• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Naveen Ain't Playin: My Glitteriest, Princessiest TR Ever! (FINISHED 4/13)

Hi Kaitlyn,

Wow, its so hard to believe the last time I read your report was in August and I was packing for our trip to WL villas! So glad to hear you are enjoying college in NYC (I went to grad school in NYC, but commuted since me and DH were living in the city). Enjoy having no roommate while you can! :flower:

The new updates are amazing (love your reports and the cute pictures!). Your latest updates have given me some more items for my bucket list for this August (we will be staying in BoardWalk Villas);

1- Take pictures with the monsters INC characters (didn't know you could do that)
2- See the first time in forever (we had a fastpass for it but my son had a meltdown in the studios - it was crazy hot that morning). Now I can see what a great show I missed from your pictures.
3- Hall of presidents (my DH hasn't been on that since the 70's)

cant wait to read more.....keep the glitter coming girl! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Your day in HS is sounding great! I love that you had such a good time with the Mike and Sully M&G! I love meeting them at HS!!
Buzz and woody look great as well, and yes that line always takes longer then it should. That cupcake looks heavenly.:thumbsup2
Too bad abou that fire alarm, I would be scared too - that has never happened to me at a Disney hotel, pr any other hotel for that matter!
The Frozen sing along is a lot of fun! Girl, don't feel awkward, I did the same thing! When I go on Splash MTn I always sing Zip-A-Dee-Doo-DA! :goodvibes

Hi Kaitlyn,

Wow, its so hard to believe the last time I read your report was in August and I was packing for our trip to WL villas! So glad to hear you are enjoying college in NYC (I went to grad school in NYC, but commuted since me and DH were living in the city). Enjoy having no roommate while you can! :flower:

The new updates are amazing (love your reports and the cute pictures!). Your latest updates have given me some more items for my bucket list for this August (we will be staying in BoardWalk Villas);

1- Take pictures with the monsters INC characters (didn't know you could do that)
2- See the first time in forever (we had a fastpass for it but my son had a meltdown in the studios - it was crazy hot that morning). Now I can see what a great show I missed from your pictures.
3- Hall of presidents (my DH hasn't been on that since the 70's)

cant wait to read more.....keep the glitter coming girl! :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Hi there!

Some things have changed since you popped in... I enjoyed having no roommate for about a month! Then I enjoyed saving a totally cool and funny roommate from a pretty awful living situation she was in. We've had a lot of fun together! We saw Something Rotten together on Halloween and we like to go on adventures to Trader Joes, TGI Fridays, and Sephora :)

Definitely meet the Monsters Inc. Characters and see the Frozen Sing-a-Long while Disney has no plans to mess with them. The Monsters Inc. M&G is in a tucked away spot that's kind of long and convoluted to get to. You have to go all the way past the Toy Story area/Pixar Place to see them. They're tucked away in a back corner. Not many people know they exist! The Frozen Sing-a-Long is just tons of good fun! And Hall of Presidents is obviously a classic ;)

I can't wait to read all about your trip!!! Be sure to bring us back some photos of the Boardwalk Villas! "keep the glitter coming girl!".... I LOVE it!!!

Your day in HS is sounding great! I love that you had such a good time with the Mike and Sully M&G! I love meeting them at HS!!
Buzz and woody look great as well, and yes that line always takes longer then it should. That cupcake looks heavenly.:thumbsup2
Too bad abou that fire alarm, I would be scared too - that has never happened to me at a Disney hotel, pr any other hotel for that matter!
The Frozen sing along is a lot of fun! Girl, don't feel awkward, I did the same thing! When I go on Splash MTn I always sing Zip-A-Dee-Doo-DA! :goodvibes

It was such a fun day!

Mike and Sully are always a great meet. And I wish Disney would do something with the wait time for that M&G, they're so popular and such a cool meet. The cupcake was delicious.

It was so bizarre! Apparently they always test them out in early August? But yeah it was super scary because I didn't know it was a test. I'll keep that in the back of my mind next time I'm in Disney during August.

Thanks for following along!!!

Sounds like a fun, Frozen filled afternoon!!

It was!!!

Indy Never Loses His Hat

After the Frozen Sing-a-Long, I had about an hour before my parents would arrive (or so I thought), so I decided to head on over to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.

In the past two years, Disney has used the story of the woman who plays Marion in their planning DVD (which is completely free to order to your house and my favorite part of my life). I knew I had to see the show for myself after hearing about what the show means to her.

I was a little late, but still snagged a seat.

IMG_2916_zpskvjn1zvt.jpg

As I sat down, I checked my phone and realized I had a missed call from my dad and a text from him asking where I was. :faint:

I told him that I was just sitting down to see the show and within 5 minutes he texted me back telling me that he, mom, and Grace were sitting the way back of the left side. Solid.

They asked for volunteers and you know I was all up on that but sadly, I wasn't picked. Which sucks, because unlike last year, I was 18 and therefore old enough to participate!

The show itself was one of the BEST shows I've EVER seen on Disney property! You all know I'm a sucker for a good piece of live theatre ;). There was a lot of truly gripping action and moments were you think the actors might really not make it out of the situations they're in. The audience participation was super fun. And I like the way it was presented- the stunt show is presented within the context of a backstage look at what a real movie set would look like.

IMG_2918_zpsm4xuuuqo.jpg

At the end, I went down to the front. I saw on the Kenny the Pirate app that sometimes Indiana Jones walks over and takes photos/signs autographs for people, and I wanted to congratulate him on a great job!

He was super nice. I told him he did a wonderful job and he signed my book as Indy and we took a photo together.

IMG_2920_zps7iahy2ok.jpg

On a side note... these pictures are making me SUPER bummed. I just cut off, like, a LOT of my hair. It's super short now. I LOVE my new cut to death but these photos make me miss my long curls.

Ah well. No matter. Au revoir Indy.

IMG_2922_zpsjtfxnepz.jpg

The family and I reconvened. I snapped some photos while my mom stood in line to get water for us. It was very hot in Disney World, and humid because it was post-thunderstorm.

IMG_2923_zps4ielamjh.jpg

IMG_2924_zpszm3tj4aw.jpg

We drank some water and made our way to the site of our next FP+.

IMG_2925_zpss29eotd1.jpg

Because, like, really... what good is a trip to DHS without a spin on Toy Story Midway Mania?!?!

Of course I snapped some photos of my fav guy in the queue.

IMG_2927_zpsrazcomyn.jpg

I can't spot any photos of the mermaid lagoon in the little screen caps, though, which makes me v. sad.

IMG_2928_zpsga9ljusj.jpg

Mom and I played against each other, and dad and Grace played against each other.

I neglected to take a photo of the final score, but I won against mom. Neither of our scores were terribly high, I promise!

We started walking back towards Echo Lake and ran into a pretty fun dance party!

IMG_2930_zpsog6bmzme.jpg

IMG_2931_zpswflmtvw6.jpg

Anyone else here love Donald's tourist outfit? It's perfect. And of course, Daisy just stuns on us all 24/7.

As we approached where we would be eating dinner that evening, a PhotoPass photographer walked in my direction and Oh.
My.
God.

Never in my life have I hopped in line to get a photo taken in my life.

IMG_2934_zpsoyo2hpur.jpg

IMG_2937_zpsl2hhtbmw.jpg

These are not the best photos to ever have been taken of me, but like... WHO CARES??? I'm wearing Cinderella's slipper!!! I screamed on the inside.

After that, we finally arrived at our dinner destination that evening.

(Click here to continue!)

Last edited:
Indy Never Loses His Hat

After the Frozen Sing-a-Long, I had about an hour before my parents would arrive (or so I thought), so I decided to head on over to the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.

In the past two years, Disney has used the story of the woman who plays Marion in their planning DVD (which is completely free to order to your house and my favorite part of my life). I knew I had to see the show for myself after hearing about what the show means to her.

I was a little late, but still snagged a seat.

IMG_2916_zpskvjn1zvt.jpg

As I sat down, I checked my phone and realized I had a missed call from my dad and a text from him asking where I was. :faint:

I told him that I was just sitting down to see the show and within 5 minutes he texted me back telling me that he, mom, and Grace were sitting the way back of the left side. Solid.

They asked for volunteers and you know I was all up on that but sadly, I wasn't picked. Which sucks, because unlike last year, I was 18 and therefore old enough to participate!

The show itself was one of the BEST shows I've EVER seen on Disney property! You all know I'm a sucker for a good piece of live theatre ;). There was a lot of truly gripping action and moments were you think the actors might really not make it out of the situations they're in. The audience participation was super fun. And I like the way it was presented- the stunt show is presented within the context of a backstage look at what a real movie set would look like.

IMG_2918_zpsm4xuuuqo.jpg

At the end, I went down to the front. I saw on the Kenny the Pirate app that sometimes Indiana Jones walks over and takes photos/signs autographs for people, and I wanted to congratulate him on a great job!

He was super nice. I told him he did a wonderful job and he signed my book as Indy and we took a photo together.

IMG_2920_zps7iahy2ok.jpg

On a side note... these pictures are making me SUPER bummed. I just cut off, like, a LOT of my hair. It's super short now. I LOVE my new cut to death but these photos make me miss my long curls.

Ah well. No matter. Au revoir Indy.

IMG_2922_zpsjtfxnepz.jpg

The family and I reconvened. I snapped some photos while my mom stood in line to get water for us. It was very hot in Disney World, and humid because it was post-thunderstorm.

IMG_2923_zps4ielamjh.jpg

IMG_2924_zpszm3tj4aw.jpg

We drank some water and made our way to the site of our next FP+.

IMG_2925_zpss29eotd1.jpg

Because, like, really... what good is a trip to DHS without a spin on Toy Story Midway Mania?!?!

Of course I snapped some photos of my fav guy in the queue.

IMG_2927_zpsrazcomyn.jpg

I can't spot any photos of the mermaid lagoon in the little screen caps, though, which makes me v. sad.

IMG_2928_zpsga9ljusj.jpg

Mom and I played against each other, and dad and Grace played against each other.

I neglected to take a photo of the final score, but I won against mom. Neither of our scores were terribly high, I promise!

We started walking back towards Echo Lake and ran into a pretty fun dance party!

IMG_2930_zpsog6bmzme.jpg

IMG_2931_zpswflmtvw6.jpg

Anyone else here love Donald's tourist outfit? It's perfect. And of course, Daisy just stuns on us all 24/7.

As we approached where we would be eating dinner that evening, a PhotoPass photographer walked in my direction and Oh.
My.
God.

Never in my life have I hopped in line to get a photo taken in my life.

IMG_2934_zpsoyo2hpur.jpg

IMG_2937_zpsl2hhtbmw.jpg

These are not the best photos to ever have been taken of me, but like... WHO CARES??? I'm wearing Cinderella's slipper!!! I screamed on the inside.

After that, we finally arrived at our dinner destination that evening.

Yay! DH got picked to be in the Indy Stunt show when we were there. His sister asked where we should sit for the best likelihood of him getting picked and they sent us down just left of center on an aisle. When they came out looking for volunteers, DH was on his feet like a shot, both hands in the air and yelled "OH YEAH!" (Like Kool-Aid Man) and she pointed at him first and said, "You, sir!" We were killing ourselves laughing and for the rest of the week, people would holler at him that they saw him in the show.

That is a fantastic picture of you wearing Cinderella's slipper! How fun is that?

"Put That Walkie-Talkie Away!!!"

I think there are two steady restaurants in Walt Disney World that we will always end up at during every trip. One is Crystal Palace. The other is the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

IMG_2938_zpsj25qwui7.jpg

I mean, do you blame us? The servers are fun. The food is fun. The theming is fun. Everything is FUN at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

IMG_2939_zpsahqfkiom.jpg

We walked inside and put our names in, then took a seat at the bar.

My dad bought me a PB&J Milkshake!!!

IMG_2941_zpsfcvxf65p.jpg

The PB&J Milkshake is, in my opinion, the holy grail of all Walt Disney World drinks. It's more "PB" than "J", but still delightful. It's just so cold and thick and I can imagine the wonderfully nostalgic scent as I think about it. Until we meet again, my sweet.

We waited 40 full minutes from the time we put our name in to the time we were seated.

That's 40. Forty. 40 full minutes.

Which is something I understand given the INSANE popularity of the restaurant, but still kinda ridiculous.

I was beginning to lose hope for a moment, until one of the CP's at the counter finally told us "kids" that it was "(our) turn to come get dinner!".

The woman who walked us to our table, I noticed, had a name tag that said that she was from the town almost next door to us.

"You're from there?" I asked.

"Shut up!" She said. That sounds bad typed out, but it was an impressed/amused "shut up", I promise!

"We're from (insert my town's name)!" I told her.

"Oh, shut up!!!" She said again.

We started up a conversation as we sat down and I mentioned to her that I was about to enter college and would love to do the DCP at some point.

The first thing she said was "What?!?! Shut up, ya'll look 15!" which is just something I live with in my every day life. The second thing she said was, "I know a lot of people on the DCP right now who love it. If you get in and end up working here, you'll probably end up working as one of "my kids" at the front desk back there-- we call them our kids!"

Which really got me thinking about the Disney College Program!!! Which seems like a great time to bring this up...

At first, I wasn't really going to mention this on this TR, but yes, I've applied for the Fall 2016 Disney College Program. :blush:. I got past the initial app and the WBI, and I have a phone interview next Friday. Of course, it's all very up in the air and you can't ever be too sure about getting accepted into the program, but I figured I'd just come right out and say it here since I've been posting about it on the College Board thread. I wasn't sure about doing it this early in my college years, but after everything I've accomplished this semester, I truly believe that I'm ready for it. So, there's that. Pixie dust donations appreciated!!!

Back to the TR!

IMG_2943_zpsuf1id0d2.jpg

We haven't had the most luck with "fun" servers in the past times we've been here. Or, I should say, we HADN'T had the most luck with "fun" servers until we were graced with Cousin Theresa that evening.

She comes over to the table to take our orders and at first, I was worried she wouldn't be very sarcastic or funny at all.

"The seasonal vegetable is corn. Is that okay with you?" She asked when I put my order in.

"Yeah, corn is my favorite!" I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, goodie. I'm so glad. I wouldn't know what we would do if it wasn't."

:rotfl2:

First we ordered onion rings as an appetizer.

IMG_2945_zpszecfjlq5.jpg

They were very crunchy on the outside and delicious!

As I was taking a photo, she came back.

"Put that walkie-talkie away!" She ordered.

"Sorry..." I said as I put it on my lap.

Our food came out quickly!

IMG_2946_zpsgjgmlon8.jpg

What you're looking at is the signature 50's fried chicken dish with mashed potatos and seasonal vegetable (ordered without gravy because I don't like gravy). The chicken was good, but you can only eat so much of it, you feel me? The mashed potatoes weren't my favorite. But the corn was awesome!

Then Cousin Theresa came back and noticed dad had left is carrots untouched. Of course, that had to change.

IMG_2947_zpsmcxusqw7.jpg

She took away our plates and we ordered dessert.

Shortly after we had ordered our dessert, she came back... and caught me off guard in the middle of sending a tweet.

"Sorry your dessert's taking longer than usual, folks... I thought I told you to put that walkie-talkie away!!!"

"I'm sorry!" I told her.

"Nope!" She said. "Get up."

I stood up.

"Now go stand against the corner and count to 1000."

There were no photos, but I did in fact stand against the wall and count to 1000. Well, I think I counted to 20-ish. Nevertheless... lesson learned :rotfl:

Then our dessert came out!

IMG_2948_zpsefv3ka3m.jpg

I was almost too stuffed to even look at this thing. I literally had two or three spoonfuls. I felt so bad. What I did eat was delicious, though!

It was a great meal. I had a great time with Cousin Theresa. Theresa, if you're on this board- THANK YOU! We all had an awesome evening.

We stepped outside and figured, well, maybe we could catch a showing of Fantasmic!

IMG_2949_zpsxggdjddc.jpg

Then an announcement came over the park loudspeaker that Fantasmic! was now standing room only,and we were like, nope! and made our way back to the buses.

IMG_2950_zpsgxd8nnhp.jpg

DHS really is a sight to see in the evening. Sigh. I miss it so much.

We got back to our room and I fell asleep waaaaay too quickly, with visions of our safari the next morning dancing in my head.

Last edited:

Yay! DH got picked to be in the Indy Stunt show when we were there. His sister asked where we should sit for the best likelihood of him getting picked and they sent us down just left of center on an aisle. When they came out looking for volunteers, DH was on his feet like a shot, both hands in the air and yelled "OH YEAH!" (Like Kool-Aid Man) and she pointed at him first and said, "You, sir!" We were killing ourselves laughing and for the rest of the week, people would holler at him that they saw him in the show.

That is a fantastic picture of you wearing Cinderella's slipper! How fun is that?

Eep! Sorry I didn't see the second update!!!

That's SO funny! I wish my dad would have gotten picked for the show!!! So cool that he got to do that!!!

It was so much fun. I love when awesome, random stuff like that just happens in front of you!!!

The Indy show sounded fun! I have never tried it before, but have always heard good things. I don;t think it will be here for much longer...especially with all of the near future updates HS is making.
I LOVE 50'sPTC! Great place. When I went last, we did not have a very "fun" server" but it's ok. Theresa sounds awesome!
At first, I wasn't really going to mention this on this TR, but yes, I've applied for the Fall 2016 Disney College Program. :blush:. I got past the initial app and the WBI, and I have a phone interview next Friday. Of course, it's all very up in the air and you can't ever be too sure about getting accepted into the program, but I figured I'd just come right out and say it here since I've been posting about it on the College Board thread. I wasn't sure about doing it this early in my college years, but after everything I've accomplished this semester, I truly believe that I'm ready for it. So, there's that. Pixie dust donations appreciated!!!
OH MY GOSH THAT'S FANTASTIC! :jumping1:Wishing you all the good luck and pixie dust you deserve!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

The Indy show sounded fun! I have never tried it before, but have always heard good things. I don;t think it will be here for much longer...especially with all of the near future updates HS is making.
I LOVE 50'sPTC! Great place. When I went last, we did not have a very "fun" server" but it's ok. Theresa sounds awesome!

OH MY GOSH THAT'S FANTASTIC! :jumping1:Wishing you all the good luck and pixie dust you deserve!:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Thank you so much!!!!

Hi! Love your TR, looks like you had so much fun! I'm a DCP alumni (fall 2013) and also applying to Fall 2016 as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it and join the facebook group if you haven't already. Best of luck :)

Our Breakfast Safari

I knew that the next morning would be rough, because my family loves to sleep in on vacation and we had a pre-park ADR at Tusker House. Thankfully, they all got up at the right time and we were quickly able to head down to the bus station.

No sooner did we step off the bus than did the Animal Kingdom humidity begin to ruin my hair.

IMG_2954_zpsyxmeqokq.jpg

Seeing this sign as soon as I got off the bus made me really excited. Magic Kingdom is my favorite park, but I always get excited when I step into Animal Kingdom and Epcot. They're just both so intense and adventurous.

IMG_2956_zpsgtbqfnal.jpg

I also love the elephant in the middle of the sign. Does he have a name?

We went through the entrance without incident and booked it towards Tusker House.

IMG_2957_zpsvbmdryxd.jpg

We were one of the first families to arrive, so we got a family photo very quickly and we were seated in a prime character location!

Our server brought us out POG juice. It was fantastic! It was very sweet and satisfying on this humid morning.

The breakfast offerings at Tusker House are unique in comparison to other breakfast buffets on property. Much like Boma's breakfast buffet, they offer African-inspired dishes that you can't find at your traditional Crystal Palace or Hollywood and Vine breakfast buffets! Some of the more unique dishes included mealie pap and beef bobotie quiche. They also had a carving station that I have yet to see at many other buffets- I had some ham, and it was delicious!

I also assume that I had my first Mickey waffles of the trip here, because I took a picture of them and them alone:

IMG_2965_zpsjdkkv66g.jpg

Everything on the buffet line was hot and fresh. There was even rice, and I love rice, so that found it's way onto my plate as well.

Tusker House also has a very cool ambiance to it.

IMG_2958_zpsefhanl7c.jpg

IMG_2959_zpswho7spfo.jpg

I LOVED the blankets on the ceiling. The restaurant is very detail-oriented, more so than most restaurants on property.

And of course, we had some lovely character interactions!

Donald came up to us first.

IMG_2966_zpsi0rpyu1q.jpg

He was very excited. I asked him if we were going to see a lot of animals on our safari and nodded enthusiastically. Other than that, he rushed from table to table quite quickly.

Mickey was very nice.

IMG_2963_zps7f3snfge.jpg

He wasn't very memorable, but he gave me a hug and a kiss and that's all you need from Mickey.

Goofy was very silly as usual.

IMG_2967_zpsefpunldb.jpg

He greeted me with a great big hug and we had a brief discussion about what types of animals we were going to see on the safari. He's afraid of lions.

The REAL star of this character meal was Daisy!

IMG_2973_zpshns5ys92.jpg

I told her that her outfit looked fabulous and she was THRILLED! She twirled around and modeled it for me. She was just so lovely and happy!!!

When breakfast was over, we went on a small safari as we killed time before our FP+.

IMG_2979_zpsenxbjbx6.jpg

IMG_2980_zpsev9sujp0.jpg

I didn't take a lot of photos. We basically walked through the Hippo Pool trail, stopped at the Gorilla Sanctuary to see if the baby gorillas were out (they weren't), and came back out so we could head on over to our first FP+ of the day.

Last edited:
Hi! Love your TR, looks like you had so much fun! I'm a DCP alumni (fall 2013) and also applying to Fall 2016 as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about it and join the facebook group if you haven't already. Best of luck :)

Hi! Welcome aboard! It was a really fun trip!!!

You're so kind. Do you think you could PM me a link to that FB group? I love the College Board forum here on the DIS but would love to join the FB group. Best of luck to you too!!!

Hey Kaitlyn,

Love the amazing updates. For the record, I think this is a FANTASTIC picture::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:

IMG_2934_zpsoyo2hpur.jpg

I didn't even know they walk around with Cindy's slipper, your trip report has taught me so much!

Very excited that you applied for he college program, sounds like an amazing experience and i'm sure it looks great on a resume!

Just love Tusker House breakfast. They had a great frittata last time we went, and of course their fantastic juice.

Can't wait to read more glittery updates :cutie:
~ Marina

Oh my gosh! I have so much to catch up on! How did I miss all these updates?! I will be back to comment when I am up to date! :thumbsup2

Hi there!!! To be fair, I updated an unreasonable amount in a very short time period :blush: glad to see you're enjoying my TR though!!! Thank you!!!

Hey Kaitlyn,

Love the amazing updates. For the record, I think this is a FANTASTIC picture::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1::flower1:

IMG_2934_zpsoyo2hpur.jpg

I didn't even know they walk around with Cindy's slipper, your trip report has taught me so much!

Very excited that you applied for he college program, sounds like an amazing experience and i'm sure it looks great on a resume!

Just love Tusker House breakfast. They had a great frittata last time we went, and of course their fantastic juice.

Can't wait to read more glittery updates :cutie:
~ Marina

Hi!! Thank you so much :hug:

I don't think it happens too often that a CM comes around with her slipper... I think it's just a once in a blue moon magic thing for a DHS photopass employee who feels like making extra magic!!!

Thank you... I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Tusker House is AMAZING. One of the best meals we had this trip.

Can't wait to write more!!! :cheer2:

Great pic with Indy!

Cute pics of Donald and Daisy!

WOAH Cinderella's slipper, that's awesome!

Congrats on applying for the DCP. Sending pixie dust your way!

Awesome pics at Tusker House :)

Glad you enjoyed Tusker House! The next time I go to AK I want to try it. Everyone always has good reviews for it here on the DIS.
Donald came up to us first.

IMG_2966_zpsi0rpyu1q.jpg
Your character pictures are adorable! Love the shirt too!! Where is it from?! I am always looking for new stores to buy Disney shirts in:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter