• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Need help - MASSIVE amounts of weight to lose

hi everyone

how are you all doing?
well done vern x x
ive lost 3lb this week at weigh in:yay: :yay:
speak to you later
bye x x

I got my new heart rate monitor watch yesterday:love: It is a Mio Pink Classic. I totally love it. No chest strap to wear-just press your fingers on the buttons on front. It tracks calories burned and heart rate and percentage of max heart rate you are at. It is kind of bulky for me, but since I only wear it when I run, its not that bad. It is surprising, though, how little calories you burn when exercising when it feels like so many!!!

I was still sore from my gardening over the weekend, but I ran this morning-upped my speed again, back to where I was before my "holiday hiatus". I filled out my registration for the next 5k race, coming up in 4 weeks. I am really looking forward to it, hoping that I can run by myself, so that I can run at my pace and no one elses. I would like to break 33 minutes, which I think I can do, my best so far is 34 minutes and change. I would be totally psyched if I could do under 30 minutes, but that is not going to happen this time, I don't think. But the time doesn't really matter, what matters is I am out there doing it. Moving my big ole (but getting smaller!) booty and doing it for ME.

madhouse mum-good job on your loss!!! You are doing really well. It can be hard to keep the momentum up, but just keep on keeping on! I already told my FIL that we are running 5 mornings on the ship while on our cruise, only 2 off days. Gotta keep going.

Hope everyone is well. Post up Sistahs, where have you all gone????

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

We leave in the morning (as in, less than 12 hours from now) and ask me if we're ready.

Go on, ask me....

NO!!!

I mean, I'm mostly ready, but I cannot believe how many loose ends there are, and things I'm forgetting even though I've written them down!

Anyway, love ya' sisters!

Ashley-

Girl, have a great time on your trip!!! Please give us all the sordid details when you get back!!! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Ok, I didn't weigh in last Friday because I was scared. I had a bad week last week and pretty much lived on fast food. I figured the scale would be bad, which would depress me, which would cause me to eat, which would start the whole circle again. I finally got up the courage to do my measurements though ( a few days later than I should have but still....) Anyway, I posted a sum of 2.75 inches lost this week:banana: :cheer2: Woo hoo! And, when I put a pair of pants on this morning that I haven't worn in a couple of weeks, I could button and zip them and then stick my arm down the front of them. I may just make my goal for Disney yet.

Ok everyone, have a great end of the week. Good luck with weigh ins (I may skip mine again because seeing the numbers is really depressing lately.) And keep drinking your water!

Wow thank you for the WARM welcome! I didn't know that about Julie on BL 4... I will have to check that out!!

PCOS DOES suck.. I went back on the modified protein sparing fast my Dr put me on 2 years ago that caused me to lose so much weight so quickly... I've been on it a week. I will weigh in tomorrow. *crossing fingers*

This time I'm drinking TONS of water. Yeesh. I'm drowning! lol.

I did make an appointment with a nutritionist at the Cleveland Clinic for May 28. Of course it's not covered under my insurance but she works with diabetics. PCOS is kind of the opposite of that so maybe she can help me?

Next week I will start walking and ease into working out. In the past I always jump right in and it never lasts. I'm so overweight right now I get out of breath so easily.. so I want to do it right so I don't get frustrated.

I go out of town on business in a few weeks... small connecting plains.. my biggest fear right now is the seatbelt. It was a tight fit last time in jan and I"m sure I've gained since then. I'm really nervous about that.

GOOD LUCK everyone! WE CAN DO THIS!

Good Morning, Sistahs!

Welcome to all our new Sistahs!

Madhouse - Congrats on the loss! Keep it up!

Vern - I love my heart rate monitor too! I have a Polar so I have the chest strap but I really don't mind it. My mom gets fustrated when we are done and I tell her what I burned compared to what she does. I just keep telling her that she does not have to lose that much and doesn't have a lot of extra weight like me so her heart doesn't have to work as hard. Good luck with the 5K.

Stacy - 2.75 inches lost! That is awesome! Isn't that the best feeling when you put on a pair of pant that were tight and they fit?!

Cinrell - Good luck! I hope the nutrionist can help you out! Start out slow and make small goals for yourself. I used to always put too much pressure on myself to lose fast and when I didn't I would give up. You can do this and you are worth it!

Well not much going on with me. I didn't weigh in this week. I think I am going to weigh in every other week now. I got my tickets for MVMCP today :banana: :santa: I am so excited for my December trip! Sunday is the March of Dimes 5k walk. Wish me luck!

Have a great day Sistahs! :hug:
Michele

Stacy - 2.75 inches lost! That is awesome! Isn't that the best feeling when you put on a pair of pant that were tight and they fit?!

I got my tickets for MVMCP today :banana: :santa: I am so excited for my December trip! Sunday is the March of Dimes 5k walk. Wish me luck!

Have a great day Sistahs! :hug:
Michele

Thanks for the warm wishes. I am so excited. Now, just to keep going and not stall out this time. A 5K walk!!! Good luck. I'll be cheering you on from St. Louis :cheer2: And double yay!:banana: :cool1: on the MVMCP tickets. I saw that listed at the top. I"m calling for my MNSSHP tickets as soon as I get off work today.

I can't believe I get to post another loss this week. I got on the scale for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks and I lost 7 pounds!!!:cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :yay: I think actually booking my vacation to Disney has given me some great motivation. So everyone out there, keep on keeping on. Hang in there and drink your water!

Hey Sistahs! Happy Friday!

Stacey - You go girl!!!! That is awesome!!! :cheer2: Did you get your MNSSHP tix yet? Sending some pixiedust: your way to get the date you want!

Have a great weekend Sistahs! Hopefully it is beautiful this weekend where you live and you can get out, get some exercise and enjoy the weather!

Michele :beach:

I just feel the need to post. I too have PCOS and one (one of many) things I hate about this syndrome is the fact that you gain weight so easily, but the take off can be so hard. I have struggled for so many years with my weight and, I don't know............. I feel so frustrated. I start each day with such good intentions......... but here I am still fat. I can't even use our DL trip as a good motivation to get healthy. I feel like I am in such a rut. I eat out of bordem and after a stressful situation has passed. The thing that scares me the most is that I have a little girl that looks up to me and I just can't seem to find the motivation to be a good role model for her. I really don't want her to have to struggle with weight as she grows up. I hope she takes after her father in that area. I swear the man just has to think about losing 5 pounds and it is gone by the next day.:headache: Me, I think about losing 5 and gain 10:laughing: .

I know that I need to work on my water intake. :drinking:

Lately I have actually been slowing down in my chewing and have found that I get full before my plate is empty. Imagine that!:rotfl: I don't know if you have found yourself inhaling the food and not really eating? I do that all the time. That is why I am really trying to chew my food (don't talk to me while I eat, I need to count to at least 20 chews before I swallow:laughing: ). And as I mentioned, I have found food still on my plate and my brain saying "you're full". It is hard though to not go back to old eating habits.

Sorry for the rambling, in short, CAN I JOIN? :flower3:

Davidsprincess - WELCOME!!!! Of course you can join. Come on in and share your successes and your struggles. I have found this place to be wonderfully supportive and I credit it for my recent successes. Good luck!

Thanks for including me. I feel really good today. I was in a much better mood last night after posting. It really helps to talk things out with people who know what you are struggling with. Today has been really good so far. I feel like I have been making good healthy choices. And yes, I have been counting my chews!:rotfl:

Has anyone ever had this happen to them: You have been making really good food choices for awhile, even watching your portion control and trying to listen to your body, and then one meal you just feel like not sticking with it? You just want to eat like a normal "skinny" person? Eat what you want, when you want and how much you want? You just feel tired of it all? I do sometimes. It really can get me down when I feel like this. I don't know why it happens. I think that I am just weird or am having some miss-firing in the brain:laughing:

Davidsprincess -
One of the ways I learned to "control" my cravings is by having a free day once a week. I learned that little technique with Body for Life. On free day - you can eat what you want. In Body for Life, they also said eat as much as you want but I try to moderate that a little. I find I can easily get through 6 days a week in control if I know that there is a day coming up that I can eat anything. Every time I get a craving, I say - "hmmm, something to get on MOnday." I don't know if this would work for you, but I find it a great motivating technique.

Stacy - I know that having a free day should and does work, I just can't wrap that around my brain. I have the "all or nothing" mentality. If I don't stick with something just so, then I have blown it. I know that it sets me up for failer. Nobody can do anything perfectly (yes, I just admitted to not being perfect:laughing:. SHH, don't tell anyone else). And that in a nut shell is why I am so heavy. I can lay the blame on everything and everyone else but me. It is so hard to overcome this way of thinking!!
I need to take each day as it comes. As a nurse who I worked with for my hormones told me, "Do what you should at least 80% of the time and don't worry about the 20%" - Easier said than done.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.......Wait, no, Today, today, today.........:)

Davidsprincess I'm like you.... a free day would mess me up. When going to an endocrinologist for my PCOS, he told me on my fast one day could set me back 2 weeks (takes your body out of ketosis for those doing adkins type of diets).

Anyway.. GOOD LUCK to everyone and KEEP IT UP!

I stepped on the scale last friday (1 week into the diet) and lost 4.4 lbs...

Last time I did this diet it came off faster. But at least it's a loss.

My only concern is that may have been just loss b/c it had been.. ahem "that time" for me

I guess Friday we'll see. I"m not stepping on the scale more than once a week because I know I'll be disappointed. Last time I did the diet under a doctor's guidance I"d step on several times a DAY and it was encouraging I lost so fast. I know second time around is harder so... once a week is it:(

Morning, Sistahs!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Welcome to the group davidsprincess! We are here for you through your successes as well as any struggles. We have all been there and are still going through this rollercoaster ride of weight loss. This is a great group of ladies and they are all very supportive so feel free to post as often as you need to!

CinRell - Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!

Stacey - I also enjoy "cheat" days. I think they help shock my system.

Well I completed my 5K walk yesterday in an hour and burned over 900 calories! :banana: So hopefull with that and all the other walking I did last week helped me achieve my fitness goal for the week. (My heart rate monitor "awards" you with a gold cup if you do 75% or more of your fitness goal for the week. I want that cup back again!)

Have a great day Sistahs!

Michele

I know that for PCOS a low carb diet is the best. I just have such a hard time with it. I mean, I could kill someone in order to get a carb!:rotfl: Even when I am eating the kinds of carbs that I should. It is so hard to stay on for the amount of time that I would need to in order to feel like I look "normal".

The one thing that I did 2 years ago that helped me to lose 30 pounds was eating until I sighed. After that sigh, I took one more bite and pushed the plate away. It was really amazing how it worked. Now for the life of me I can't stick with it. Oh and yes I did gain the weight back and it brought friends.:rotfl2:

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!
Celebrate your successes whatever they may be. Exercising, losing weight, making a healthy choice to eat. Whatever your success, celebrate! And remember: 1 pound lost is better than 1 pound gained!

I know that for PCOS a low carb diet is the best. I just have such a hard time with it. I mean, I could kill someone in order to get a carb!:rotfl: Even when I am eating the kinds of carbs that I should. It is so hard to stay on for the amount of time that I would need to in order to feel like I look "normal".

The one thing that I did 2 years ago that helped me to lose 30 pounds was eating until I sighed. After that sigh, I took one more bite and pushed the plate away. It was really amazing how it worked. Now for the life of me I can't stick with it. Oh and yes I did gain the weight back and it brought friends.:rotfl2:

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!
Celebrate your successes whatever they may be. Exercising, losing weight, making a healthy choice to eat. Whatever your success, celebrate! And remember: 1 pound lost is better than 1 pound gained!

A sigh diet? I never heard of that :)
My weight brought TWENTY friends.

I'd be happy to share recipes wiht you that trick your body into thinking you're getting carbs!!!

I have to start exercising. I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! Seriously. HATE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter