National Lampoon's February Quest For Fun!!~ LIVE UPDATE 2/9 post 852

Then there was this..... I'm still not sure of the purpose of this contraption!!
4103385081_d899ca5f2e_b.jpg

Really?

Wow.

The polar express sounds like alot of fun!
i tried to get us tickets for one near my mom's, where we'll be for christmas, but it's allready sold out.

Hey Cherie!!!! I made it over...better a little late than never! ;)

OH MY GOSH!!! I love, love, love all the vacation movies and I was laughing so hard reading your introduction. I love Clark!!! :lmao:

While reading Heather's PTR (hrlababy), I found out that it is possible to take a ride on the Polar Express around Christmas time. I thought DS would be so excited to try this so I googled it. I found a train depot 5 hours from home who does this and booked it!!

Right now we are at a hotel in Palestine, Tx waiting for our time to ride! DS has his Christmas PJ's ready and everything. We depart at 8:15 tonight and head to the "north pole". I can't wait.

I will be taking lots of pictures! :thumbsup2 Until then, here are a few from our drive up here...

4103381237_b5a222983f_b.jpg

4103382563_beb6fe31ba_b.jpg

4104143818_c431e10403_b.jpg

Then there was this..... I'm still not sure of the purpose of this contraption!!
4103385081_d899ca5f2e_b.jpg

I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!! I hope you guys are having fun!!! :thumbsup2

Cherie, I loved your introduction! National Lampoon's Vacation is one of my all time favorites! I think I relate, too! I love your pics by the New Mexico sign! They look like ours, only from the 60s and 70s. :thumbsup2 I've been to Carlsbad Caverns when I was 5, but I remember it.

Trips with my dad were the same. Travel across the country, be quiet and don't argue or else - don't complain about the smashed baloney sandwiches, staying "who knows where" in "where are we now?" and stopping to see the World's largest ball of twine for sure! I know everything you always wanted to know about buffalo and cactus, Native Americans and cloud formations. :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear about Polar Express! That is so cool! I just sent the link to my son in Texas. DGS, 4 1/2 loved that movie last year!

Really?

Wow.

:rotfl2: REALLY!!

The polar express sounds like alot of fun!
i tried to get us tickets for one near my mom's, where we'll be for christmas, but it's allready sold out.

Oh yes, I saw it on Heather's PTR then googled it and all the dates are already almost taken. And that's with 3 departures a day! :scared1:

Hey Cherie!!!! I made it over...better a little late than never! ;)

OH MY GOSH!!! I love, love, love all the vacation movies and I was laughing so hard reading your introduction. I love Clark!!! :lmao:

I can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!!! I hope you guys are having fun!!!

Hee hee.....I love Clark too!! :lmao: So glad you came over! We had a really good time. Ours was a little more casual. I have read that it depends on which depot you go to because some have it set up more elaborate than others. :santa: Anyway, I did manage to get DH to wear PJ's. :thumbsup2 I'll try to get some pics/video up tonight.

I was sooo fascinated with theBus Car I forgot to say ENJOY the North POLE!!!!!!!

Thanks Rosie. We sure did!! :santa:

I miss the Doodlebops and Playhouse Disney! Jim and I watched Phinneas and Ferb today just for old times sake! I love that show!

:rotfl: I know, I loved them back when DS did. Now I'm kind of glad he grew out of them.

Phinneas and Ferb are AWESOME!!!! We love them. DS wants the soundtrack CD for Christmas. :lmao:

Cherie, I loved your introduction! National Lampoon's Vacation is one of my all time favorites! I think I relate, too! I love your pics by the New Mexico sign! They look like ours, only from the 60s and 70s. :thumbsup2 I've been to Carlsbad Caverns when I was 5, but I remember it.

Trips with my dad were the same. Travel across the country, be quiet and don't argue or else - don't complain about the smashed baloney sandwiches, staying "who knows where" in "where are we now?" and stopping to see the World's largest ball of twine for sure! I know everything you always wanted to know about buffalo and cactus, Native Americans and cloud formations. :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear about Polar Express! That is so cool! I just sent the link to my son in Texas. DGS, 4 1/2 loved that movie last year!

:rotfl2: Oh yes, that pic was taken in the mid- 80's. You are so right about the trips. That describes ours to a "T". :lmao:

Hopefully I can get my pics and video up tonight! I hope your son gets to bring your DGS. It was fun!! DS was SUPER EXCITED the entire time. :thumbsup2

Wasn't there a Rooney Doodle?

There was! I didn't know - I had to google it. :confused3

Ya'll crack me up!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes, there was Dee-Dee, Rooney, and Moe. :thumbsup2

Jordan is the EXPERT on "dodles "and "chonies"::lmao::lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

BLUE! I'm here! Sorry it took me so long. I'll be back to comment on stuff later, hopefully!

Off to rehearsal... just stopping in to let you know I found ya!

Susie

BLUE! I'm here! Sorry it took me so long. I'll be back to comment on stuff later, hopefully!

Off to rehearsal... just stopping in to let you know I found ya!

Susie

Yay! Glad you found me. I just signed up for your new PTR too. :thumbsup2

I finally made it over...and boy am I glad I did!:banana:
Cherie, great report so far! I'm thrilled to be apart of your adventure and CAN NOT WAIT to see how all y'alls trip this Feb. turns out!

All y'all= meaning all of you-Incase those of you out there aren't familiar with the southern way of saying everyone. ;)
Cherie get's it! :)

Cherie, great report so far! I'm thrilled to be apart of your adventure and CAN NOT WAIT to see how all y'alls trip this Feb. turns out!

All y'all= meaning all of you-Incase those of you out there aren't familiar with the southern way of saying everyone. ;)

I'm from Southern England Y'all:lmao:

How about vising this Southern Gal's PTR!!!!!:yay:

Hey there and :welcome:

Glad you're here! I can't wait for February to be here so that we can head out on our Disney Adventure!

I'm from Southern England Y'all:lmao:

How about vising this Southern Gal's PTR!!!!!:yay:

:lmao::lmao:

So our 5 hour drive was interesting as you could see from my pictures. Once there, I finally convinced DH to wear PJ's too. It wasn't until he actually saw adults in our hotel with them on while talking about riding the Polar Express. So about 1 hour before our departure, we found ourselves running around Walmart so that DH and I could find PJ's!! I was sort of feeling like he was being a party pooper and let him know that in uncertain terms. ;) I'm so glad he changed his mind and that we actually found something in such a short amount of time. I even found MICKEY CHRISTMAS PJ'S!!! MAJOR SCORE!!

We made our way to the train depot and got our picture taken in front of an awesome background of the polar express! This picture is going to be our Christmas card this year....

4107248221_e4b3155541.jpg

We headed over to the ticket booth so that I could pick up our tickets. We then walked and looked around the depot while we waited. I took these pictures.....

4107130697_4dea1aba20.jpg

4107920366_a8c51d0144.jpg

4107898424_aabf72800b.jpg

4107897170_c6d01c3e44.jpg

4107127905_63d3a7c5f4.jpg

4107129201_5662808b63.jpg

4108075236_340bedde2e.jpg

To the Climate Controlled cars!! That's what we got. They also had a 1st class car but it was already sold out.
4107899592_4a8796a379.jpg

Boarding area for Climate Controlled cars...
4107900878_f80f61e478.jpg

4107902304_3a1ffee451.jpg

It's here!!!
4107140021_b59db204e1.jpg

Tickets Please....
4107141033_0e11827b37.jpg

Getting settled...
4107142345_2c5b0bb47d.jpg

4107197507_b3c58184b4.jpg

4107197497_eae4cab146.jpg

4107197521_5aa09f72c2.jpg

Mmmmm, HOT CHOCOLATE!!!!
4107143681_0d3d76df49.jpg

Getting ticket punched....
4107910022_3946304df0.jpg

CHRISTMAS RICE CRISPY TREATS!!!! They served cookies but couldn't guarantee me that there were no nuts in them. Luckily, I was prepared before hand. I bought these the day before the trip and shoved a few in my camera bag.
4107911208_990c13d00b.jpg

On our way to the North Pole. They read the Polar Express story....
4107912776_1845975c9e.jpg

My pictures once there are not too good. They turned out all the lights inside the train so that you could see what was outside. I thought this one turned out neat....
4107149779_ce4f38028e.jpg

I took video as we approached the North Pole. (see below) Basically what happened at this point was Santa and his elf's boarded the train and rode back with us.
4107916336_a91f8efdcf.jpg

CONTINUED..........

He went from car to car to speak with the kids and give them a special gift.....but only after you answer one question......
"DO YOU BELIEVE???"
4107917766_4eec8d61b5.jpg

4107153583_6367208b07.jpg

DS got the first bell....
4107920366_a8c51d0144.jpg

Here is the video. It's sort of shaky and low light. I took it with my digital camera not with a video camera. I wish you could have seen the elf's dancing around out there. It was funny. Also, you can't see it but in the back there are other train cars and elf's loading gifts onto them.

All in all, was it worth a 5 hour drive for a 1 hour train ride to the north pole?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

I want to take this time to say...

:love:THANK YOU SO MUCH, HEATHER, FOR POSTING ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING ADVENTURE ON THE POLAR EXPRESS!!! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, WE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS. :love:

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFULLY MAGICAL ADVENTURE!!! :santa:

OMG - absolutely LOVE your pics....this is something I long to do with my DGD when she is old enough...hopefully, we will still live near one.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure - so happy you all had a wonderful trip!

All in all, was it worth a 5 hour drive for a 1 hour train ride to the north pole?? ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!

I want to take this time to say...

:love:THANK YOU SO MUCH, HEATHER, FOR POSTING ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING ADVENTURE ON THE POLAR EXPRESS!!! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, WE WOULD NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THIS. :love:

YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HAVE A WONDERFULLY MAGICAL ADVENTURE!!! :santa:

Awww, Cherie!! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful time!!!!! You all looked so good in your pj's!!!! The pictures are wonderful and I showed them to Chad so that he would wear his!! :rotfl2:

OMG - absolutely LOVE your pics....this is something I long to do with my DGD when she is old enough...hopefully, we will still live near one.

Thanks so much for sharing your adventure - so happy you all had a wonderful trip!

Thank you!! Awww, your DGD would absolutely love this! :lovestruc

Awww, Cherie!! I am so glad you guys had a wonderful time!!!!! You all looked so good in your pj's!!!! The pictures are wonderful and I showed them to Chad so that he would wear his!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: OMG, you are going to laugh when I tell you this..... When I was fussing at my DH because he wouldn't wear his I used YOUR DH as an example!! I said "you know, they are a family of 3 just like us and they have a little girl. That man dressed up in a wizard of oz theme just for his daughters birthday!!" :lmao: I'm telling you, that plus seeing some other adults at the hotel in PJ's worked!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter