Need help with reservations. Book by the time needed or the number of guests?

mickeyhereicome

Mouseketeer
We are a group of 9. I am making reservations and couldn't find a reservation for that party size so I am splitting it into 5 and 4. I am looking for a 7:30pm. I was able to book the party of 4 at 7:30 but the party of 5 gives me 6:50pm available. If I search another party of 4 it gives me 7:35pm. Should I book the time I need or the party size I need?

Always book by party size. I was able to tweak times so we ended up with very close or the same. Also try party of 6 instead of 5.

ETA: I've been able to change times on hard to get reservations 3 times now. Just keep working it.

I also noticed when I looked for 5 and 5 or 5 and 6 I got the same times but when I looked for 4 it gave me entirely different times

We are a group of 9. I am making reservations and couldn't find a reservation for that party size so I am splitting it into 5 and 4. I am looking for a 7:30pm. I was able to book the party of 4 at 7:30 but the party of 5 gives me 6:50pm available. If I search another party of 4 it gives me 7:35pm. Should I book the time I need or the party size I need?
Book 5 at 6:50, then show up to the restaurant with all 9 of you at 6:30 and explain the situation.

We are traveling with a group of 11, and we split most of our ADR's. I just tried to get reservations that were close in time (10-15 minutes apart) and we're planning to pop in early and ask them if possible if they can seat us together or near one another.

Always book by party size. I was able to tweak times so we ended up with very close or the same. Also try party of 6 instead of 5.

ETA: I've been able to change times on hard to get reservations 3 times now. Just keep working it.
Book 5 at 6:50, then show up to the restaurant with all 9 of you at 6:30 and explain the situation.
We are traveling with a group of 11, and we split most of our ADR's. I just tried to get reservations that were close in time (10-15 minutes apart) and we're planning to pop in early and ask them if possible if they can seat us together or near one another.
So I was able to book two parties of 4 at the same time but we are a party of 9. If I try for a party of 5 it gives me 9pm. Any amount 4 and under I have my pick of times. Should I book another reservation for 1 under a different account and hope they can add one chair?

So I was able to book two parties of 4 at the same time but we are a party of 9. If I try for a party of 5 it gives me 9pm. Any amount 4 and under I have my pick of times. Should I book another reservation for 1 under a different account and hope they can add one chair?
Yes, I'd get another ADR for 1 (or 2, or 3, or even 4 if you have to) around the same time as the two parties of 4. All 9 of you should show up at least 10-15 minutes before the earliest ADR time, check in with the CM (not on MDE), tell them you're together and would like to sit as close together as possible. They'll do their best to keep you together, but be prepared to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter