Na'vi River Journey

Yes, because Cameron was waiting for the tech to pull off the sequels in the way he wants them done. The main actors have already wrapped, the sequels are indeed coming, the first is slated for Dec of next year. Post production work on them is said to be massive. Can't wait!

I had a friend who worked on Avatar, the film - specifically he told me a few scenes where I could see his work and it was during the Banshee flying scene where he worked on the flora in the background. Yeah, he spent many, many MANHOURS on that alone for just that scene. It's a HUGE project.

It's a nice ride. Most of the hate I have seen isn't that the ride is bad, but that people are disappointed that they waited so long for it. Had they waited a more reasonable time, I think they wouldn't lash out as much.

Frankly, I feel that was Disney's fault. There is a lot they could have done with the queue to make the wait feel shorter. There is much they could have done with the ride capacity so that it could handle more people. There is a lot they could have done with the ride to make it feel more worth the wait.

I agree that Disney dropped the ball with the line. When we did FOP at the end of the night, I really enjoyed all the details of the queue and felt like the wait added to the experience. I don't know why they made no effort at all to provide any sort of enhancement to the NRJ waiting area. And since NRJ has no height requirement, it's the ride that is most likely to have younger children in it, and they would benefit even more from some sort of distraction.

I would like to speak out in defense of this attraction despite the much naysaying regarding its brevity. I recently waited in line for an hour for this ride. This is the longest I've ever waited for anything at WDW, as I'm an old pro at rope drops and Fastpass strategies. I just want to point out that it is visually stunning and the Na'vi shaman featured is the single most amazing work of animatronics I've ever seen. The ride is a work of art and not to be missed!
I agree! Totally stunning and even more so to my girlfriend who is an artist and an art teacher! We loved it and can't wait to ride it again this Summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter