• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on FoP FP

Keep refreshing. If you can grab one at all for any time on the day you want it, just do it, and in my experience it's easier to get one for a different time that day once you have one that day at all. Make a hobby out of refreshing in any spare minutes during the day, every day, that you have.

We have APs and stayed off-site in January and were not able to get a FoP FP at 30 days out or at anytime up until our park day. But we were prepared for doing rope drop thanks to so many helpful hints on these boards. We definitely aren't youngsters but we had no trouble arriving early - 90 minutes before park opening and going with the herd. We were off the ride before official park opening. It really wasn't that bad at all.

Sure it is. I own a house yet I sometimes book a hotel. Its not against the law. 60 FP just happens to be a hotel perk
Yes I agree it’s not against the law. But I own 2 houses 1 up north and 1 in FL. So not an option.
Before we bought our vacation home, we did stay on site so I’m well aware of the perks.
I’ll just suck it up and deal. I’ll be over it soon. It’s not stopping me from going back.

If you want an alternate strategy, there have been several recent reports of 20-30 minute waits at the end of the day.

This would be more efficient and much less stressful than the rope drop madness.

Yes I agree it’s not against the law. But I own 2 houses 1 up north and 1 in FL. So not an option.
Before we bought our vacation home, we did stay on site so I’m well aware of the perks.
I’ll just suck it up and deal. I’ll be over it soon. It’s not stopping me from going back.

You’ll get one don’t be disheartened.

We definitely aren't youngsters but we had no trouble arriving early - 90 minutes before park opening and going with the herd. We were off the ride before official park opening. It really wasn't that bad at all.

Yes! I was back in front of FoP by one minute after official park opening after arriving 90 minutes early. I then went over to Navi River which showed a 20 minute wait, and only waited 10 minutes. Definitely worth getting up early. My wait was broken up into sections, a short wait at Security, then the tapstiles, and then at the rope into Pandora. For some reason, waiting before rope drop doesn't seem as bad as waiting after the park is open.

Same here....

Make a plan for rope drop or end of the day, keep checking for FP's, and be pleasantly surprised when they show up.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

I walked on twice by being at the park a full hour before open. Grab a coffee and a donut and sit at the tapstile. There are worse ways to spend a morning.
We got there an hour and 15 ish before park opening as well and it worked great.

We arrived at the park last week 45 minutes before rope drop and were fine, and that's with Spring Break crowds. We were finished the ride by 8:30. The only downside to that was they put us through the FP line, so we missed the amazing queue. A couple of days later, the wait time was *only* 105 minutes, so I decided to join the line. So worth it. The queue is absolutely amazing. So much to see that I don't know how you could really enjoy it in under 40 minutes. So, rope drop is your best bet for getting the ride done, but you may also want to keep watching for opportunities mid day when the crowd may thin out a bit as early morning Pandora visitors make their way into the rest of the park.

I walked on twice by being at the park a full hour before open. Grab a coffee and a donut and sit at the tapstile. There are worse ways to spend a morning.

We got there an hour and 15 ish before park opening as well and it worked great.

I’ve recently read about guests that were able to ride twice during the last half hour of operation. This seems like a much more efficient use of time than waiting for over an hour just to ride once.

I’ve recently read about guests that were able to ride twice during the last half hour of operation. This seems like a much more efficient use of time than waiting for over an hour just to ride once.
In that scenario, you would definitely be right. We always park hop mid-day and eat dinner in a park, then spend the rest of the night there, and AK is never our evening park so that doesn't often factor in to my thinking. But if that's a viable option for someone then it's definitely worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter