• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name one quirky thing you do

I open the windows in my bedroom in the Fall/Winter & put on the fan, so its really cold in there, & bundle up with 5 blankets on my bed. It's how I sleep the best.

What's the quirkiest thing you do?

I can't sleep if I'm not wearing socks. I actually always wear socks except when I'm in the shower.

I wait for a whole step on escalators too but it's mainly because I don't like touching the handrails.

We are a family of 5 - the 2 of us & our 3 children. I have to have things in sets of 3 or 5. If I get just 2 of something, it makes me feel like I'm leaving a child out - but, if there's a set of 2 things nearby the set of 3 things, it's okay because 2 represents DH & me, & 2 +3 = 5. For example, on our fireplace mantel, I have 2 candle holders on one side, &, on the hearth on the opposite side, I have 3 candle holders.

I do this one too! Family of 4 so things must be in fours, but sometimes 2 is OK.

I can't sleep if I'm not wearing socks. I actually always wear socks except when I'm in the shower.

Total opposite quirk here, I CANNOT sleep in socks. It doesn't matter how cold I am before I go to sleep. If I give in to the cold and put on socks, I will wake burst awake a couple hours later and frantically kick off the socks like they are fire.

Just one? :rotfl2:

I cannot leave anywhere if a clock reads anything :13

Clocks don't bother me, but I do have a really hard time leaving the TV volume on 13!

Total opposite quirk here, I CANNOT sleep in socks. It doesn't matter how cold I am before I go to sleep. If I give in to the cold and put on socks, I will wake burst awake a couple hours later and frantically kick off the socks like they are fire.

Me too! And I almost always wear socks or slippers in the house. But I just don't sleep right with them on. If I'm really cold, I'll take them off in the blankets, and just drop them over the side of the bed to put in the hamper in the morning.

And I'm on the "properly loaded dishwasher" bandwagon, too!

I'm the opposite. I hate socks and ONLY wear them in the winter when leaving the house. It can be -40 (F) here and I won't wear socks around the house. Can't stand the feel of them. Same with slippers. Uggg.

I'm with you on scrap paper. I can't throw out a piece of paper that is only used on 1 side. In fact, I have a bunch of papers here at work that I use as scrap - why waste it? LOL

I drive the other girls in the office crazy. I will not kill more trees than I have to with the unneeded printing that people do, then throw away the paper. Every single piece of paper that is for my personal use is always printed on both sides or is made into a notepad for my use. I refuse to order notepads from the office supply co.

The other thing that drives them crazy is the calculator paper. When I worked here way back in 90-91, the owners dad (the money behind the company) came in and saw me get done adding some figures up, rip the paper off and throw it away. Yelled at me for being wasteful and yada, yada, yada. Needless to say I quickly learned from the girls in the other office, that you NEVER use just one side of the paper, you run it thru, roll it back up and run it back thru on the blank side. It was so ingrained in me after being screamed at as young 22 years old, that I have always used both side, even when I no longer was working there. Drives the girls crazy. The man pinched pennies like no other. We don't throw away mail envelopes either, those are all recycled by putting our paychecks in them.

The crazy thing that I personally do, is I add up license plates. Example:

90D4587 is an odd plate. None of the number combinations with give me 2 equal number.
2B2282 is an even plate. I can combine numbers to give me 8 both times.

DH always made fun of me, until this had helped out in a couple of hit and run accidents where I had been adding plates up and because of it, I could rattle off the plates of cars that did the running. Doesn't make fun of me anymore.

Oh, I love seeing other people with the same quirks as me :)

I check the garage door multiple times after backing out to make sure it is closed (usually I will pull out to the driveway and wait until it finishes closing before I leave - then still ask my kids if I closed it after we drive away, LOL).

I check my alarm clock two or more times to make sure it is set, time is correct and volume and radio station are correct, before I can climb into bed.

My other one is my clothes line. I like to line dry shirts (only shirts, since they shrink the most, LOL). I hate wooden clothes pins so I buy the plastic ones. They come multi-colored. So when hanging up a shirt, I have to use two of the same color clothespin. I am completely unable to hang up a shirt on the line if it doesn't have the same colored clothespins :laundy:

My big fear is leaving the garage door up when I leave the house. I check it multiple times going down the driveway & again when I turn onto the street. I actually say out loud "the door is down" to convince myself it is. I can't tell you how many times I've driven a mile or two up the road only to turn around & go home to check the garage door. It has ALWAYS been down when I got back.

TOTALLY ME! I do this exact same thing and I drive myself nuts over it. I also do the same thing with my hair straighter (and stove/oven.) I check 10 times to make sure I've unplugged it/shut it off and even tell myself OUT LOUD that I did it. Sometimes I've gone back in the house after I'm in the car in the garage to check ONE more time. Those are my only OCD traits, lol.

I can't stand chairs not being pushed under the table. I routinely walk around the office pushing all of the break area chairs under the table. I also make a point to go in and take care of the chairs immediately after anyone leaves my boss's office. The thought of his conference table chairs in disarray gives me heart palpitations. At my previous job, everyone used to pull all of the chairs out just to screw with me.

I always leave my chair pushed under my desk when I leave. It never fails that someone borrows my chair and doesn't leave it the way they found it - DRIVES ME CRAZY!

I have a lot! My DH is always saying another of your rules!

But if I have to pick one its loading the dishwasher. I've been doing it the same way for 25 years, why can't the people in my house catch on? Top rack; cups and glasses on the right, cereal bowls and plastic dishes on the left. Bottom rack; soup and salad bowls on the right, dinner plates on the left. I get all kinds of crazy when they load ie..dinner plate, salad bowl on the same side. I like to keep them all symmetrical. I'm forever taking everything out and re-loading it correctly!

Yes. It drives me crazy when I open it up and things were loaded every which way. Dishes to the right, all lined evenly. Pans at the back. Cookie sheet to the left. Cups shouldn't be on the bottom, they should be on the rack at the top. You can put a lot more in the dishwasher with a little organization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter