Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

By having your family linked, one person will be able to make FP+ selections for the family, etc. if desired. Individuals with their own accounts would also be able to make individual selections (up to their limits). There is some interesting linking that the T&C mentions, like someone linked into your group can also make selections for your group as a whole - it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Things like making ADRs could be easier by having the linked accounts - push a button - ADR for 4, done, with everyone's name attached.

But why would you WANT Disney to do that?

I get that it might be good to have one person be ableto get FP for your group, but do we really want them to have every detail of our movement at their fingertips?

Gee, with all this confusion, I REALLY hope they aren't charging guests as no shows if they double book due to their unreliable system!

I would NEVER put a deposit down through this system. Not yet anyway. We definitely plan on eating at a few signatures in June, but I don't have to worry about availability on that yet - there will be plenty of times available in May. Otherwise, if I was trying to book popular restaurant - it would be an annoyance.

When I went online to see my reservations - I had three breakfasts for Grand Floridian Cafe booked! :lmao: Nothing was on my app. The system didn't like that they were all at the same time. :)

So, this website is so insane.... I still CAN'T view this.... on a chat last week (online w/ CM) they said that they were still "rolling it out" to all users. Sigh. :headache:

I must be in the list with the "have nots" :confused3 since I still do not have the option for online payment. Followed all the steps and get to the reservations and the view details and then..a whole lot of nothing. Is there a qualifier that is needed? Example - a package vs room only?

bcrook said:
I added a reservation for 6 at the GF Cafe. It is definitely for six. But it won't let me assign guests to the reservation. There is a button for it. It pulls up the screen and lists my friends and family. But, when I select people it hangs up. My Cousin is linked to my account and can see the reservation, but can do anything with it.

Maybe I should cancel it and try again.

In addition my cousin and I still can't really see each other's plans.

I'm having exactly the same issue - but I'm not going to cancel/redo for the sake of the app is I have O'Hana/CRT rtc...

H we are having trouble I have set up my end but when my kids go to try to accept the notification there is nothing on the page, how do you accept the invote?

Is there anyway to reload the whole My Disney Experience website? It will not load for me at all - I usually give up after 10 min. I can get to the Annual passholder website and look and book rooms off the special deals that they have there. But on the main web page I can't even get the calendar menu to show up on where you can look for vacation packages. Forget about trying to set up dining reservations. I have called but the tech support person really couldn't help me - she just said that it might be my cookies - but the cookies are deleted each time I log off my computer.

Is there anyway to reload the whole My Disney Experience website? It will not load for me at all - I usually give up after 10 min. I can get to the Annual passholder website and look and book rooms off the special deals that they have there. But on the main web page I can't even get the calendar menu to show up on where you can look for vacation packages. Forget about trying to set up dining reservations. I have called but the tech support person really couldn't help me - she just said that it might be my cookies - but the cookies are deleted each time I log off my computer.

What browser are you using?

Two weeks later and I still haven't gotten any further with the app. It doesn't work at all on my Kindle or online. I have it on my iPhone 4 and a newer iPod touch. I can see my resort reservation, and dining, but having trouble linking my DH- I have been successful with approx 6 out of 18 dining reservations. It hangs up when I try to link him to more. Then just today I went on and some ADRs are completely MISSING!!! I have a paper printout of them and my conf numbers. I will be extremely po'd if they are truly gone! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Ok so I installed the Disney Parks Mobile Magic app to my phone. It is a motorolla that works off of Droid. When I tried to install the app from the My Disney Experience website it said it wasn't compatible with my phone. Guess it's time for an upgrade.. lol.. All I care about is wait times and fast pass return times. Will the mobile magic do the same thing? As I understand it because I am not at Disney World right now the wait times will not show. But once I get there as long as my GPS is enabled it will? I sure hope so. Because right now there is not a single tab on the menu that relates to wait times.

H we are having trouble I have set up my end but when my kids go to try to accept the notification there is nothing on the page, how do you accept the invote?

If I recall correctly, the invite I sent to my wife was received in her e-mail mailbox (the one used to set up her MDE account).

Two weeks later and I still haven't gotten any further with the app. It doesn't work at all on my Kindle or online. I have it on my iPhone 4 and a newer iPod touch. I can see my resort reservation, and dining, but having trouble linking my DH- I have been successful with approx 6 out of 18 dining reservations. It hangs up when I try to link him to more. Then just today I went on and some ADRs are completely MISSING!!! I have a paper printout of them and my conf numbers. I will be extremely po'd if they are truly gone! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

How frustrating. When you say it doesn't work "online" are you talking about trying to use the website from a computer? That's where I've had the most luck. I think it's clear that the mobile apps (all versions) are not yet ready for prime time.

Some people apparently still have major problems using the web site from a computer. Those outside the U.S. certainly appear to be in this category. From within the U.S. we haven't found a pattern to those who are having problems. If this is you, what browser are you using?

Ok so I installed the Disney Parks Mobile Magic app to my phone. It is a motorolla that works off of Droid. When I tried to install the app from the My Disney Experience website it said it wasn't compatible with my phone. Guess it's time for an upgrade.. lol.. All I care about is wait times and fast pass return times. Will the mobile magic do the same thing? As I understand it because I am not at Disney World right now the wait times will not show. But once I get there as long as my GPS is enabled it will? I sure hope so. Because right now there is not a single tab on the menu that relates to wait times.

If you don't have a phone that can handle the MDE app, then the Mobile magic app may be your best bet. When I just now tap on one of the parks in Mobile Magic, I was given a message that the detailed features for that park would only be active when I'm in the park. So (as far I know) it will give you wait times while you're in the park.

That said, the MDE app is reportedly intended to replace the Mobile Magic app. So it may turn out that when they finally get the MDE app running the way they want it, Disney may decide to kill service to the Mobile Magic app. That's not really known at this point.

Now, have said all of that... there are certainly other apps out there that can give you approx. wait times. I've been satisifed with the Touringplans "Lines" app (but I believe it takes a Touringplans.com subscription to use). There are others that I've used briefly, but can't really comment on their usefulness.

This thread has information about several apps that might work for you... ***Official Disney Apps Thread***

How frustrating. When you say it doesn't work "online" are you talking about trying to use the website from a computer? That's where I've had the most luck. I think it's clear that the mobile apps (all versions) are not yet ready for prime time.

Some people apparently still have major problems using the web site from a computer. Those outside the U.S. certainly appear to be in this category. From within the U.S. we haven't found a pattern to those who are having problems. If this is you, what browser are you using?

Just Saw this BigAWL- I can only get it to work on Mozilla- not Chrome or IE (which I never use anyway). I can access it from Mozilla though. I feel like in the US at least- the pattern is it works on Mozilla Firefox.

Loaded the app up on my iPad earlier this week. The amount of things available on the Apple versus the Android version are remarkable.

Hopefully they update the Android version ASAP.

Quick question. I did online check in two weeks ago for our trip at the end of the month, using the MDE website. Everything seemed to go swell. However, now when I go to the MDE website there is a prompt for me to do online check in. It doesn't seem to register anywhere that I actually DID check in. Next to our Arrival date it says "Check IN Available". Shouldn't it say something to the effect of "You have checked in online"?

The whole point of even doing the online check in was to expedite our morning. We are arriving early early in the am and plan to drop our luggage and go straight to the park. I wanted to avoid a lengthy check in process.

Hopefully- I didn't screw my family up..... I went into the web site and was able to add my AP but now I don't see a way to add them for my family?? We are going to WDW at the end of March and I am guessing they won't have FP+ ready by then and I am fine with whichever version we need to use. I just don't want some of my family to be on this version and some on the other.

Does anyone know how to add family AP's? I am hoping I am just missing something. TIA!

Too often My Disney Experience is...
sib.png

What I like: maps, wait times, reservation info in one place.

What is not great: Cant update reservation guests without everyone being in the system. Should be able to add guest names for whoever is in the system. My parents who are older are never going to create account profiles.

Also, I can't seem to update my room reservation guests through the app.

Too often My Disney Experience is...
sib.png

What I like: maps, wait times, reservation info in one place.

What is not great: Cant update reservation guests without everyone being in the system. Should be able to add guest names for whoever is in the system. My parents who are older are never going to create account profiles.

Also, I can't seem to update my room reservation guests through the app.

I still can't update anything through the app. I can go into the new DVC website and access my room reservations. All of my reservations won't show up on the app. I made dining reservations with the app, but the reservation only shows up on the MDE web page,

Also, I was wondering how accurate the ride wait times are. One recent guest reported that those times were not accurate.

I've totally given up!

I am sticking to touringplans.com for help with plans and wait times, etc.

If Disney ever gets this whole Fast Pass+ figured out I might look at it then,
but for now..... forget it!

Quick question. I did online check in two weeks ago for our trip at the end of the month, using the MDE website. Everything seemed to go swell. However, now when I go to the MDE website there is a prompt for me to do online check in. It doesn't seem to register anywhere that I actually DID check in. Next to our Arrival date it says "Check IN Available". Shouldn't it say something to the effect of "You have checked in online"?

The whole point of even doing the online check in was to expedite our morning. We are arriving early early in the am and plan to drop our luggage and go straight to the park. I wanted to avoid a lengthy check in process.

On the main MDE web page, do you see the link "Modify Check-in?" like in the screen shot below? If so, I think you're good to go. If not, then I would try the check-in process again.
MDECrop_zps0976134f.jpg

I've noticed that when I make new ADRs within the MDE webpage or app, that the dining party members are selected at the time the reservation is made. If the ADR is made this way, then on the My Reservations page, the Adult/Child count is courrect (instead of showing all as adults for a reservation that was made before MDE and then linked in).

Although, since a "child" of 10-17 years is sometimes considered an "adult," those who fall in that in-between age range are counted differently whether you're looking at the Resort reservation compared to the Dining reservation.

I've slightly changed the wording on the front page...

My Reservations: A list of your Resort and Dining reservations, including confirmation numbers. Dining reservations include a link to Modify Guests, which brings you to a detail page of the ADR listing the primary guest who has control of the reservation and other guests who are members of the dining party. If this is a reservation that was made prior to or outside of the MDE website or app, then by default these are Unknown Guests, but you may assign members of your Friends and Family to the ADR.
Annoyance: Replacing an "Unknown" adult by assigning a child to the reservation does not change the adult/child count on the summary of the ADR. It continues to count each guest as an adult

Can anyone log in to any of the Disney sites now? My account isn't working on any of the sites...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter