Need help with SSR

I have never stayed at SSRS, but im booked for July 07, and I'm really excited.

As far as this duct tape and cord business, I have grown up going to disney world and just can't believe it.... I just can't imagin Disney, of all companies, allowing that to happen, and at a DVC resort ontop of it.....your sis must be confused....im willing to bet my trip on it!

You know, when I cook something that I know my kids would like, and they make a face when it gets put in front of them - I know I am doomed because they have already decided not to like whatever I made. I make them try it - but it's never any good because they are already convinced they won't like it.

I can honestly say that I have never had a totally "issue-free" trip. There have always been some things wrong. The thing is, I decide that I love each resort before I stay there - and little frustrations or imperfections are not something I dwell on. I could some back with a negative report about just about any stay if I had decided to look for the worst and the inconvenient because I was prejudiced, unhappy, or ungrateful.

I think that if your sister is already complaining about where she is going to stay, you're in for a long trip. There will be things that go wrong, and it sounds like she'll be looking for them. You may want to suggest that she make her reservations where she wants to make them so that she has a greater chance of enjoying herself.

I highly doubt duct tape would be holding up anything at ANY Disney resort. I don't think they would even consider that at the values :teeth:

You can check out some pics from around SSR using the link in my signature...no duct tape anywhere :goodvibes I don't have any room pics yet (but will after our trip in just 10 days:cool1: ) but you can get a decent sense of the resort.

We love SSR! We don't mind walking, love the Artist's Palette, love High Rock Spring and the quiet pools, and completely enjoy the peaceful nature of the resort. Have a wonderful trip!

My sister just called me freaking out about our trip to SSR in June. She went online to do some research about the resort and came across all sorts of negative reviews. Some of the reviews told of things being held together with cords, closet doors falling and furniture falling apart. I told her that SSR is not that old and I don't think Disney would let the resort fall apart like that. Well, she isn't listening to me and she is driving me crazy. Can someone tell me if the older sections of the resort are falling apart inside and outside?

Thank you!

If one of my siblings or DH's siblings called with that type of call, I think our responce would be," Would you like to stay somewhere else, Allstars, Pop, Contempary or GF? Because SSR is incredible and we're staying there. :) " SSR is a beautiful resort and we absolutely love it!JMHO
Not all subscribe to that type of review and to be fair to each his own.

That being said, we have yet to ever see any problems with SSR or experienced some of the things others have unfortunately posted negatively about the trips there.

Never seen any chords, never seen anything falling apart, and it's quite
a wonderful place to spend a lovely WDW vacation. If she doesn't feel reassured by anything but a few negative posts over all the great ones, then maybe at this point in the planning she really should stay elsewhere and you all can enjoy all that SSR has to offer. ANDDDD, the new Movie Screen at the main pool sounds incredible for a great way to chill out with the little ones at night.

Good luck. You probably want your Dsis to be happy. Just let her follow her own conclusions if it doesn't pan out soon. You sound like a great brother!~

~DW:3dglasses

Okay, she was looking at Saratoga Villas not Saratoga Springs. I told her to come to the Dis and look at the pictures and other reviews. I also explained that I need a vacation free from stress. Life is already stressful and I don't need it on my vacation. I want to enjoy the smells and everything else SSR has to offer. She actually listened to me!!!

Thank you for all the information. You guys are GREAT!!!!

Okay, she was looking at Saratoga Villas not Saratoga Springs. I told her to come to the Dis and look at the pictures and other reviews. I also explained that I need a vacation free from stress. Life is already stressful and I don't need it on my vacation. I want to enjoy the smells and everything else SSR has to offer. She actually listened to me!!!

Cool! I thought that must have been what happened when I read some of the reviews for Saratoga Villas! Too bad the names are so similar. I'm glad you have it all figured out. :goodvibes

That's actually funny. Maybe all those folks dissing SSR here are just thinking of that other imposter. :)

The reviews of SV made me nervous. That latest review was particularly terrifying. I can see why your sis panicked.

I hope she enjoys reading reviews about the real SSR. But if she's still negative I'd be forewarned you have a potential party pooper on your hands. Experience on the DIS has taught me if people are determined to dislike SSR they will find a dozen reasons to trash it.

I find reviews like that very hard to believe, SSR is so new, I very much doubt things are falling apart just yet. Relax SSR looks beautiful, you'll have a wonderful time.

T
x

If these are your points, stop trying to convince her to stay at SSR. If it was my sister I would say "Fine, take it or leave it!" If you are treating for the room, she is being very ungracious for even bring this up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter