Neat Stand By Lines

Pookie9922

Mouseketeer
What stand by line experiences are good and not to be missed?

I feel like I've seen this info before, but probably scattered about on other posts. Can't seem to find it now that I'm actually looking for it!

Thanks!

Peter Pan, SDMT, Pooh... FoP standby line is really cool, but I can't make myself stand in that stand-by line for so long lol Haunted Mansion has some cool interaction, and Dumbo is good one for kids. I like looking at PP the most, but you can walk through it quickly at rope-drop so that is what I do.

For kids, SDMT, Pooh, HM are the first ones that come to mind that have a lot of interactive 'play' elements. For cool theming - ToT is one of my favorites, FEA, and Everest are just really well themed, but not much interactivity to them.

Oh I should have prefaced that we are DL vets so anything that's exactly the same there isn't a big deal for us.

Nothing is worth more than a 20 minute wait. In addition to the above, the queue for A Bug’s Life takes you past the “roots” of the tree, which have carvings of animals on them. The Nemo queue is cute at Epcot. TSM is cute but the one at CA is probably similiar. PP is, I think, as good as the ride and I would do it shortly after rope
drop one morning.

If you are a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, do standby for Enchanted Tales when it’s at 20mn or less. The fp queue is totally separate and doesn’t show you as much of the cottage. A 20mn wait on it is fine, as part of the wait are two preshow type things that are part of the experience; usually 20mn means you’ll be in the next group to go to the first preshow.

You don’t miss the theming on ToT by doing fp.

Peter Pan, SDMT, Pooh... FoP standby line is really cool, but I can't make myself stand in that stand-by line for so long lol Haunted Mansion has some cool interaction, and Dumbo is good one for kids. I like looking at PP the most, but you can walk through it quickly at rope-drop so that is what I do.

Stole my thunder. I like how you think.

All good responses... I really like the standby line at Journey of the Little Mermaid (I think that’s the name of the attraction). It’s not necessarily the queue itself but along the way, there are little portals you look into and there is a little crab that you can play a game with... quite entertaining for a few minutes

For kids, SDMT, Pooh, HM are the first ones that come to mind that have a lot of interactive 'play' elements. For cool theming - ToT is one of my favorites, FEA, and Everest are just really well themed, but not much interactivity to them.

Note about FEA: the fun feature of it is at the end of the line nearest the ride. When I did standby there during the first year, it was a 90-minute wait and only the last 5 minutes had something interesting in it--and hardly something I'd stand in line for 85 minutes to experience. The rest of the line was a lot of nothing. I would never do standby there again unless there was a 10-minute posted wait time. This is unlike HM, for example, that has loads of interesting things in the standby line.

Not that there's much to really look at, but I really like the queue of our Pirates (much different than DL). It really gets me in the pillaging mood ;)

Everest and FOP are my faves as far as things to see. Enjoy the games at Mermaid, SDMT, HM, and Space--if we get stopped long enough to enjoy. Sadly, between Epcot and HS, only ToT is even a remotely enjoyable wait IMO.

Peter Pan, 7DMT, Everest, FoP, ToT, Poo, Journey of the Little mermaid, FEA,
Not quite as good, but I like Haunted Mansion and Pirates,
Haven't been to HS since TSL opened so don't know how TSM Que compares.

Not that there's much to really look at, but I really like the queue of our Pirates (much different than DL). It really gets me in the pillaging mood ;)

I second the Pirates queue at WDW. Very different from DL, however I like the actual ride more at DL.

Space is definitely not a ride I enjoy waiting a long time for because the queue seems to go on for quite literally ever. BUT the games are something my family and I have always quite enjoyed when we have the misfortune of a long stand-by. And I want to second what is written above about Everest--so fun and factual.

I disagree. Many times the standby queues help tell the story of the attraction. Look at many of the Animal Kingdom attractions such at Flight of Passage and Everest.

There is not a single standby queue that I would choose to do over a FP. There's no story needed for FOP....we're all going to have it explained to us how we're going to link to an avatar and, uh, fly.

There is not a single standby queue that I would choose to do over a FP. There's no story needed for FOP....we're all going to have it explained to us how we're going to link to an avatar and, uh, fly.
I’m not going to wait 100+ minutes to see a queue but surely I’ll wait in a very well themed queue for 30 minutes or less. Whether you want to wait in them or not they are part of the story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter