• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advise! Is POLY worth it?

CruisinPetey

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 has CBR booked for this August. We have been a few times before and have always enjoyed it! I was playing around on the Disney website and see we can do the Polynesian at the same time for $1000 more if we take away a full day. I’ve always wanted to go there but is it worth losing a full day of vacation and $1000 more? Thanks for any opinions!

I absolutely love Poly and it’s my favorite overall resort, but not sure if even I could convince myself $1,000 more and one less vacation day is worth it. Doesn’t seem like good vacation math for our style.

ETA, I may be naive about CBR rates and I have not researched this, but sort of surprised the cost difference is so high. How long is your trip?

Last edited:
Having stayed at both, I wouldn't change. The Poly pool is a bit better, and the monorail is nice, but not $1000 nicer.
See if you can book a DVC studio rental from a place like David's. The price difference should be much better and the only thing you lose out on is daily housekeeping.

I’ll play devils advocate here and say it’s totally worth it. Stayed the first time this summer, and after the first day we were thinking of adding points on our DVC there. Although DVC rooms are different than the main building, I thought the rooms were beautiful and so spacious. The pools were lovely, and the music really helped keep with the theme. I didn’t mind the retro style of the buildings, either. We personally feel the deluxe resorts are worth the extra cost, but you need to be comfortable with that decision. Did you watch any videos on YouTube? They always have full resort video tours on there... would definitely help with making the best decision for your family. Good luck deciding!!! (PS - might want to consider renting DVC points! Might be a little cheaper!)

We love the Poly, but I don’t think it’s worth $1000 more PLUS losing a day of vacation. I stayed at CBR a long time ago, so my memory is very vague, but I’ve seen pictures of all the renovations and changes and I think it looks really, really nice! I’d keep the CBR reservation and use the $1000 on a fun experience or event.

We love doing poly... poly club even more. But losing a days vacation And a grand more.. no go in my book. Try David’s!

Poly is my dream resort but I won't stay because to me time is worth more than a room. If I ever got to a point where I was staying for a full 14 days or more and might lose one of those I might but not for 1000 dollars. I currently stay 9-10 days at a value because I enjoy longer trips.

Long story short. No it's not worth it to me.

I would look into renting DVC points. Oftentimes you can rent points for about the same or sometimes cheaper than the nightly rate at a moderate resort. There is a thread on here dedicated to people looking to rent their points out, or you can go with a broker....
I rented AKL DVC points through here and am paying less than what I would for a moderate (considerably less) and the lady I rented from is GREAT!

For me it would depend on how long your vacation is that you already have planned. If you're staying for 10 days and give up one day to stay the entire time at the Poly then I would consider it. But anything shorter I wouldn't give up a day.

A couple years ago, my financial situation was such that I was able to splurge on a Poly stay over Thanksgiving. I had originally wanted to stay at the Contemporary, but my wife convinced me to book the Poly, and after the trip, I was so glad she did. We have absolutely amazing memories of that trip.

That said, a thousand bucks is nothing to sneeze at. These days, my financial situation is much different, and when we visit the World, it’s offsite or we can’t go at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter