• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a new washer......help me!

I also use very little detergent on the quick wash but I don’t have suds coming up from the gasket after the normal wash, sometimes on the quick wash, but it errors out instead of finishing and then I have to run rinse and spin instead. I feel like there is an issue with yours. Is the water turned back on fully, it sounds like you are not getting enough clean water or a clean water sensor issue. It really shouldn’t finish completely with suds in it, the sensor should know that and try to keep it running till it’s clean or it will error. Overall, I use the Permanent Press, bulky load or Bright Whites cycles the most. PP is actually really quick too!!

I also use very little detergent on the quick wash but I don’t have suds coming up from the gasket after the normal wash, sometimes on the quick wash, but it errors out instead of finishing and then I have to run rinse and spin instead. I feel like there is an issue with yours. Is the water turned back on fully, it sounds like you are not getting enough clean water or a clean water sensor issue. It really shouldn’t finish completely with suds in it, the sensor should know that and try to keep it running till it’s clean or it will error. Overall, I use the Permanent Press, bulky load or Bright Whites cycles the most. PP is actually really quick too!!
Not sure we have the same model LG. MIne is the 3700. When the machine initially fills with water I see sudsy water coming up between the drum and gasket, just not sure if that is how it works?

OP, Are you sure you are using an HE detergent. I am thinking that they should not even be able to create that many suds. Are you just seeing suds and some suds residue? How far up in the drum are the suds when the machine is washing?

DH and I had decided that if we do move soon, we wanted to invest in good Speed Queen washers.
We had heard about the ten year warranty, and that was a big kicker for my DH.
Then we heard from the owner and sales rep at a local appliance store that Speed Queen is like all the others, and has met government environmental regulations, and they are not much different than all the other current generation washers.

Does anybody here know anything about that?

OP, Are you sure you are using an HE detergent. I am thinking that they should not even be able to create that many suds. Are you just seeing suds and some suds residue? How far up in the drum are the suds when the machine is washing?

DH and I had decided that if we do move soon, we wanted to invest in good Speed Queen washers.
We had heard about the ten year warranty, and that was a big kicker for my DH.
Then we heard from the owner and sales rep at a local appliance store that Speed Queen is like all the others, and has met government environmental regulations, and they are not much different than all the other current generation washers.

Does anybody here know anything about that?
The detergent I am using said for all types including HE.

I only use Tide. the detergent might make a difference in that LG frontloader.
I have used quite a bit of detergent for dirty loads of clothes. I might have to run extra rinses when I do that. But, I have never seen a ton of suds.

Not sure we have the same model LG. MIne is the 3700. When the machine initially fills with water I see sudsy water coming up between the drum and gasket, just not sure if that is how it works?
Just checked. I have the 4370. I also had never watched it wash before today! Water comes shooting out from each lower side between the drum and gasket, it’s a definite stream of water. It is soapy too.

We got a new washer this year - a GE top loader but it has the agitator. The salesperson said the top loaders without the agitator don't work as well. So we got the agitator. It senses how much water to put in but has a deep fill button. So I use the deep fill on every load just so it fills all the way with water. Otherwise it hardy uses any water and the clothes don't even look wet! So if I hold the deep fill button it will override and fill all the way with water. Seems like all the new top loaders have this water saving feature which I don't like. But I didn't want the front loader since I've heard a lot of people get mold problems. We went to a local owned store and they did have the "old fashioned" models - which I just got one of those instead of the new fancy then I wouldn't have to stand there and override it every time to fill with water. The only thing I love about it is the top lid is clear so I can see in - since all the new models the lid locks and you can't open - clear lid I can see if there's enough water!
We just bought a GE top loader. It is my favorite washer!! It has an agitator and deep fill option. Mine also has a water station where you can scrub stains before washing. This one also has an auto dispenser for detergent, and an app that will tell you when the wash is done or how many minutes are left. I think I bought the set for about $1600.

Front loaders are such a hassle. The drying the gasket and wiping with bleach and monthly washing of the actual machine. :crazy2: Forget about it.

Just checked. I have the 4370. I also had never watched it wash before today! Water comes shooting out from each lower side between the drum and gasket, it’s a definite stream of water. It is soapy too.
OK so this must be normal with this machine. My old Kenmore sprayed water into the drum from the side of the dispenser. Am I weird that I watch how it works? LOL

We just bought a GE top loader. It is my favorite washer!! It has an agitator and deep fill option. Mine also has a water station where you can scrub stains before washing. This one also has an auto dispenser for detergent, and an app that will tell you when the wash is done or how many minutes are left. I think I bought the set for about $1600.

Would you mind telling me what the model of that is if you happen to know? I'm contemplating replacing just my washer (dryer's still fine) within the year and looking for top loads with agitator, unfortunately it seems like so many washers have a lot of bad reviews. I found a reasonably priced Maytag but then 85% of the reviews were absolutely abysmal so not sure where to look.

Would you mind telling me what the model of that is if you happen to know? I'm contemplating replacing just my washer (dryer's still fine) within the year and looking for top loads with agitator, unfortunately it seems like so many washers have a lot of bad reviews. I found a reasonably priced Maytag but then 85% of the reviews were absolutely abysmal so not sure where to look.
GE® 4.9 cu. ft. Capacity Smart Washer with Stainless Steel Basket
GTW755CSMWS

The website says it is no longer manufactured. :confused3 But I just bought this brand new a few months ago. And I checked the Home Depot site has it on sale for $599.

Understand completely. When ours died I knew I was getting a top loader. lol, WRONG! My research led me to the LG. (Maytag front loader was my second choice, but the LG was on a great sale and became the deciding factor.)

Whatever you get, I hope you love it.
I am sad to report that my new LG washer is a big flop! Its been leaking from the detergent drawer. Two techs came out and it is still leaking. It's going back to the store and now I lost faith in the LG front loader :( Back to figuring out which machine to get next. May invest in the Speed Queen.

I have an old style top loader that is now 26 years old. They still sell them. They're totally cheap and most even still have analog controls. Forget the front loading nonsense and forget the useless water saving top loaders. Get yourself one of these babies. No need to buy the $2000 models with all the electronics and garbage. All you really need is Normal, perma press, gentle, and delicate plus your hot cold warm cold cold cold temperature. Ours has auto temp control so that cold isn't too cold and hot isn't too hot. It also has a continuously variable water level setting. These $2,000 washers have a bunch of electronic gizmos you don't even need and that's one more thing to go out.

Maybe it is time to pay for that Consumer Reports membership. :rolleyes1
Nope......the consumer reports put this machine at the number 1 position. Also a very experienced repair man said never trust consumer reports. He said if you want tried and true washing machines go with Whirlpool or Speed Queen. Wish I met him before I made this purchase.

I am sad to report that my new LG washer is a big flop! Its been leaking from the detergent drawer. Two techs came out and it is still leaking. It's going back to the store and now I lost faith in the LG front loader :( Back to figuring out which machine to get next. May invest in the Speed Queen.

Oh no! I am so sorry.

I have not had any issues with my washer. Goes to show you how quality assurance in most of our products has taken a nose dive. I feel bad I praised it so highly, only find it be a huge failure for you. :(

I have an old style top loader that is now 26 years old. They still sell them. They're totally cheap and most even still have analog controls. Forget the front loading nonsense and forget the useless water saving top loaders. Get yourself one of these babies. No need to buy the $2000 models with all the electronics and garbage. All you really need is Normal, perma press, gentle, and delicate plus your hot cold warm cold cold cold temperature. Ours has auto temp control so that cold isn't too cold and hot isn't too hot. It also has a continuously variable water level setting. These $2,000 washers have a bunch of electronic gizmos you don't even need and that's one more thing to go out.

Yep. My dad used to say "the more buttons there are, the more that will tear up". He made Mom follow that on everything they bought from cars to dishwashers. And most of the things they had lasted for many years. Mom has been gone 3 years and hadn't bought anything for her house in 10 or more years. My brother is still using all the same appliances. I have her vacuum cleaner (its probably 35 years old).

Of course, it gets harder and harder to find things without all the bells and whistles anymore.

Yep. My dad used to say "the more buttons there are, the more that will tear up". He made Mom follow that on everything they bought from cars to dishwashers. And most of the things they had lasted for many years. Mom has been gone 3 years and hadn't bought anything for her house in 10 or more years. My brother is still using all the same appliances. I have her vacuum cleaner (its probably 35 years old).

Of course, it gets harder and harder to find things without all the bells and whistles anymore.

Everything is modular now too. A coupler goes out on mine it's $150. A back bearing goes out on a front loader. $1,100 for the whole module. May as well buy a new washer.

Everything is modular now too. A coupler goes out on mine it's $150. A back bearing goes out on a front loader. $1,100 for the whole module. May as well buy a new washer.

Oh wow! We talked to a salesperson at Lowes one time that has been working there for a very long time. She told us that appliances today are purposely not built to last or not to be worth fixing. She told us that she had customers come in that had appliances that were 20-30 years old and they just decided they wanted a new one. But they would buy one and then be back in 2-3 years because the "new" one stopped working. She said she was always tempted to talk them out of replacing those 20-30 year old models that were still working so well.

One machine going bad wouldn't turn me off. It could just be a lemon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter