Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

I can't delete my MIL either. She is not going on our next trip. It says she still has plans associated to her name..? I don't know whether to just leave her there or call & have her deleted. I'd like my account to be as clutter-free as possible to avoid glitches. She doesn't have her own MDE account now, but might want to create one in the future & I really don't want it messing with mine!

If there are any MagicBands or Cards on the MagicBands & Cards page, you can't delete the profile they are associated with. It will not affect anything if you leave them in your Family & Friends list.

If ultimately she creates her own MDE account, you can invite her and then all of those entitlements (including MagicBands and Cards) will transfer to her account once she accepts the invite.

My DD is not going on our trip this Feb. :sad2: I'm trying to delete her from my MDE F&F list (I created her account originally, she does not have her own).
When trying to delete her thru the edit function, it says I cannot because she has tix attached to her name (must have been from our trip Feb 2013). I inactivated the tix, and it still wouldn't let me delete my DD.
Any tips on what I need to do to accomplish this? Thanks!

Why delete her when she will probably travel with you at a later date?

If she is old enough (13 or older) to have her own MDE account, she can create one and then you can send a friend request. You can easily delete connected friends without messing up existing reservations/plans.

If there are any MagicBands or Cards on the MagicBands & Cards page, you can't delete the profile they are associated with. It will not affect anything if you leave them in your Family & Friends list. If ultimately she creates her own MDE account, you can invite her and then all of those entitlements (including MagicBands and Cards) will transfer to her account once she accepts the invite.

Thanks. Yes it did say a person with an associated magic band could not be deleted, now that I think about it.

ALL.....Many "THANKS" for all the ongoing help with MDE !! :goodvibes

Another question if you dont mind...

If I cant make a FP scheduled time (or choose not to go)... and it's past the scheduled hour...
Can I then get another FP (if available) for same or any other ride?? :confused3

ALL.....Many "THANKS" for all the ongoing help with MDE !! :goodvibes

Another question if you dont mind...

If I cant make a FP scheduled time (or choose not to go)... and it's past the scheduled hour...
Can I then get another FP (if available) for same or any other ride?? :confused3

Once ALL of your initial FP+ for the day have expired or have been used (3 if you selected your limit), you can select a 'fourth' FP+ for any ride, any park, of whatever is still available.

Once ALL of your initial FP+ for the day have expired or have been used (3 if you selected your limit), you can select a 'fourth' FP+ for any ride, any park, of whatever is still available.

WOW!!! :eek:

So...if I choose "Fantasmic" as one of my FP's......I'm LOCKED OUT for the WHOLE DAY???? :sick: :sick:

IMHO...I know some of you like this "new system" but if you've been doing Disney every year for 43 yrs. this can't be a joy or fun to plan.
Soooooooo glad nobody else is going with us.

Bad enough you need to know "where" you want to eat 180 days out. Schedule...rides, same park, within an hour....60 days out?? Certainly not a vacation and definitely NOT "Magical" anymore. Time to re-think my vacations.:rolleyes1

Easier to plan and schedule a corporate convention. What's next...bathroom FP's!!
Maybe Universal & Sea World need some business!!:rolleyes1

I GIVE UP !!!!:faint::faint:

WOW!!! :eek:

So...if I choose "Fantasmic" as one of my FP's......I'm LOCKED OUT for the WHOLE DAY???? :sick: :sick:

IMHO...I know some of you like this "new system" but if you've been doing Disney every year for 43 yrs. this can't be a joy or fun to plan.
Soooooooo glad nobody else is going with us.

Bad enough you need to know "where" you want to eat 180 days out. Schedule...rides, same park, within an hour....60 days out?? Certainly not a vacation and definitely NOT "Magical" anymore. Time to re-think my vacations.:rolleyes1

Easier to plan and schedule a corporate convention. What's next...bathroom FP's!!
Maybe Universal & Sea World need some business!!:rolleyes1

I GIVE UP !!!!:faint::faint:

:rotfl2: I would so schedule those, and include them in my planning spreadsheet! :lmao:

I linked my family's tickets and assigned them to each member several months ago and then last month I reserved all our fastpasses. We leave for our trip tomorrow so tonight I was double checking out ticket numbers to write our names on the back of the cards (I know I should've done this in the first place but for some reason I didn't). My kids' names all show their assigned ticket numbers next to them, so theirs weren't a problem. My husband's name doesn't show any tickets. My name shows 2 tickets. But in another section of MDE it clearly shows my husband has a 5 day pass. How am I supposed to know which ticket is mine and which is his? We have a couple of separate fastpasses, so it will make a difference in the park.

Ok, so I have all of my family who are on this trip in MDE. I sent invitations to all that it applied to to join so we could plan together. My husband accepted. Now, all the tickets show up, but when I look under the Magic Bands section his isn't there. Is it supposed to be like that and why?
I am currently linking my 2 SILs to MDE so I can get them fast passes on the days we go together to the parks. I think I've figured out how to add and assign their tickets, and for a while only one showed up because the 2nd SIL does not have a computer so I used the same email for both. I am in the process of linking and adding their tickets. When it comes time for the fp+ selection, does it make a difference if they are not staying onsite? It isn't a big deal because we will probably only do 2 parks together and one of them is MVMCP so we may not even do fps for that day.
However, when my 60 day window opens up, will if affect my ability to choose fps for my family?
Thanks!

I am travelling with my husband, son, dil and 2 granddaughters, one of which is over 3. As I stated previously, my husband accepted my invitation to plan and share. For some reason (I just noticed) his park tickets are for 3 - 9 years old, while my granddaughter is 10+. The MVMCP tickets are correct.
If I remove him from my family and friends list what will happen? Will he still be there on the reservation or will he disappear altogether from my MDE?

I am travelling with my husband, son, dil and 2 granddaughters, one of which is over 3. As I stated previously, my husband accepted my invitation to plan and share. For some reason (I just noticed) his park tickets are for 3 - 9 years old, while my granddaughter is 10+. The MVMCP tickets are correct. If I remove him from my family and friends list what will happen? Will he still be there on the reservation or will he disappear altogether from my MDE?
I would call the tech support line. I made a huge mess on MDE trying to fix my first mistake, and somehow, had extra people, and the tow of us who were going were classified as infants. The tech guy was really nice, cleaned it all up, and my reservations were intact.

We are taking a trip with my parents, and perhaps my brother's family as well. As it stands now, we have:

2 nights with just me, my husband, and my 2 kids - under a reservation booked by me. I have the MDE account, and I manage the profiles for my husband and kids.

5 nights with my family plus my parents (DVC members) in a 2br villa that they booked.

So here's where my question comes in - I linked my dad's profile with my family's profile, but not until after he already made the reservation. So now my husband and my kids have 2 profiles showing up in his friend's and family list - 1 set managed by me, and 1 set managed by my father. I want the profiles managed by me to be associated with the DVC reservation, because as it stands right now, the ones managed by me show under the 2 night reservation, and the separate set managed by my father show under the 5 night reservation.

I called DVC, and the woman said it didn't matter. But I would think you wouldn't want people set up under multiple profiles managed by multiple people. Doesn't that essentially mean my husband and kids would be under 2 different MDE profiles depending on what day it is? They couldn't just use the same magic bands for the whole trip, they'd have to switch when we moved to BLT?

I just don't even know where to start with this.

I have had my hotel ressie and my magic bands in for a while now - today I tried to link my tickets and the webpage keeps going blank at the point - it won't load!? so frustrating?! Thankfully, I have another week before my 60 day fastpass selection - but, this makes me very nervous!
Anybody else have issues w/ this section of the website?:confused3

I have had my hotel ressie and my magic bands in for a while now - today I tried to link my tickets and the webpage keeps going blank at the point - it won't load!? so frustrating?! Thankfully, I have another week before my 60 day fastpass selection - but, this makes me very nervous!
Anybody else have issues w/ this section of the website?:confused3

I'm trying to buy tickets today and keep getting stuck. I have a few more days until it's time to book Fast Pass +.

Try using a different browser. You can try using the same one, but you'll need to complete clear the cache and probably the relevant cookies as well, which can be difficult.

Sometimes it is just the site and you can try later. If you're just linking tickets, you can try doing it with the phone app as well.

I had a similar situation and called tech. Another family is meeting up with us four days later on our trip. She only put her info and not the rest of the family in MDE. I made dinner reservations and being the anal person that I am I end up putting all peoples name in MDE. When her 60 days came up for FP+ she didn't have the rest of her family set up so she included them thus coming up twice. I called Disney and they basically consolidated all the names that appeared. Before doing this the other family has to link your reservations together.

We are taking a trip with my parents, and perhaps my brother's family as well. As it stands now, we have:

2 nights with just me, my husband, and my 2 kids - under a reservation booked by me. I have the MDE account, and I manage the profiles for my husband and kids.

5 nights with my family plus my parents (DVC members) in a 2br villa that they booked.

So here's where my question comes in - I linked my dad's profile with my family's profile, but not until after he already made the reservation. So now my husband and my kids have 2 profiles showing up in his friend's and family list - 1 set managed by me, and 1 set managed by my father. I want the profiles managed by me to be associated with the DVC reservation, because as it stands right now, the ones managed by me show under the 2 night reservation, and the separate set managed by my father show under the 5 night reservation.

I called DVC, and the woman said it didn't matter. But I would think you wouldn't want people set up under multiple profiles managed by multiple people. Doesn't that essentially mean my husband and kids would be under 2 different MDE profiles depending on what day it is? They couldn't just use the same magic bands for the whole trip, they'd have to switch when we moved to BLT?

I just don't even know where to start with this.

Try using a different browser. You can try using the same one, but you'll need to complete clear the cache and probably the relevant cookies as well, which can be difficult.

Sometimes it is just the site and you can try later. If you're just linking tickets, you can try doing it with the phone app as well.

I was able to log in and successfully link my tickets on my husbands computer and after shutting down my computer and doing updates - when I reloaded WDWs website - it actually gave me a notice at the top telling me to do try a different browser. Which is actually odd because I have the same browser my husbands PC has - IE 11 ( I believe? the most recent).
So, I am thinking I might try Google Chrome - but, I heard negative things about it... wondering if it will even help.
At this point I can see my ressie and tickets - but, it tells me:
"We see that you and 2 Guests on your Family & Friends list have tickets, and are ready to make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance!"
why doesn't it say 60 days?
I called WDW and they said it will change on my 60th day!? TRUE?!!?

I was able to log in and successfully link my tickets on my husbands computer and after shutting down my computer and doing updates - when I reloaded WDWs website - it actually gave me a notice at the top telling me to do try a different browser. Which is actually odd because I have the same browser my husbands PC has - IE 11 ( I believe? the most recent).
So, I am thinking I might try Google Chrome - but, I heard negative things about it... wondering if it will even help.

In general, if you aren't using Internet Explorer and run into a problem, try IE - a lot of issues like this may be solved with IE because the developers tend to code to its idiosyncrasies. I only use it when other browsers fail though.

If using IE, try Chrome and/or Firefox.

At this point I can see my ressie and tickets - but, it tells me:
"We see that you and 2 Guests on your Family & Friends list have tickets, and are ready to make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance!"
why doesn't it say 60 days?
I called WDW and they said it will change on my 60th day!? TRUE?!!?

Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter