Na'vi River Journey

This ride got the 10 year old to watch the movie. The only downside she said the rides were way better than the movie.

I wouldn't wait 10 minutes for it. I've done it once, no need to waste the time doing it again.

I’ve done it once. More than enough. I found it pretty but very boring. For me it’s in the same class as the little mermaid ride at MK. I was very disappointed. I guess I expect more.

I’ve done it once. More than enough. I found it pretty but very boring. For me it’s in the same class as the little mermaid ride at MK. I was very disappointed. I guess I expect more.
It's fun how people can have such different opinions and part of why WDW is so great for ages 0-105 (I think that covers everyone). I love NRJ and Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and find something new each time I experience each attraction.

I would never wait an hour for the ride, 30 minutes pushes my limit.
It is visually stunning, peaceful, and the single animatronic is amazing.
Just wish there was some storyline in the ride.

I've never been. I never saw the movie and I have no desire to. I haven't found much reason to go to AK. Planning a trip now. We're giving AK half a day. I was planning on checking the area out since it's supposed to be so visually stunning. I'm glad for all these reviews. Now I know if I can get on it with a low wait we'll do that but if we can't, I won't cry over missing it. I'll just go ride BTMRR again.

We loved it, it was so beautiful. At the time my eldest DD was 19 months old and she was fascinated by it. We rode it twice. She is now 3 and when we go back in a few months I know she will love it again.

I've never been. I never saw the movie and I have no desire to. I haven't found much reason to go to AK. Planning a trip now. We're giving AK half a day. I was planning on checking the area out since it's supposed to be so visually stunning. I'm glad for all these reviews. Now I know if I can get on it with a low wait we'll do that but if we can't, I won't cry over missing it. I'll just go ride BTMRR again.
You do not have to see the movie to go on a ride. Seriously I don't get why people diss Avatar before they have even experienced it. I know you aren't but it just makes me roll my eyes. Go and see it, it is an amazing area. The performances they have in the area are great, the food at the restaurant is amazing and the best QS on property by far. FOP is the best ride Disney has ever created - you in no way have to have seen the movie to enjoy it.

I think perhaps one thing that would help would be to post the Na'vi lyrics in the standby line with the English translation... in short, the story of the ride is like "Small World" only about plants, animals, Na'vi, and humans.

The Na'vi ride is beautiful but needs some storytelling narration during the ride and perhaps add something in the queue. We waited 85 minutes for this last month and I don't think I would wait for than 30 minutes to ride it again.

I never saw the movie either. It really doesn't matter if you have or not. The area is amazing, I don't have to know the story behind it.

I would say that it is indeed visually stunning, but I would also say not worth more than a 30 minute wait.

This ride got the 10 year old to watch the movie. The only downside she said the rides were way better than the movie.
Considering how bad the movie really is, that makes a lot of sense, I would say in the long term Disney is going to have to retheme this land, as Avatar doesn't have staying power.

Considering how bad the movie really is, that makes a lot of sense, I would say in the long term Disney is going to have to retheme this land, as Avatar doesn't have staying power.

Neither did Song of the South. The area, and especially Flight of Passage transcends the quality of the movie for a LOT of people, which is partially why the wait times are so long usually.

I don't see it being re-themed for a VERY long time.

Regarding the topic, it fills the need of a slow-moving dark ride which is basically non-existent in Animal Kingdom. It should have been made longer though, it's very short.

Avatar grossed $2,787,965,087, and is widely considered the highest grossing film of all time... couple that with the fact that the sequels are arriving soon, and you'll be waiting an awfully long time for them to re-theme the land. Love the movie and the land!

My family really enjoyed it. A couple of them can't ride FoP, EE, Primevil Whirl, or Dinosaur and this is another attraction we can all do together.

It's fun how people can have such different opinions and part of why WDW is so great for ages 0-105 (I think that covers everyone). I love NRJ and Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and find something new each time I experience each attraction.
I haven't been on NRJ yet, but I agree. Rides like Under the Sea (and many, many others) are the fillers that flesh out a day in the park to me. I know some people like to ride a handful of their favorites as many times as possible...but for some reason I always strive to ride every ride I can, only avoiding those with absurdly long waits (and no hope of a FP) and those that I know will make me sick (no spinning for me!)

Heck, if I miss one of the movies in the World Showcase I leave Epcot feeling empty inside. (Not as empty inside as I'd be if I rode Mission Space though, LOL!)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to NRJ. I liked the movie and I like boring little boat rides, so I'll probably love it.

We waited way too long for it during our trip last month (President's Day week- very crowded). It is a nice, relaxing ride but very short and I agree with whomever said it needs a small drop or at least some narration. I won't wait more than 30 minutes for it again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter