and the battery showed no bars. It may have been on a slight incline but not a steep hill. I did not take the batteries out when I opened the chair. This amusement park is fairly large but by no means as large as any of the parks at Disney. Thank you for your advice. I do not need a wheelchair all of the time but can't walk very far anymore due to bad knees and sciatica as well as COPD.

The chair is brand new. I didn't even unbox it until a few nights before our trip. I charged it all night using the charger on the joystick. The chair stopped completely and the battery showed no bars. It may have been on a slight incline but not a steep hill. I did not take the batteries out when I opened the chair. This amusement park is fairly large but by no means as large as any of the parks at Disney. Thank you for your advice. I do not need a wheelchair all of the time but can't walk very far anymore due to bad knees and sciatica as well as COPD.

If you haven't called Fold & Go yet, I would certainly recommend it.

In the interim, I would try popping both batteries completely out, and then re-seating them. That may fix the issue; there's a chance that something got jostled in shipping and a battery just wasn't making good contact.

Do let us know what F&G says!

I am looking at the Fold and Go wheelchair and thinking about how much of my regular life I could get back.

Has any one had any luck getting medicare to help pay for this device?

I am looking at the Fold and Go wheelchair and thinking about how much of my regular life I could get back.

Has any one had any luck getting medicare to help pay for this device?
The short reply is Medicare will only pay for a mobility device that a doctor certifies is needed in the home and will only pay for a power wheelchair that is needed in the home AND the person is not able to use an ECV or a manual device of some kind.
This is the Medicare page about wheelchairs.
Medicare DME (Durable Medical Equipment)

The short reply is Medicare will only pay for a mobility device that a doctor certifies is needed in the home and will only pay for a power wheelchair that is needed in the home AND the person is not able to use an ECV or a manual device of some kind.
This is the Medicare page about wheelchairs.
Medicare DME (Durable Medical Equipment)
So, I’m guessing that for those of us who only need a powerchair for long distances/quality of life improvement, we’re out of luck?

So, I’m guessing that for those of us who only need a powerchair for long distances/quality of life improvement, we’re out of luck?
Even those that need them to be able to get out of the house are out of luck, you know because we wouldn't want people to be able to be independent. Seriously, I know several people that if they were able to get a device, such as the fold and go chair could and would get off of disability, but even if an ECV would work, they would qualify because they don't need it for around the house, just to leave the house. All this stems from years of abuse of the system, but there does need to a better solution overall that helps people with what they actually need and in a way that helps get them to be able to be more independent.

Bushdianne, is your Fold and Go the new MagSHOCK model? Did the company help you get it to work? Thank you for any inforamtion.

While we wait for our friend @bushdianee to reply (hopefully with some good news about her chair!) I will say that when I first got my F&G, I had some... problems? issues? but *NOT* with the chair itself. It was me! I really did stink at driving it! LOL I was so used to my TravelScoot that for some reason, I just couldn't master the joystick. Or, so I thought. I called F&G Customer Service, and they were endlessly patient with me, answering all my questions, giving me helpful tips and encouragement, and letting me know that no matter what, they wouldn't give up on *me*. Just fabulous customer service.

It took me longer than I wanted it to - and to their credit, there were folks here who have said for years that driving a power chair is quite different from driving an ECV, and there is a learning curve. (credit where credit is due to @Sue M in MN, and @lanejudy!) - and they were right. There is a learning curve, and part of my problem was that I was overconfident in my abilities. It also helped that my hubs set up an obstacle course in our garage for me to practice tight turns (like the queues at WDW) and to get used to traveling through tight spaces.

Honestly, @bushdianee's power issue with her new F&G is the first time I have ever heard of a problem like that with a F&G chair; overall, they have been a consistently solid company when it comes to quality. My hubby (who is *very* picky about my personal mobility devices) is quite pleased about the quality and construction of my Figgy (I named my bright purple, sparkly chair after Figment, because... it fits! LOL and also I name all of my devices!) and although the pandemic (and my emergency surgery last New Years) crushed my Disney plans for the last 18 months or so, eventually, Figgy and I will get there!

If you have any other F&G questions, we have a lot of folks here who own them, and we might be able to help answer them! 🙂

Last edited:
My NEW Fold and Go Wheelchair is the best investment that I have ever made. Great at Disney and everywhere.

I was lucky enough to rent a Fold and Go Wheelchair while at Walt Disney World last June 2018. They brought the rental wheelchair to Disney's Pop Century Resort Lobby where I was waiting and they gave me instructions and answered all of my questions.

They are not a Disney designated or preferred provider, so I had to meet them, but I was happy to meet them. We set a time to meet.

My Medicare Insurance did not cover this product at this time which was a bummer. And I did not need a physician's prescription to rent one nor to buy one. But that was okay with me because it offered me everything that I needed to transport me anywhere I basically wanted to go compared to all other portable, foldable electric wheelchairs. Whether I was at Walt Disney World, at home or by bus, train, subway, airlines.

I wanted a wheelchair that was quality built and that could carry my high weight of 340-pounds.

I also wanted easy access to repair if needed in the future. This is the only company that matched my needs.

I was surprised that the CEO and her employees all used wheelchairs and help design this wheelchair from their experiences using a wheelchair.

The batteries do not have to be removed for airline travel and are actually designed to be part of the wheelchair structure. Instead of my scooter 25-pound gel batteries, they designed the two wheelchair 2-3-pound Lithium-Ion batteries.

The wheelchair quality is remarkable with all of the well-planned features strong welding and strong all-steel alloy tubular design. I can stand on the foot rest it is so strong.

It actually folds to only 13-inches for storage and only weighs 55-pounds.

They just designed so many features that I didn't any think about that made this wheelchair so appealing to me.

The company has information that will help you check with your insurance to see if it will be covered with a physician prescription.

In Atlanta, some sidewalk ramps having a 2-inch or more drop because of new repavement construction of the road and the failure to smooth out the pavement up to the ramp. Next time I might drive up backward since the rear wheels are larger at 12 inches and have the motors attached. I just didn't like the idea of going backward on a crowded and busy city. I was really struggling with the joystick not being used to that situation.

The wheelchair has two rear motors attached to the two rear wheels. I found it interesting when rolling up a sidewalk ramp that was set at another angle to the sidewalk itself. My two front 7" wheels were fighting with my joystick to keep me going straight ahead. I had to turn my joystick toward the direction of the tilted sidewalk. You had to be there.

Honestly, I didn't really need any instructions to use a wheelchair, because I had been reading their websites Frequently Asked Questions and all of their Videos online over the years. So by the time that I had planned my June 2019 Disney Retirement Vacation, I was ready to use it instead of my over a decade old Pride Mobility REVO 3-wheel Mobility Scooter.

yNA5-f2tNBh4ctfe-3KZt-rnPRJg4L4y0OkX6gGqOuKJ4BAeOkwEsDn3IcHMn0Hgg3sXtnkaEzwCPZXeZm0H9B4G3EcGjSuwteGfr9GT694eBzO55QJ2RwIemeUHnd4W03d-rA68eta8gY8odTlXH6GDamhInxTZmOql9Qdm_26tXT7xTn7o8AB5tdF09wbvX5JyfqPogJ2BB2Q26j2_MBOV8URPauw_ilUMrZMb4kAJb29ktmH-Flm8Nvo0K_LTHwHorjPISjCuCoMNGzL9j4Rre6Hs8tcCP7EoDHgqp1XbU_SaclY6bACU46vkFTbinCFZLDIGzNtMHVjxfS9hj23VmEQ-pPyzSRBSLOwTZ6OWnCqHiMBCT4BX764qaPwJLGOZCFfiepvDDWbRldy4xbulud1EV_gNViGBnO_xPPdsxlzhm6MF19XwbzXriDQdP5oeyR9HhYerDimESpq5K4n-pwaFrQXmwB0NpTU3U7cI-jEeh07LsSfnWJPi0Uxv-e5crC0isbTPMIQjn3GBJhmb8MFDVx7VtaJqkKxF8jZXWJXEbCBzR1Den6XIa48p5ceIN2V5zmQ9rnfvl44JbY6rD8e2veGCMps8rPPhVocdcsqha8wCkZIab5wXuN9819MMBRMqolNAe8j_Ym8pcXDV=s300-no
View attachment 578969
View attachment 578970
YLMnHHNqbNskG6Az-upm38LjjtBA7HCE9k9CRUkVzC1xbbHQ7GlBgiNwJENMod6vc1udSKEzVxPT4LnuEeBPoNyCK9eYz1zAIPP5AGpGHvQ327G8Tu0QzqP2dlJRmK_MOYrmQaAtomSWLpNkuReTx7CnZzon3wOLMeWrRm-oFO4QoChQ2iRaY6Y3ebIq47niHlklMs5pVg_h5ysGk8VSo4cadgt8v4iq1ibaFJfakZnKdFSR9W4dY6mYv8X6HAp1IWUSQQ1AWh1LkVQ-_T8qONlF17UQebZLSJZc2x8wjNi4dqkJ81DZZ-USK45OFEBU6CN8KCzq7y2L1yjmMkcROxtz-ZX3--Z6ax4L-CvDT1co-1i-JPP8RLEUMv6ihTPfTK801wFSQmBlbGZvKO6IYnHKD8g7C48HY6D9tWs0aKmBkMiii6G9hrNRkq6CoxBVwr7-9NBRb0-zDOJLWhv8j5pW5oB-03FHvF22MNPbVzh0SPVm8Yb1MdQcZc9-RF89TVMRW6JS3_EbOZFe8aUFWQpXXel0XX7n7u1IR6pj_3_MffgNbMU_zwZyr25Exi9PzncjCihXGA1L1g-_XnWZKHRqcFW_UK6pcnvm6Dvt9jWDXbjoo3kEsj3VGRu5TiJuilw0S6jeriTR7RY-4RSf5ZNK=s300-no
View attachment 578972

Pride Mobility Revo SC63 Scooter
Disassembles: Yes
Transportable/Collapsible: Yes
Foldable: No
Heaviest Piece: 48 lbs.
Each U-1 Battery with built-in compartment 25 Lbs
Weight: 157 lbs.

I just couldn't lift that scooter anymore even after taking it apart. The motor end, the seat, the 2-batteries, and the front steering tiller section were still too heavy to lift separately when taking the scooter apart to put it in the car trunk and to take it out of the car trunk each time. I didn't lift 200 pounds at one time. I am just getting too old to that anymore. Over a decade ago, it was a great find for me to be able to transport and take it apart to fit in my car trunk. I haven't owned a car in years, but that is another story.

I know many casual users of mobility scooters might not adapt very well to using a joystick and to driving an electric power wheelchair. Especially anyone that is using one temporarily at Disney. But for me, it worked out great. I just took it very slow and practiced all over the Disney Pop Century Resort property making turns, backing up, turning in a circle in space and parallel parking that is used in the Disney bus transport and driving around guests.

Edited: I MUST EMPHASIZE THAT USING A JOYSTICK AND AN ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR IS VERY DIFFERENT THAN USING A MOBILITY SCOOTER. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO TRY ONE BEFORE RENTING OR BUYING ONE. I DON'T BELIEVE THAT THIS IS FOR THE CASUAL USER THAT HAS NEVER USED ONE. I THINK THAT MOST ELECTRIC WHEELCHAIR USERS WILL AGREE.

I found the lowest speed was my friend when training for days. Although it has five speeds up to 4-mph, I usually set it at the second power level which seemed to be walking speed for most guests around the resort.

It's funny, but the most difficult thing for me to remember was not to reach forward with my right arm because my shirt sleeves would catch on the joystick and move the wheelchair unexpectedly.

For example, approaching the Disney Pop Century Resort elevator button or using my Disney MagicBand to open my door. Sometimes when I leaned forward, my wheelchair lurched forward unexpectedly and my toes got jammed against the wall of the elevator or against my resort room door. OUCH! I can't tell you how many days I did that.

Or leaning forward to clean my Disney refillable mug. Or reaching for anything. I learned to be more careful leaning forward or to just turn off my power if I wasn't moving so I wouldn't accidentally hit my joystick.

I didn't seem to learn my lesson right away either after coming back to my resort room after a long night at the Disney Parks. I jammed my foot again. But after a few days, this old dog did learn new tricks.

I took it slow and made wide turns as I entered the elevators. Turning in one spot using the joystick took a little practice for me. I can make a complete 360-degree turn in one spot with less than a yard of space. I admit, it took a lot of practice, but I got the hang of it.

All of my comments are probably the reasons that most rental scooter users may not do well with an electric power wheelchair and should stick with a mobility scooter. But for me, it is great. I can drive up to the dining table, ride accessible attractions without getting out of my wheelchair, make tight turns. Plus this Fold and Go Wheelchair can climb about twice the inclines than any other mobility scooter or electric power wheelchair. The Lithium-Ion batteries charge in less time and last longer.

Here are a few photos of me at Walt Disney World and the Smokey Mountains:

rNnfSlArj0xrkbT8AcE1jVxXtYGtISVaEpBT91QRqyO9J0aqR1AmbixkyqOrbyp7qbcZVXilt-yTRRqMa-orfHOCYmOtKWCMfpghxfY8cmUWEdG30N1a76ssS_pjj-9MQNMjF5aD0IGdKJSw4vQiUIkI1wsNQkCSGeTqfljoZ2FbRKzbv2HvC53rHDywX-MvF7glh_KIshhDKBnkwMQp3aFdFUGa3dwngn9wMkqaPebg6dRrYSzOO4Fpmtyjb-4tzku8N8rk7tzAjcSdHBoAHOBapch8Kka5TrwSQHOblXa6hwppsB8s0y3vfhLyVhtPfqo3wQRS9WBAt1EZeeuiRk6RaIHM0ctx5j3kXOOoK94VUDph3y5ffTVS8XTJgVDWdyW06GuP-U1ewBcsalzJ6Akm0IAkQl1guoLMeSnv2HhIkLEOqOrft4G3Ui5gaL3eyH8iz9IfYQdiEpeDCpMYgn7XDnMQa6ptPM2OoMBVdRK6byncxHsTScmdTtouy12HAdCwOU9nbn0_pOBjo8UiSaVElLBfZox6XJekediM5FJK2g5kckMwu7lBt0fVnnZsTUmkT_PxmUtBL7xOwwmXExXCIYTU0AxDGp8LydPtHKNDX3ICWXdseSr7C1mA5ypu8lgn-0DCSOXyGMX3ds5w5k-n=w505-h758-no
View attachment 578971

Smile Ray...you're at the Magic Kingdom.

GWeNJlt-2Z_OVTuX5neAlQh1OCyKRJBR3XguG_WsQ51NdsxZP3QOKS8w_fJmo3co5ZmtTbndmkFqYT4QxVYuOFH9kQ9maVGyPU5bcybU8UNDvkqL6_Ss8FxFWoc2glW0sPe8QGUOYEA7RYQKSSsUsNqJtTll-XMGiFAdjMCd_DpV1TQeCedqWQoknauqbwN7jLXNYAJReKbpI5EFHTYFW_0MNAgJgIIzfw7MKNifwhdDpu0Kz_QR05y9R4poMHBYDLB6GSt5ehWfKLXQVbH-zY4r5e_6ZsKNm8kHW1-N1ykEG6bhRbfH9hOkYi7fdhF_G95ez6bzN2h6jh-IkSxkCo90E3MZ-AHFZelGbr15P3SXVT5EpJJ-Saolgo_SIN7gNbTSO7n5TaqyYfRm2Flqay4Xhy_B4HVDhQs56Jt5PdZuOR96McbO-kotC6wyp6OXnSUrkof9cMiHw7jN5MkeTSWPnFO3i0Av7p36XRjVcAqYyVp2HXB5aE58JoIjpaPHbTOXO1zfJ46nrzlD5g976IYE263ddD3FaFPxYnHEy-SaB1pJDOap4R4ZnpW0jhMs40-Nqvy3CSjjFAGzZDkLXvfcHwARTwNG0Kyd20v_t4fB-c1ONKyKMapdo4Ex77sc4Lvmv9PxweBt5rcSe_nmW37K=w512-h758-no
View attachment 578974

I love the EPCOT Christmas Tree.

Z1cgyw-2KyD2GUXdXosNgAQsllps6PK8HSM_ifyrspkFZLqEG9ODcx__jqr_FKUcczmc5sqv_KeQBNSezgBBo75a8HRjAjmz3ruVhebW4USL-Odn-R5euCti195-jN8FYd7xFLHVobf217h0RpJyxb4uhRf4FW-JKFF_6NA7zR1vUx4Jd3mW5rjyMZmX1zDayRx3cyl1omAVMuZJMXjo3htSxMhktGzYlFMY6S66d_z9QYuDTf5Z7nm1pIf6WAedgmzHyjsXCNV2U6hTbcOPtrbUj3yLOf4Cpvt8RsQ1WiuTJ-WzvQsHxfecOvYdmhnfC3REM2p2dzUMjE4irhVSrBt1lc6i9zvyPUYoAi2krzWZpxoSax9VVei-UEAj3Akb1_TZgCAxTLTJbDlaEb-mH_jBrAtTGdZp4Qx6-9_WhlBDFl9D-WOblg9iJSOF-PaSGS2zvC1DBGKvsvY4PQty-lv7nAG4lfA-Hlq1KVLSMh4pA6S2y2Db0JnKxEpMFiNGZ2-QKIS32OiEhlTBw6XAP652LwF7ItujWELbzFWrBfY_YewOJYxYoJkIkJEeQLiCDPDJlUpfg-bX7t8m-4fLsZC34zbUckV6BWxACJU2quN_vSRHkoFgDDwEVTx2Uqghs4VTr4lZt0ZgYcl_Mo5j-f31=w1137-h758-no
View attachment 578975

Disney's Animal Kingdom picture perfect.

View attachment 578980

Disney's Hollywood Studio's new location for the Christmas Tree was very pretty in the lake.

FuOeGVZZc7cC0nPXWDZQpEPa2NiPj5j2VnnYeRB0j41zQ2GKxRJMhvUHWMckW__CwHslY0Gce4S5B2BhZmzlwhv16nyYNZeGwCvVKwTuExXYutmhE7gdHR1df2VsLhKCSaK71lsvGcSDmUZ1Pc8Yt9xj3lGD7pygxyiy7rbaewYVmKPKQhdtRTX6zKvWvibxcf_OCuLdY-R3aXIbP3uqai0fTmwFzosnVZw1gnWCPPexuKN7VComU4q539O-gTCWQ1EAKsXG1whYU811TtvtFeMwXU5mjtubbXUOgtxcFDHQ6Dn5zqXSkvhEOvFDeQqmK72GF69lSTNDIaWd7-ueFeKzNFGOLWSYqqSX5KX8P1eFBUHF-wMxg159Xja_hvHcP3UrZ4WzuqQDp52dfzMZb2RvYh6kHWd4OvzO4aRZpWn11N6t92j00MXp0-cPeTSDfEzoA8p2p-DGJOx08Hbqson5EwVk-cFYnG6fuRO0FHjSyKpbndh3kHy4eP0saNT4008S7BiGBwhajROpy769F-sH_HkO8j9XqQ7ixRHzoI85XZFKxvMjN7_K6UyDiHCcVEcThx9C24SuZjC4jGk6nmrFkfdDKh5-uL39IScBR_btScU72GqO3WWtOnGG_fA62Ccq0c5tQHzFc1iMFa1TJ6Ko=w1137-h758-no
View attachment 578977

I was showing off my Disney Mickey Mouse Christmas Wreath on the back of my wheelchair. Before I left Disney, they had sold out at DS, MK, DHS.

BlQ0j_fWb4PFFkh9lL_mXUb8Rcd4DWH3Q95O4zGX8znxoaOr8qqcFMTUpa1Asxcc0w1FXAxKKD5dqSDpzOtW8R1D1EG3_SWaTxugAEc__2njYjD1gYPj-Rh41149JFk65VO9hhJJkH40X-nxdDnbTEzMAvImCPIi5rnt7XKo7_YTxeMI6p05xueXv8iGOcg9oZWYGVIxK7v9ii-tkbplyH6X5jAm-T6DDn0NnwEpSkgoa2yyg4rq-U61B445-eU8yBz8ph8mSz_F9yuYN2-Q0YLvITsxr4E_QSzqu3JsAqiEVTgcJmYdihRrwF4FqDy9YL5p8yycJblN5ZbdWB_82UX6zWoVqKtk7vpXJiQ_opsxWan_ixPs8qPhVJiUi4gAdFXmLefPyKhy_m7ddANqwJQIYPZM0Lcjsq-qLtTWQl8Fy9c49tPlZ_bvUvapIgmcwAmw-ihbTycVWCIYp8kKfUJgZitYW38wCaTLYkfQwxDrem1BDYMVpSilRRvnsAkxbAUItMRhyAXSfdo3CCBSDfPPIDdtaA1qCXmOIHL67oawe78nzHBX22apXbfUW4SmrfkhBx0L1Xi8z7A8ZC74HRdFFf5yZ6Hgu-XHlGGCthILiptAwsv8aGTvCl0ne38n_vEMnGZD3B_wUjNcylt64kid=w1138-h758-no
View attachment 578979

It was very chilly at the Magic Kingdom with my knit cap and gloves on.

Ray, I can’t find where we talked about the Kia that they were supposed to exhibit at the Abilities expo. We went through the expo twice yesterday. They had all sorts of accessible vehicles, but no Kia. Talking with several people, I found out this year’s show is drastically scaled back due to Covid, so maybe that’s why?

I just didn’t want you to think I forgot about you. If you need pictures of the Toyota, or Dodge we have those. Of course those vehicles are insanely priced. One of them was 79,000 for a used 2020 with 10,000 miles.

Other than directly from Fold and Go, is there any where to rent on and try it? I live in the Atlanta area in the N GA mountains and we are planning a trip to Disney in mid Oct.? If I am reading this thread correctly I think WDW used to rent them in MK but no longer do so. is this correct?

I spoke with my doctor about Medicare helping to pay for one and he laughed and said he had tried in the past and spent hours on paper work to no avail. So I guess I need to find a way to completely pay for it myself. But I would feel so much better if I could try one first.

Other than directly from Fold and Go, is there any where to rent on and try it? I live in the Atlanta area in the N GA mountains and we are planning a trip to Disney in mid Oct.? If I am reading this thread correctly I think WDW used to rent them in MK but no longer do so. is this correct?

I spoke with my doctor about Medicare helping to pay for one and he laughed and said he had tried in the past and spent hours on paper work to no avail. So I guess I need to find a way to completely pay for it myself. But I would feel so much better if I could try one first.
I couldn’t find anywhere to try one. I’ve been interested in the Fold & Go since 19, but didn’t want to buy without trying. I’m in San Antonio and Houston’s not too far away, so we made the trip to the Abilities Expo this year. It was smaller due to Covid, but Fold & Go was there. It was very comfortable and pretty easy to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter