Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

I apologize if this question has already been asked, I haven't gone through all of the posts.

My issue is with making an online payment.

When I go to "My Disney Experience" from either my laptop (Safari) or desktop (Windows) and click on "My Reservations and Tickets" it shows my hotel information with check in and check out dates, my dining plan, but it doesn't show a balance or a "make payment" button.

Even when I click on "View Details" and wait a few seconds as it was suggested previously, it still doesn't give me an option to make a payment or view balance.

I've always been able to pay online with my previous reservations, not sure why it's not giving me the option with this specific reservation. It isn't a temporary glitch, as it's been this way from the time I made the reservation and paid the deposit in May.

Has this happened to anyone else? And if so, is there a workaround?

I have never seen a payment option with the MDE. Supposedly, there was one, but now it asks you to call to pay, on packages. For RO reservations, it assumes you will pay the balance when you arrive.

I was able to make all my payments online. However, the balance due and make a payment options were sometimes unavailable. For example, about 20 minutes ago I received an error message that balance information was not available. This part is "glitchy" and I found it necessary to check periodically.

The saga continues......

I was only able to get "overlapping FP+ times" for me & sister.
All my original times were not shown as a selection...so I changed mine to her avalibility.
Guess it will have to be good enough.

Question:
If my FP+ times are in the afternoon...Can I get "regular" FP's in the mornings???

I certainly spend less time organizing a corporate convention. :rolleyes1

This is supposed to be a "VACATION"....not a Disney nightmare...RIGHT ??? :crazy2::crazy2:

senecabeach said:
The saga continues......

I was only able to get "overlapping FP+ times" for me & sister.
All my original times were not shown as a selection...so I changed mine to her avalibility.
Guess it will have to be good enough.

Question:
If my FP+ times are in the afternoon...Can I get "regular" FP's in the mornings???

I certainly spend less time organizing a corporate convention. :rolleyes1

This is supposed to be a "VACATION"....not a Disney nightmare...RIGHT ??? :crazy2::crazy2:

There are no regular FPS available. You must use your 3 (or let time run out) before you can get another one.

senecabeach said:
AH....Thanks ! Should mean that the standby line will be shorter....right??? :rotfl2:

Hahaha! Standby lines for many of the rides have appeared to increase. 40 some mins for pirates, HM, Small world, etc. The rides you used to be able to count on with lower waits (risdes that didn't have FP-) now have longer waits b/c folks have FP+ for them. I am hoping that FP+ availability for those rides is decent for the 4th pass and others.

Has anyone been having an issue with the AP section on MDE? I've been getting directed to a blank white page. Have tried deleting cookies, etc. This has happened to me on more than one PC. Anyone?

I want to change a park and FP+'s already selected in MDE.

I'm afraid to just cancel the FP's in fear of totally loosing them for that day.
Thought I read something that a cancellation cannot be re-established.

Can anyone tell me how to do that in MDE so I don't loose my daily FP+'s entirely?? :confused3

ALSO....if all my FP+'s are in the afternoon, does that mean I can't get a "regular" FP for the morning???

I'm afraid to just cancel the FP's in fear of totally loosing them for that day.

Can anyone tell me how to do that in MDE so I don't loose my daily FP+'s entirely?? :confused3

ALSO....if all my FP+'s are in the afternoon, does that mean I can't get a "regular" FP for the morning???
There are no more "regular" fastpasses

If you want FPs for a different park, you will need to cancel the ones you already have. MDE will not let you select FPs for two parks in one day ahead of that day. However, once you use those FPs (or let them expire), then you will be able to choose a 'fourth' FP for any park you want, assuming there is still availability.

I am glad to see you can now cancel individual FPs. MDE is not longer forcing you to select three if there are only one or two FPs you want. Now if they would just get rid of the stupid tier system for EP and HS...

Hi again - you all were so helpful with my last question, so I'm back with another.:goodvibes

I'm traveling with my DH and multiple family members (in-laws). We're working on setting up our F&F lists and getting us all connected.
Should we be "linking" each other's package reservation #'s ? I did link one with my SIL and her family, and now I can see her package details and MYW tickets mixed in with mine. Will this create a problem later on ? Or do I HAVE to have everyone's package number's linked in order to make FP+ reservations later (if I'm brave enough to make some of theirs) ;)??

thanks!

Hi again - you all were so helpful with my last question, so I'm back with another.:goodvibes

I'm traveling with my DH and multiple family members (in-laws). We're working on setting up our F&F lists and getting us all connected.
Should we be "linking" each other's package reservation #'s ? I did link one with my SIL and her family, and now I can see her package details and MYW tickets mixed in with mine. Will this create a problem later on ? Or do I HAVE to have everyone's package number's linked in order to make FP+ reservations later (if I'm brave enough to make some of theirs) ;)??

thanks!

Adding Family & Friends using their Resort Confirmation number is just an easy way to add them. If they don't change the sharing option on their side, you will see all of their plans. The other sharing option is to show only shared plans.

You (and any of your Family & Friends with their own MDE accounts) can set sharing options for anyone on the Family & Friends that have their own MDE accounts.

InviteToPlanAndShare_zps8c363d14.jpg

You only need to have them in your Family & Friends list and they need to have park admission linked to be able to make FP+ selections for them. The sharing option doesn't have any control over FP+ selections.

You only need to have them in your Family & Friends list and they need to have park admission linked to be able to make FP+ selections for them.

Thank you Michael, this is the answer I was looking for.:goodvibes

I just noticed a new orange icon at the top of the MDE page for notifications...has anyone received notifications yet and what for? Im a zero at the moment.

I just noticed a new orange icon at the top of the MDE page for notifications...has anyone received notifications yet and what for? Im a zero at the moment.

I got notifications when SIL and MIL accepted my friends request :)

Back . . . . again:guilty:

My DD is not going on our trip this Feb. :sad2: I'm trying to delete her from my MDE F&F list (I created her account originally, she does not have her own).
When trying to delete her thru the edit function, it says I cannot because she has tix attached to her name (must have been from our trip Feb 2013). I inactivated the tix, and it still wouldn't let me delete my DD.
Any tips on what I need to do to accomplish this? Thanks!

Back . . . . again:guilty: My DD is not going on our trip this Feb. :sad2: I'm trying to delete her from my MDE F&F list (I created her account originally, she does not have her own). When trying to delete her thru the edit function, it says I cannot because she has tix attached to her name (must have been from our trip Feb 2013). I inactivated the tix, and it still wouldn't let me delete my DD. Any tips on what I need to do to accomplish this? Thanks!

Look under her profile and see if she is under your dining or some other reservations. My SIL would not be deleted after she bailed on our trip. I had to get her off every dining ressie and the site was making that difficult.

I can't delete my MIL either. She is not going on our next trip. It says she still has plans associated to her name..? I don't know whether to just leave her there or call & have her deleted. I'd like my account to be as clutter-free as possible to avoid glitches. She doesn't have her own MDE account now, but might want to create one in the future & I really don't want it messing with mine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter