Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

So I have made me FP+ and been checking on my computer. I thought I had read that if I try to change a FP+ on the app- I may lose it. Is that right? Is there a work around?

So I have made me FP+ and been checking on my computer. I thought I had read that if I try to change a FP+ on the app- I may lose it. Is that right? Is there a work around?

I've never had any issues changing FP+ selections using the mobile app, except for availability which was not a app issue.

I am trying to link a Backstage Magic Tour reservation and see nowhere to do this. It is not accepted in the reservations section.

Anyone know if this is generally a common problem?

MDE on a web browser shows that all 4 of our guests are part of ALL of our FP+ reservations.

On the MDE iOS app, for some reason, it only shows 1 guest per FP+ reservation, and it randomly picks 1 of our 4 family members to show.

Should I print out the browser sheets showing the 4 people, or is this just an app glitch, and everything should be fine?

Anyone know if this is generally a common problem?

MDE on a web browser shows that all 4 of our guests are part of ALL of our FP+ reservations.

On the MDE iOS app, for some reason, it only shows 1 guest per FP+ reservation, and it randomly picks 1 of our 4 family members to show.

Should I print out the browser sheets showing the 4 people, or is this just an app glitch, and everything should be fine?

I haven't heard of any success of using a printout to get in to a FP+ line. To easy to fake anyways.

Trust the web site over the app. The app continues to have glitches.

That's an on going issue with the MDE mobile app. As long as you see it correctly on the MDE website, you are good to go.

I am having no end of trouble with the MDE web site and app. Short version: nothing works.
  • I am able to log in, and it has my name and DOB, so I've got that going for me.
  • If I attempt to add friends & family via the web, the "please wait" box comes up for half a second, then nothing happens, and they aren't added.
  • Trying to add friends via the app, I get "There seems to be a problem adding this Guest to your Family & Friends list."
  • Restaurant reservations: I can find tables, but when I click the time, nothing happens.
  • Tried scanning my park ticket cards with the app, but it says it can't process them.

I could go on, but you get the idea. Aside from signing in, pretty much every feature doesn't work for me.

Further info: I did not make reservations with Disney, but bought park tickets at AAA and booked my own hotel (the Hilton Lake Buena Vista). Using Windows 7/Google Chrome, iPhone 5S/iOs 7.1.2.

I feel like I'm missing some should-be-obvious first step, or that there's something missing from my Disney profile that's keeping it from working. I have an e-mail out to Disney's help desk, but I'm hoping someone here has an idea. Suggestions welcome.

I'm down at WDW now. Just changed 2 of our FPs for tomorrow, via the website. But when I check the mobile app, it is still showing the original FPs for tomorrow. How do I refresh or get it to show the new ones?

I've been using the mobile app frequently on this trip, and it has been great up until this small glitch.

Not sure if this will help the last 2 posters.......

I am having issues with changes not updating too..... I get the "Please wait" also....
But what I do to update my FP+
Each and every change I make I have to make the change, then back all the way out..... sign off and close the website/app. Then sign back on.

It's a BIG PAIN! But I haven't had too many changes. It seems like it can only handle one thing at a time!

I ended up creating a new account with a different e-mail address, and so far everything's worked fine with that. The old account is one I've had for probably 15 years and originally signed up on ESPN's web site (all part of the Disney/ABC empire). So I guess something about that account was incompatible.

Trying to make dinning reservations on the app on iphone 6, Trip is 3-27 on site so within my window & when i get to part where click on available time i get Please Try Again Sorry there was a problem loading the requested information? Last trip many years ago so this MDE is a whole new experience

Trying to make dinning reservations on the app on iphone 6, Trip is 3-27 on site so within my window & when i get to part where click on available time i get Please Try Again Sorry there was a problem loading the requested information? Last trip many years ago so this MDE is a whole new experience

The various Disney sites have been having issues the past couple days.

You may be better off calling.

The various Disney sites have been having issues the past couple days.

You may be better off calling.

That is a relief to hear. I haven't been able to do anything on the mydisneyexperience.com site in 2 days. I actually get a 500 internal server error. Its unfortunate as my window for fastpasses is any day!

I have a question about the MDE itinerary. I added my resort reservations and just today linked my Park tickets to my account. The questions is when I go into MDE under Plan and Manage and then choose My Itinerary, it takes me to my first check-in day and then when I choose the "Add Plans" it gives me a drop-down menu but for some reason the "Add Parks and Places" selection isn't highlighted so I cannot add that to my itinerary. Everything else, and even FastPass, which I'm not even eligible for yet, is available but "Adding Parks & Places" isn't. Has something changed here or am I missing something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter