Need some Advice

Exp.626Stitch

Mouseketeer
We are looking at getting married at the Swan and Dolphin in September 2007. We will have about 30-35 guests and don't really want to spend $10000 min for a custom wedding, since we just bought our first home. The Swan doesn't put as strict restrictions on how many guests you can have for an intimate ceremony, so that is the reason we will not be booking a Disney Intimate.
That being said, we are trying to decide on a great place to have a reception after. We want to have a private room that can hold that many people. We haven't decided if we will do lunch or dinner but are open to both.

Does anyone have any suggestions??:confused3

Thanks for your help

Tracey

For what it's worth, I would not go through the Swan Dolphin catering.(I have had trouble with them. Ugh!:mad: But for the ceremony, my planner has been super awesome!!:thumbsup2 ) I would definitely go with a restaurant for the reception. There are quite a few places you can have it! I am having mine at the Blue Zoo. It is a little pricey, but WOW it is so nice! and they can definitely fit the amount of guests you have in their private room. They are super nice and helpful too!

Some other Swan brides I know are using Fulton's for their wedding reception. The only thing is for Fulton's you would have to have some kind of transportation to Down Town Disney.

HHhhmm, where else? There is Shula's at the Dolphin, but they aren't very wedding like to me. They have a sports theme. Oh, and Gulliver's is going to be completely renovated by April I believe, so that may be an option. Not sure.

I can't remember them all right now, but I am sure some of the others here will have some great ideas!

Are the weddings at Swan/dolphin booked completely seperate from Disney? I just got engaged on Christmas Eve and would LOVE to have a Disney wedding, but I just cant afford it!

fsudisney, they are a completly different company. I looked into them, they are so nice they will email you their complete package in email. best wishes

I've looked into Fulton's and I like the look of their private rooms and how there is an outside patio for my guests to use for some fresh air. We will definitely be able to meet their food and beverage min. ($2000). However, the transportation may be a little hard and I'm trying to keep all my options open.

ferretxxxferret- Blue zoo is mostly Seafood right? How many fit in their private room? If you don't mind me asking what is your menu and how much is it going to cost you?

Thanks for the help everyone and if you can think of anywhere else let me know.

:thanks: :disrocks:

I've looked into Fulton's and I like the look of their private rooms and how there is an outside patio for my guests to use for some fresh air. We will definitely be able to meet their food and beverage min. ($2000). However, the transportation may be a little hard and I'm trying to keep all my options open.

:thanks: :disrocks:

I am using Portobello Yacht Club (same management that runs Fulton's) and their F&B minimum is was quoted at a lower price for me. I figured that most guests will rent a car so they can drive over to Downtown Disney. Those who do not rent a car can pool with someone else, and we will help coordinate this. I figure people also have enough time to take the bus from the Swan or Boardwalk to Downtown Disney since we will use about 45 minutes to tak epics. I have also looked into renting a mini bus which hold about 20 people and I was quoted around $600 for 4 hours from several companies. Not sure if that is in your budget, but it is an option.

HTH
O

Yes, Blue Zoo is a seafood restaurant. But, they have other things like chicken and beef too! :thumbsup2 I have a guest who is allergic to seafood, and they are accomodating her. You can actually see their menu online:
http://www.swandolphinmeetings.com/menus/privatedining/bluezoo.pdf This is on the swan and dolphin website.

Our minimum is $3600 for the private room. However, you may not need the whole room. It can be separated into three rooms, which require a lower minimum.

Hi Keisha!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter