• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help - MASSIVE amounts of weight to lose

The sigh diet. You eat, chew slowly and then you will notice that you just naturally, sigh. It is your body's natural way of telling you that you are full/satisfied. I would take 1 bite more "just in case" and I found that I would feel, hold onto your seat, FULL/SATISFIED! Give it a try, you really need to be paying attention, so if at all possible, no distractions. You will be eating, enjoying the food and then..........you take this breath and there you go, your body is saying "all done". I had heard about this actress doing this years ago and losing a lot of weight and I thought that it made sense. A friend of mine knows a lady who did this as well and lost TONS of weight. And she did this before she started to exercise.

I'm like you, I HATE to exercise!! I love to think about it, though. I mean, I think about joining a gym and how much fun it would be, but in reality I would hate to go and find every excuse in the book to not go. So I try to walk here and there. If I can do 10,000 steps a day then I am happy. It may not be arobic walking, but I am not sitting on my butt doing nothing either.:laughing: And yes, running around the house doing housework does count in those 10,000 steps.

PM me with some of those recepies (or post, others here might like to try them as well) :thumbsup2

Good Morning everyone!

I'm popping in to say that I FINALLY got to my 35 lb mark! It took 7 weeks to lose those 5 lbs, but they are gone! I felt so good about it, that I went for a walk when I got home.

I've been reading some of the comments from the past few days and i just wanted to weigh in (pun intended :goodvibes ). As a PCOS'er, I do give myself a break after weigh in. I have one meal that day that I don't count and then I use my points for the rest of the day. I found this does two things for me. First of all, I get to enjoy a meal without worrying about the points. But more importantly, by making it only one meal, I'm still accountable for the rest of the day. I get 26 points a day right now, so on Wednesdays, I'm spreading that over 2 meals and a snack or two, instead of 3 meals and snacks.

I don't think the one "cheat" meal hampers my progress very much. I figure that I'm going to lose weight very slowly anyway unless I severely restrict my carbs and I'm just not willing to do that. Besides, I usually feel awful on low carb diets. I think what's different for me this time is that while I'm acknowledging the fact that PCOS makes weight loss difficult, it doesn't make it impossible. Everyone has obstacles is their way and this happens to be mine.

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm off to get my large glass of water.

Carol

Hey,

Where is everyone???? I know I'm not one to talk since I disappear for months at a time. :goodvibes

Anyhow, I'm kinda freaking out this morning, but trying really hard not too. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up 5 lbs from yesterday! I know that it's not really 5 lbs of fat, but still it's kind of disconcerting. I had a pretty good day yesterday. I exercised, drank my water and wrote down all my food choices. I really hate when you do everything the "right" way and the scale slaps you down.

Anyhow, I'm NOT going to let this ruin my day. I'm going to go about my day today in the normal way and hope for the best when I step on the scale tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Carol

I haven't checked in but I have been doing much better. Drinking 2 liters of water a day and really keeping my calories down. I joined a contest on Xanga and it is keeping me motivated.

Hey Sistahs!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Carol - Congrats on the 35 pound mark! Don't get discouraged about those five pounds! You are just having an off day. You can do this. Do you weigh yourself everyday? Just wondering because I used to do that and it would discourage me and I would give up. I weigh in once a week or once every two weeks now and I am staying on track.

Disneydreaming- Congrats on joining the contest and getting your water in!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! And to all the moms out there Happy Mother's Day! :flower3:

Michele

Michele - Thanks for the encouragement. I do weigh myself every day and a 1 or 2 lb fluctuation doesn't bother me a bit. The 5 pounds was a surprise! :lmao:

I usually like my daily weigh in because it re-focuses me on my goals and reminds me of how far I've come since last October.

I've got a neighborhood cookout tonight and I think I'll take my own 1 point hot dogs so I can enjoy some dessert. The Hebrew National brand that I love were on sale today at Super WM for $2.50 a package. That's the best price I've seen in a long time, so I bought 6 packages. Good thing the whole family likes these!

Carol

Just checking in to see how all my Sistahs are doing. Post when you can!

Have a great day!

Hi Sistahs!!! I am just back from my cruise-we had a great time. I did do quite a bit of walking and even ran a few times. I did not overeat but I am dehydrated as I know I did not drink enough water and a lot of the food is salty. But I am back on track tomorrow-gotta get in gear for my 5k in 2 weeks.

DH is getting me a Wii fit when they come out-looking forward to that as an alternative exercise!!

Hope all is well with all of you. Keep on keepin on!!!

Vern - Welcome back from your cruise. Let us know how the Wii Fit is once you've gotten it and tried it out. I love doing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii, but I'm not sure about Wii Fit. Every preview I've seen just shows the yoga poses and the hula hoop and I'm just not sure if I will like it (even though I do like yoga).

Carol

I'm getting a Wii Fit too! I am so excited for it lol. Today I went walking with a friend from work. We did 2 miles. We decided we are going to make it a weekly date, which is great. I am SO determined to ditch this extra person I have been carrying around since I got pregnant- and I don't mean the baby! :rotfl:

I'm getting a Wii Fit too! I am so excited for it lol. Today I went walking with a friend from work. We did 2 miles. We decided we are going to make it a weekly date, which is great. I am SO determined to ditch this extra person I have been carrying around since I got pregnant- and I don't mean the baby! :rotfl:

Oh good! Now I'll have 2 people to review Wii Fit for me.

Good job on your walk. I just got back from one around my neighborhood. Not sure of the miles, but I do a 25-30 minute circuit depending on how fast I'm going.

Have a great day everyone.

Carol

Oh good! Now I'll have 2 people to review Wii Fit for me.

Good job on your walk. I just got back from one around my neighborhood. Not sure of the miles, but I do a 25-30 minute circuit depending on how fast I'm going.

Have a great day everyone.

Carol

I only know how far it was because we did that walking/jogging path at the park. I do want to get a pedometer though for when I'm NOT on a path or when I get a treadmill. (wishful thinking :laughing:)

Morning, Sistahs!

Vern - Welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise! I am interested in starting running. Well I have been trying. Is there a program you did that helped you begin?

I'm also getting the Wii Fit! I preordered it from Toys R Us so hopefully I can go pick it up today and try it out.

disneydreaming- That is awesome you have a walk buddy! Keep up the great work!

Carol - I usually walk for that amount of time too. Never really sure of the miles either. But hey at least we are out there moving!

Well I joined the 10,000 steps challenge at work and it kicks off next week. I am really excited about this and I hope my team kicks butt!

Have a great day Sistahs!

Michele

Good Morning everyone!

Well, it's a rainy day here, and I do mean pouring down buckets. I decided to take a day off from exercising since I had already gotten in 4 sessions this week (I count from Wed. my weigh in day to the next Tues.). I had Tivo'd a few episodes of You Are What You Eat and decided to watch them before the kids got home from school. Have any of you seen this show? It's on BBC America. A nutitionist goes to homes of very overweight people and helps them change their eating habits. I love it and I always get some interesting ideas of new healthy foods to try. Today the nutritionist was very adamant about B vitamins and getting them in your diet from healthy sources which were things like leafy greens, nuts and whole grains. I've been eating spinach salads about every other day lately, and lots of whole grains, so hopefully, I'm good with my B's. :goodvibes

Michele - Now your my 3rd reviewer for the Wii Fit. Please let us know how you like it. If the sistahs all give glowing reviews, I know I'm going to have to break down and buy it, so I can be a cool kid too. :rotfl:

hi everyone

vern glad you had a lovely time

i have lost another pound its coming off really slow
but better off then on,

i have the wii fit, its great everyone in the house loves it, the games are fantastic they really get you going, it tracks your weight and its really cute too, i havent really been into the wii but the wii fit is brill. the good thing is that you work to your own pace, every day when you go on it measures your wii fit age, bmi, and weight(only if you want this bit) which is good, when you go on the games the more you do it and get better at it, you then unlock more games, yoga positions and things, its been the best thing we bought in a long time.

speak to you soon
x x x

Hi all,

I just wanted to report, that after weeks of frustratingly slow weight loss (.6 or .8 lbs. a week), I had a 2.2 lb loss at my meeting today! That brings me to 37 lbs. lost. :banana: :banana: :banana: I'm closing in on 40 lbs. which will be 1/3 of the way to my goal.

Madhouse Mum - Thanks for the review of the Wii Fit. I saw it at Costco today for $80 which I think is a decent price. If it gets a few more glowing reviews from the chicks here, then I might take the plunge.

Carol

hi all

here in the uk the wii fit is selling at £69.99
and worth it too...
well done carol on the weight loss
how long has it took you so far nearly 40lb thats fantastic well done you x
hope everyone is ok
x x x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter