Need help with PayPal... Please Read, Please Help!

flyinglizard

DIS Veteran
Recently, a friend won one of my eBay auctions. Before I contacted him, he placed payment on my old PayPal account. I emailed him and said that I no longer used Paypal, and asked if he could please send a check or money order after retracting my unclaimed payment from PayPal.

When he went to investigate how that could be done, he found $700 in charges against his account, for purchases that he had not made. Unfortunately, he had given PayPal his bank account number (as they NOW require) and the money had been withdrawn from his account. Checks began bouncing...

He asked me for advice, but I am not familiar with PayPal since I stopped using it after they asked for a bank account number to "verify" my account, and to continue doing business.

Can anyone offer any insight into the problem, and suggest how to proceed from this point?

Thats scarry! I don't ahve any advice..other than contact paypal directly. However I recently registered there and you only have to give out your bank account info if you want to spend more than 1,000 dolars.

I am not familiar with all avenues available to him. But, I do know that he needs to file a complaint immediately. He will have to file a separate form for each of the erroneous transactions. To save himself time, he will want to go into his history file where each transaction is listed. He needs to click on each and printout the transaction record page. With all of those in hand, it will be easy to run through the complaint forms as many times as he needs to.

I hope this all works out for him.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter