• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Natural Products Expo Cancelled

My company decided to cancel everyone's trips to this show before the show was cancelled. I imagine we're typical.

It's a good time to see if your hotel room for this week can suddenly be rebooked for a fraction of the price.

Wow. This is scary. Not the virus but the fact such over reactions are happening. Sorry I know it can kill people but more people died from a tornado yesterday in the U.S than have yet to die from this virus.

I agree though that for anyone going during this time, to check their hotel prices as this will free up a LOT of hotel rooms!

Wow. This is scary. Not the virus but the fact such over reactions are happening. Sorry I know it can kill people but more people died from a tornado yesterday in the U.S than have yet to die from this virus.

I agree though that for anyone going during this time, to check their hotel prices as this will free up a LOT of hotel rooms!
I wonder if businesses don’t want to risk their employees getting sick and deal with lawsuits.

I wonder if businesses don’t want to risk their employees getting sick and deal with lawsuits.
Orange County CA has a confirmed case and declared a health emergency. If your employer sends you into that for a mandatory work event and you get very sick and/or die, it's not very hard for a lawyer to draw a line between their actions (sending you into a health emergency) and your illness/death.

I don't think it's an overreaction to protect your employees. Certainly many corporations had employees who'd planned to travel to the expo. The risk of those employees getting sick, coming back and infecting the rest of their employees, however small, was not worth it to the corporation.

Many, many companies in the US are suspending travel right now. My husband was supposed to be on a work trip on the other side of the country today. But, the CEO of his company decided last Friday to suspend all air travel. I appreciated the CEO's decision to not put my husband in harm's way even though the risk was small. Ironically, my husband's employer also has 2 facilities very near where the tornadoes in Tennessee hit yesterday. Those facilities each have tornado shelters on site to protect employees, even though a direct hit is unlikely. I look at travel restrictions the same way I look at those tornado shelters, and I'm grateful my husband works for a company that wants to minimize risk to their employees.

Orange County CA has a confirmed case and declared a health emergency. If your employer sends you into that for a mandatory work event and you get very sick and/or die, it's not very hard for a lawyer to draw a line between their actions (sending you into a health emergency) and your illness/death.

Is this a new confirmed case that’s been caught in the community? Or has this person one of the people who went to China etc.?

The case they were concerned about where they isolated the firefighters was confirmed to be negative yesterday. I don’t see anything about a new case in OC.

Last edited:
FWIW, I am going this weekend and see hotel options opening that have been booked since December. I think I am going to change hotels. If you have plans to go this weekend, you can probably rebook your room at a lower rate than before. Go check.

:wizard:

Is this a new confirmed case that’s been caught in the community? Or has this person one of the people who went to China etc.?
It is the one from China. And the reasoning for the state of emergency? Read below....

"Orange County has declared the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 a local health emergency. There is no current outbreak in the county–one O.C.-dweller did contract the illness, the Los Angeles Times reports, but that individual has already made a complete recovery–and local officials are serious about keeping it that way.

“We will do whatever we can do keep Orange County coronavirus-free,” O.C. Board of Supervisors Chair Michelle Steel told the Times.

The declaration of emergency activates certain resources and allows county officials to ask for additional aid from state and federal authorities. And it figures into local officials’ fight to keep a group of California residents who may have been exposed to COVID-19 aboard a cruise ship from being moved to a facility in Costa Mesa."

It is the one from China. And the reasoning for the state of emergency? Read below....

"Orange County has declared the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19 a local health emergency. There is no current outbreak in the county–one O.C.-dweller did contract the illness, the Los Angeles Times reports, but that individual has already made a complete recovery–and local officials are serious about keeping it that way.

“We will do whatever we can do keep Orange County coronavirus-free,” O.C. Board of Supervisors Chair Michelle Steel told the Times.

The declaration of emergency activates certain resources and allows county officials to ask for additional aid from state and federal authorities. And it figures into local officials’ fight to keep a group of California residents who may have been exposed to COVID-19 aboard a cruise ship from being moved to a facility in Costa Mesa."

Thank you. This is the information I had. No new cases. I understand why there’s a declaration of emergency. 👍

Thank you. This is the information I had. No new cases. I understand why there’s a declaration of emergency. 👍
I figured you would, but there are those like my mom who think if a state of emergency has been declared, everyone going there is going to catch it and die! She has already tried to forbid me from going mid-March using the state of emergency. Sorry, I'm 60 years old. I'm not worried about it. I stand a better chance of getting the flu, and I have had my shot....

I figured you would, but there are those like my mom who think if a state of emergency has been declared, everyone going there is going to catch it and die! She has already tried to forbid me from going mid-March using the state of emergency. Sorry, I'm 60 years old. I'm not worried about it. I stand a better chance of getting the flu, and I have had my shot....
Omg my parents are the same way!! 😂 my mom said to stay away or wear a mask. And my dad is telling me to take vitamin c

I am one of the OLD Fogie parents here....
Germ wise I am not letting CV-19 stop my trip next week.

I will be packing clean wipes for the plane and hotel room but I do every trip.
I have a few packs of hand wipes to carry in my back pack. Plus a tube of purell.

Hoping for lower crowds next week due to CV-19....
How about you?

Geemo

Last edited:
I am one of the OLD Fogie parents here....
Germ wise I am not letting CV-19 stop my trip next week.

I will be packing clean wipes for the plane and hotel room but I do every trip.
I have a few packs of hand wipes to carry in my back pack. Plus a tube of peril.

Hoping for lower crowds next week due to CV-19....
How about you?

Geemo
Not a parent but not letting this stop our trip next week either. I called my mom the other day after a bad weekend this past weekend and she said the only thing that would top my weekend was my trip being canceled. I said no, we were still going. We have wet wipes (got the final packages that were left in the city) and some hand sanitizer I already bought because these are things we take every trip. I am just trying to get into the habit of washing my hands more frequently and longer and not touching my face which is proving the most difficult adjustment to make.

I am hoping for lower crowds between the CV-19 fears and the rain but I am doubtful either is going to make an impact.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter