NASCAR PICKS!! Daytona 2!

Brer_Papa

DIS Veteran
The 26th race this season is the "Coke Zero Sugar 400" at Daytona International Speedway on SATURDAY August 26th.

Please make your picks before the start of the race.

Daytona International Speedway is a D-oval track with a lap distance of 2.5 miles. 166 laps are scheduled for a race distance of 400 miles.

#3 is the defending champion.

There is a laundry list of active drivers with the most wins. They all have one victory. They are listed by their present number.

#3. #12, #24, #31, #47, #43, #6, #10, #4 and #8.

This is the last race before the playoffs begin with the Round of 16 at Darlington on September 3rd.

Most of those 16 spots are pretty much set in stone. The remaining spot or 2 are a whisker away from being official. Maybe that will help with your strategy on making picks. Maybe not, nut something to consider.

My picks

D Hamlin <~~~ He's in but won't coast or take a breather....

M Truex JR!!! <~~~~ see above...

K Harvick <~~~ in...but towards the bottom... racing for cushion in the Round of 12...

K Busch <~~~~ tuning up for Darlington...

K Larson <~~~~ Had a hard time with this pick... Lady Luck has not been his co-pilot...

My spare will be the #9

Picks received

Princess Ariel

Spare is #6

OK! Good Luck EVERYBODY!! Enjoy the race!

:santa:

Taking a look-see....

We haven't had a SATURDAY race in quite a while...it's keeping me on my toes....

Daytona fun time is tomorrow....

I have a thought about a small tweak in scoring. And wondering if anyone is interested at all, or maybe first if @Brer_Papa thinks it is too much for him or maybe utterly ridiculous.😁

I have waited all season to put it out there. I wanted to wait for a win to make sure I was not coming across as a sore loser. So every week I was like Drat! Drat! & Drat!

What does everyone think of possibly subtracting some points (maybe 5?) if one puts the winning car in the top spot on their picks.

I didn't understand the scoring at first because I would see someone pick the winning car with their #1 and come as low as fifth place in our standings. So some sort of subtraction for getting the #1, but not so much that that will mean you 💯 win the week.

I know many of you have been together doing this for years so I don't want to step on any toes. But I thought it would be great competitive fun to save that possible #1 as a bonus point changer. And a little more excitement that one has picked the winner.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Shoes99
Briscoe
Almirola
Buscher
Hamlin
Busch
Spare Keselowski

MRETRACC
Busch
Blaney
Bell
Byron
Elliott
Spare Keselowski

I forgot that the race was today. I would post our usual picks from prior ones.

I have a thought about a small tweak in scoring. And wondering if anyone is interested at all, or maybe first if @Brer_Papa thinks it is too much for him or maybe utterly ridiculous.😁

I have waited all season to put it out there. I wanted to wait for a win to make sure I was not coming across as a sore loser. So every week I was like Drat! Drat! & Drat!

What does everyone think of possibly subtracting some points (maybe 5?) if one puts the winning car in the top spot on their picks.

I didn't understand the scoring at first because I would see someone pick the winning car with their #1 and come as low as fifth place in our standings. So some sort of subtraction for getting the #1, but not so much that that will mean you 💯 win the week.

I know many of you have been together doing this for years so I don't want to step on any toes. But I thought it would be great competitive fun to save that possible #1 as a bonus point changer. And a little more excitement that one has picked the winner.
Thoughts?
I will do whatever the group wants. I suggest though, any changes be made in the 2024 season.

Daytona results:

1. NC Beast (46) 9.2 *Used defaults - 1st one

2. tie - JimMalru80 (60) 12.0
PogoPossum (60) *Used defaults - 2nd one

4. Shoes99 (67) 13.4

5. NC Belle (69) 13.8 *Used defaults - 1st one

6. MRETRACC (71) 14.2

7. LisaViolet (71_ 14.2

8. MexaCajun (85) 17.0

9. SOMcGregor (88) 17.6

10. Brer Papa (93) 18.6

11. Princess Ariel (95)

12. LAB81018 (106) 21.2

What a race! Did it resemble a Talladega race or a demolition derby? Dang!

Up next is the start of the playoffs and the Round of 16. Darlington race track on SUNDAY!

See ya there!

I will do whatever the group wants. I suggest though, any changes be made in the 2024 season.

Thanks for all the work you do for us Brer_Papa. I appreciate it & you, and look forward to it every week.
Even though I am usually grabbing my phone at the last minute.😁

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter