NBA Playoffs, what ya think who ya got (Thoughts)

Doubt it.

Toronto didn't give up much to get Kawhi compared to the Clips. Lebron had just left the East. There was a power vacuum and a legitimate shot to get to the finals. It was a move with a high probability of at least getting to the Finals.

The West was tough to get out of even without Lebron. And now the West with Lebron, and the Clips were still dumb enough to give 10 times what that the Raps gave up. They don't have a real draft pick till 2027.
Point was that sometimes it takes a new coach with a new perspective to get a team over the hump. We've seen it in every sport, so even if it's a walk year, I'm not willing to count the Clippers out until we see how the offseason (such as it is) plays out for them.

Point was that sometimes it takes a new coach with a new perspective to get a team over the hump. We've seen it in every sport, so even if it's a walk year, I'm not willing to count the Clippers out until we see how the offseason (such as it is) plays out for them.
I think there's immense pressure on the franchise.

And I think they are going to have trouble hiring a great coach. Sure there is good money from Balmer but as a coach you are essentially gambling your career as there is a distinct possibility that they don't make the finals, kawaii/PG leave and you are left with no draft picks till 2027 in a town owned by the Lakers.

As for Doc, I read the p;ayers on the team were mad at Doc for giving superstar stus of missing games to George, they understood about leonard but felt Georhe not that type of player to all his shots

Interesting.

Oh so interesting. :scratchin

Interesting.

Oh so interesting. :scratchin
So in other words the players not named PG and Kawaii were mad. But the fact is that the only two who matter are PG-Kawaii so if they liked Doc and Doc was fired and PG-Kawaii walk after this year, then it really doesn't matter what the other rotation players thing, the franchise is doomed.

So in other words the players not named PG and Kawaii were mad. But the fact is that the only two who matter are PG-Kawaii so if they liked Doc and Doc was fired and PG-Kawaii walk after this year, then it really doesn't matter what the other rotation players thing, the franchise is doomed.

It really is a headache.

Good on Miami. And the Butler show.

The other two games were snorefests for me. I can't get into Anthony Davis at all. It's like he's personally done wrong by me or something :laughing:, I got nothing.

And I always miss Ernie and company this time of year. I hate that they end at the Conference Finals.

Well I'm no party. :rotfl::drinking1

Let's hope Miami can make it a series.

I hate Butler for all the right reasons. He's someone that can put a team on his back and elevate them. And you hate to play that guy.

So true. I see Butler as the kind of player that has missing for a long time. And now has the ability to showcase getting away from Philly and over to Miami. And his time in Chicago, well losing seasons are hard to highlight in the same manner.

Not comparing play but absolute swagger - he brings me back to the days of players like Gary Payton, Allen Iverson, Baron Davis.....

----------

Off topic but as I was typing Larry Brown suddenly came into my head. Fun days. I can't even remember what 76er stayed on the injured list beyond his injury, but Larry Brown said to the media, "I can't get one of my players on the court and one won't get off the court (Iverson) :laughing:."

Good or bad outcome, I adore dagger-eyed swagger. :drinking1:love:

ratting are now down 65 percent for the finals , its going to take a long time ago to things back, Many players felt it was improtant for them to be about the politics, and many viewers think they dont need to be lectured to by all the players and announcers, so they did the only thing they could, stop watching. Its unfortunate, I heard the Commissioner quietly announce all this ends after this year. Its a great game and will survive, but the popularity , which left hokey in the dust , and was about to pass baseball took a hit, its now number 4, and it maybe a lifetime before it approaches baseball again

ratting are now down 65 percent for the finals , its going to take a long time ago to things back, Many players felt it was improtant for them to be about the politics, and many viewers think they dont need to be lectured to by all the players and announcers, so they did the only thing they could, stop watching. Its unfortunate, I heard the Commissioner quietly announce all this ends after this year. Its a great game and will survive, but the popularity , which left hokey in the dust , and was about to pass baseball took a hit, its now number 4, and it maybe a lifetime before it approaches baseball again

I hear you. And you can definitely tell by this thread.

But too alarmist low-key, in my opinion. (well I am hoping.)

I am not as passionate because I am missing the crowds and the travel. The other doesn't bother me in the least.

Plus like I said every Finals I miss Inside the NBA, it is not a huge deal - just simply miss it. This year IS.a huge deal to not have that levity.

Just the sound of Paul Pierce's voice makes me feel like I need bail money.

Butler has had an incredible half, as has LeBron. But Anthony Davis makes me not care about their win, if they pull it out tonight.

In more exciting news after everyone going on and on about Kawhi, Danny Green is the one who might be getting a third ring, from a third team. :drinking1:lmao::thumbsup2

Last edited:
I hear you. And you can definitely tell by this thread.

But too alarmist low-key. I am hoping.

I am not as passionate because I am missing the crowds and the travel. The other doesn't bother me in the least.

Butler has had an incredible half, as has LeBron. Anthony Davis makes me not care about their win, if they pull it out tonight.

it (and this is just me) get me in rage, when lebron and crew tell me are cops are racsist, and we need to change everything cause of it/ I dont say all basketball players are on drugs cause of few if them and then go tell them to chage there game, I am sick of it, and even more so these announcers that kiss there butts

To be honest the messaging didn't bother me that much. Being a visible minority, I get it.

But I think the low ratings have more to do with the finals airing at an atypical point of the year for the NBA. It doesn't capture our attention as much in the fall as it does in the late spring/early summer.

I didnt get to read what you said to me before you edited it, but I did the last time when you ripped me a new one , lol, Im glad you apperntly decided we can still be friends despite not thinking a like, cause I count you as a freind

I didnt get to read what you said to me before you edited it, but I did the last time when you ripped me a new one , lol, Im glad you apperntly decided we can still be friends despite not thinking a like, cause I count you as a freind
No worries. I decided that sometimes it's better to let things go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter