My whole itinerary just changed Bc FoP FP

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
planning gets to me....and I thought I’d be so much better Bc this trip is just me and DH!!

Anyway, I just got us FPs for FoP at 2:20 at AK. Not an ideal time Bc the plan was AK morning until lunch then hop to EP for rest of day/evening.

So now, I’m thinking of RDing EP and going to TT first. We are no experts by any means so questions:

We will be coming from IG:

Will we be able to bring coffee through security?

How early to get to gates?

Should we do single rider or regular stand by? Would rather see the line and stay together, but if time is a big difference will reconsider.

Then we will head to Soarin and Livin with the Land. Then try for Soaceship Earth.

What time could we expect to be done?

Where do we get an Uber from the main entrance?

Our first FP at AK now is the safari 1:20-2:20. Followed by Flight at 2:20-3:20.

Want to end the night in WS. I’m still thinking 5 hours is more than enough time in WS to enjoy food and drinks, right?

Does this plan sound ok?

planning gets to me....and I thought I’d be so much better Bc this trip is just me and DH!!

Anyway, I just got us FPs for FoP at 2:20 at AK. Not an ideal time Bc the plan was AK morning until lunch then hop to EP for rest of day/evening.

So now, I’m thinking of RDing EP and going to TT first. We are no experts by any means so questions:

We will be coming from IG:
1. Will we be able to bring coffee through security?
2. How early to get to gates?
3. Should we do single rider or regular stand by? Would rather see the line and stay together, but if time is a big difference will reconsider.
4. Then we will head to Soarin and Livin with the Land. Then try for Soaceship Earth.
5. What time could we expect to be done?
6. Where do we get an Uber from the main entrance?
7. Our first FP at AK now is the safari 1:20-2:20. Followed by Flight at 2:20-3:20.
8.Want to end the night in WS. I’m still thinking 5 hours is more than enough time in WS to enjoy food and drinks, right?
9. Does this plan sound ok?

First, you could keep trying to change your FoP FP.
Otherwise:
1. Yes.
2. 30 min. before posted open time.
3. Check when you get to the attraction.
4. OK.
5. 2-2.5 hours after opening time.
6. No idea. But, I figure it will be over in the Taxi/Bus area.
You can ask at the front gates when you get there.
I would just take the Epcot>DAK Disney bus.
7. You should make that very easily.
8. That would be too short for many WS fans here, plus with that late timing,
some of the WS entertainment will be over.
9. Every plan has it's plusses and minuses.

Last edited:
First, you could keep trying to change your FoP FP. Otherwise:
1. Yes.
2. 30 min. before posted open time.
3. Check when you get to the attraction.
4. OK.
5. 2-2.5 hours after opening time.
6. No idea. But, I figure it will be over in the Taxi/Bus area.
You can ask at the front gates when you get there.
I would just take the Epcot>DHS Disney bus.
7. You should make that very easily.
8. That would be too short for many WS fans here, plus with that late timing,
some of the WS entertainment will be over.
9. Every plan has it's plusses and minuses.
So rides with Single Rider post wait times so you can compare?

I would head to Soarin at RD - then do TT single rider. If you ride TT first - by the time you are done - Soarin will have a line. TT queue is not a big deal. Leave Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth for when you return to EP later in the day as you head towards WS for the evening.

Just take the bus between the parks, Uber is not going to likely save you any time or hassle in this case.

I think 5 hours at WS is plenty of time. Now - if your goal is to drink around the world and stop everywhere for a drink - then its not. And some of the afternoon acts don't perform in the evening - but if you goal is some food and drink a couple of spots and people watching - plenty of time.

rides with Single Rider post wait times so you can compare?

Its easy to just judge TT based on just the regular Standby wait time.

If the standby is 30 min. or over, then SRL will be as good, or better.

EP. ---> AK----> & back 2 EP/WS.....To me that's a lot of travel that you are wasting,but to each his/her own....I'd do what Robo stated, and keep trying to change your FP for the a.m. With only 2 people I'd think you'd have a pretty good chance.

I would still do AK in the AM, try to move up that FP and then hop to Epcot right after you are done FOP. It’s still sufficient time at Epcot.

If you’re ok doing TT single rider and you want to do Soarin’, then don’t do TT first. Do Soarin’ first. The TT single rider line doesn’t generally get very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter