Neat Stand By Lines

The Peter Pan queue is so modern and filled with the new, fresh technology, that the old classic ride seems even more ancient in contrast.

The Flight of Passage queue is amazing and well done. There are a couple of scenes in this queue which I'd consider "essential" parts of a complete attraction experience... given the story they tell. My only complaint is that you spend all this time in the caverns at the beginning of your wait. And then by the time you get to the really good scenes, the line is actually moving so fast you barely have time to take in the best parts of the queue.

I'm not saying that I'd give up a FastPass+ reservation in order to enjoy either of these queues, but I would recommend that any theme park fan experience them at least once.

Topic adjacent and non-Disney, the best example of queues are in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. After getting to skip the queues, I felt like I definitely missed a big chunk of the experience that Harry Potter fans would appreciate most. I think I would feel the same way about FOP if I were a big Avatar fan (which I am not... I hate Avatar)... but I still thought the queue was worth a glance.

FoP queue is very cool, but not 2 hours cool.

EE is probably my favorite queue, and my 7 yo loves this queue as well.

SM used to have a game but it was taken out and now you can play on the play app.

ToT is pretty neat as well, but only if you are walking through. I wouldn't wait long in that queue.

I'll add Dumbo to the list. There is a really neat area where the kids can play while you wait in line. My kids prefer the play area to the actual ride :)

There is not a single standby queue that I would choose to do over a FP. There's no story needed for FOP....we're all going to have it explained to us how we're going to link to an avatar and, uh, fly.
Yes, exactly. I have rides to ride. I'm not going to purposely go through a standby line just to interact with the line. I'm here for the ride.

If you are riding FP are there any interesting queues that you get to experience at all on any rides?

Last edited:
The tower of terror queue theming is amazing but you can experience a majority of it through the fast pass line. The standby line just affords you more time to appreciate all the little details; you really feel as though you are walking through a hotel that hasn’t been touched in decades.

There is not a single standby queue that I would choose to do over a FP. There's no story needed for FOP....we're all going to have it explained to us how we're going to link to an avatar and, uh, fly.
Very true. I've never been waiting in a standby queue and thought "Wow, I'm so glad I don't have a FP for this". FP the rides that will have the longest wait no matter what =)

I disagree. Many times the standby queues help tell the story of the attraction. Look at many of the Animal Kingdom attractions such at Flight of Passage and Everest.

Oh i so agree the theming is one of the main reasons to go to WDW. If you are just going for the rides then maybe 6 Flags is the place for you!!

Oh i so agree the theming is one of the main reasons to go to WDW. If you are just going for the rides then maybe 6 Flags is the place for you!!
The ride has plenty of theming all by itself. And yes, I do appreciate the theming in lines when I have to stand in lines.

But I don't like standing in lines.

I am not purposely going to go through a standby line for the theming. I'm not going to wait 45 minutes for Haunted Mansion instead of using my FastPass. Especially since I've been through that standby line plenty of times before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter