Need to vent!

As long as we are venting... I am getting very offended by the number of anti-Biden ads that are currently showing up on just about every Disney message boards I have visited. We are not supposed to talk politics, but I guess it's ok to profit from them. I'm very close to finding some other pass time. Probably should anyway.
You need an adblocker.

As long as we are venting... I am getting very offended by the number of anti-Biden ads that are currently showing up on just about every Disney message boards I have visited. We are not supposed to talk politics, but I guess it's ok to profit from them. I'm very close to finding some other pass time. Probably should anyway.
I not disputing your statement but I only see ads for personalized DIS face masks and Dreams Unlimited.

Apparently your SIL and your brother don't know anyone who has died from Covid-19. I know 5 people who have died, one in his 30's with no underlying conditions.

What can I say... selfish is all that comes to mind. I hate reading about these types of scenarios.
I don't know anybody who has died; I don't even know anybody who's tested positive - not one single person, not even a friend-of-a-friend. It doesn't cause me to behave the way this person did but then again, I'm not a total butt-hole, so... :rolleyes1
I don't get why human decency has gone out the window in 2020.
::yes:: Yep. That about sums it up.

Ok, just putting this out there. I believe in wearing masks. It’s the decent thing to do and yes I understand there are some people who can’t physically wear them. I wear a mask every time I go out of my house. Here’s my rant: My brother called me and was talking about my sister-in-law’s trip to Walmart, this was before the mandatory masks, where she got fed up with how long the elderly lady, who was wearing a mask, in front of her was taking in the aisle. So she walked up behind her, stuck her tongue out and coughed! 😤 My sister-in-law is very anti-mask and thinks that the whole COVID issue is a hoax. 🙄 Plus my brother told me that she actually laughs at people in public who are wearing masks. This is a 59 year old woman! My brother was laughing about it the whole time! I am so disgusted with both of them that I could care less if I ever talk to them again. Thanks for letting me vent.
People like them need to be pitied. I think. Hopefully they won't become death statistics.

I might cough back and then tell them I was just tested positive.

Okay, I wouldn't, but I'd want to.

I would call your SIL out and ask why she thought that was appropriate. She doesn't know what that lady has that might make her susceptible to anything, including regular germs we all carry. She doesn't know that the poor woman might be battling cancer or maybe her husband is waiting for a transplant or just that she's lost a friend to the disease and wants to be careful. Mostly, your SIL doesn't know if this lady has been exposed and is trying to be considerate of others... unlike your SIL. Is she that important that she needs to make someone miserable because she voluntarily waited in an aisle a minute more than she wanted? Is that worth having that poor woman's life on her conscience? And how would she feel if someone had done that to her mother? Or your mother? Ask these things and see what kind of response you get. If nothing else, she might think twice before doing it again.
My SIL is basically an ignorant moron.

Plus my brother told me that she actually laughs at people in public who are wearing masks. This is a 59 year old woman! My brother was laughing about it the whole time! I am so disgusted with both of them that I could care less if I ever talk to them again. Thanks for letting me vent.
Anyone who has read most any of my posts might come away with the (correct) opinion that I'm not terribly proud of us as a species lately. If you would like a reason or a rationale for not despising your brother and his wife, I'll try. If you would prefer to remain disgusted with them, I completely understand that as well.

This isn't the first time I have seen a large mass of people behave badly. I was wrapping a job in Long Island City the morning the WTC was attacked. Most of us remember how the city and the country came together, and we did mostly, in the aftermath of that trauma. But in the moment. As I was driving back to my apartment, knowing that my wife would be on the subway in Manhattan at the time the first tower fell, the scene on the streets was often chaotic to say the least. I realized that all of these people would stop at nothing to get somewhere they felt safe. In that moment, I knew that if I had plowed through a crowd of kids (I didn't) I would have probably kept right on going. Then that moment passed and things settled down and got crazy in other ways but the immediate fear and uncertainty came and went in the span of half a day.

We haven't passed through the other side of our moment of trauma yet and until we do, many of us will behave badly. Think of it along the lines of how sometimes... sometimes, you let someone off the hook for rudeness when that person had had a bit too much to drink. Or how maybe you'll forgive someone who snaps at you while they're driving in bad weather, the stress of the situation makes rational discourse difficult.

If it sounds like I'm trying awfully hard to let rotten people off the hook for bad behavior, I absolutely am. But holding on to anger changes me into a person I don't like, and in another set of circumstances it may well be you and I behaving poorly. If it happens that you get through the next few months showing too much tolerance, well that's a pretty easy regret to carry.

Anyone who has read most any of my posts might come away with the (correct) opinion that I'm not terribly proud of us as a species lately. If you would like a reason or a rationale for not despising your brother and his wife, I'll try. If you would prefer to remain disgusted with them, I completely understand that as well.

This isn't the first time I have seen a large mass of people behave badly. I was wrapping a job in Long Island City the morning the WTC was attacked. Most of us remember how the city and the country came together, and we did mostly, in the aftermath of that trauma. But in the moment. As I was driving back to my apartment, knowing that my wife would be on the subway in Manhattan at the time the first tower fell, the scene on the streets was often chaotic to say the least. I realized that all of these people would stop at nothing to get somewhere they felt safe. In that moment, I knew that if I had plowed through a crowd of kids (I didn't) I would have probably kept right on going. Then that moment passed and things settled down and got crazy in other ways but the immediate fear and uncertainty came and went in the span of half a day.

We haven't passed through the other side of our moment of trauma yet and until we do, many of us will behave badly. Think of it along the lines of how sometimes... sometimes, you let someone off the hook for rudeness when that person had had a bit too much to drink. Or how maybe you'll forgive someone who snaps at you while they're driving in bad weather, the stress of the situation makes rational discourse difficult.

If it sounds like I'm trying awfully hard to let rotten people off the hook for bad behavior, I absolutely am. But holding on to anger changes me into a person I don't like, and in another set of circumstances it may well be you and I behaving poorly. If it happens that you get through the next few months showing too much tolerance, well that's a pretty easy regret to carry.
I totally understand what you’re saying and if this was the only instance of my SIL acting like this then I might regretfully let her slide but she’s literally a POS and I am fed up and the fact that my brother thinks she’s so funny. I’m done!

Ok, just putting this out there. I believe in wearing masks. It’s the decent thing to do and yes I understand there are some people who can’t physically wear them. I wear a mask every time I go out of my house. Here’s my rant: My brother called me and was talking about my sister-in-law’s trip to Walmart, this was before the mandatory masks, where she got fed up with how long the elderly lady, who was wearing a mask, in front of her was taking in the aisle. So she walked up behind her, stuck her tongue out and coughed! 😤 My sister-in-law is very anti-mask and thinks that the whole COVID issue is a hoax. 🙄 Plus my brother told me that she actually laughs at people in public who are wearing masks. This is a 59 year old woman! My brother was laughing about it the whole time! I am so disgusted with both of them that I could care less if I ever talk to them again. Thanks for letting me vent.
Your brother and SIL sound like jerks completely devoid of empathy. If you’re able to, I’d make clear how much you disagree with them because while confrontations are super uncomfortable, IMO it’s important to call out crappy acts like that. At the very least, people should have enough self-awareness to not brag about shameful behavior! Why are so many people shamelessly awful these days!! (Nevermind, I know the answer to this). Also, intentionally coughing on people during a pandemic can definitely be considered assault. I feel so bad for that poor woman just trying to do her shopping—imagine how upset she must have felt! Especially if she has a health condition or lives with someone who does :(

It's discouraging to find out that friends you previously respected are "maskholes."

Seeing people's pictures on their facebook pages has been eyeopening. It bothers me even more that they are posting pictures showing them not following covid recommendations that the fact that they aren't following them.
And these non mask wearers, going to large gatherings and not social distancing are the Same People saying Covid is the fault of Everyone, but them... likely spreading it. Sad and selfish.

Interesting that you brought up the WTC. There was chaos and fear that day. I remember one interview that I only saw once, live. A man had just gotten off the last elevator to make it down, I think, tower 1. A reporter stuck a camera and mike in his face and asked him about his narrow escape. He told about being in the elevator and everyone panicking. Then, the elevator stopped on the next lower floor and he saw a bunch of people who were trying to get on. He said he just pushed that 'close doors' button for all it was worth so they could get down, themselves.

You can imagine why that interview was never played again. I wonder how, in the calm reflection of his escape, he thought about his action, as those doors of the last elevator closed with all those people waiting. What a thing to have to live with, but I hope he got therapy for it.

People do things in the midst of panic. But the anti-maskers aren't panicking. They are denying. They are calm and pretending there's no reason to worry and laughing at those who are trying to be cautious. They are trying to actively intimidate people just being careful. And it is ultimately making things worse.

These are the people in Independence Day (the movie) who were standing under the UFO welcoming them and asking to board their ships.

Ad Block Plus.

You're welcome.
Thanks for letting me know about something that is obvious, but I am not going to deal with Ad Blockers on a site that gets postal if any of us state a political preference, but still take money for them to publicly state one side. It isn't which side they are allowing it is that they are allowing ANY AT ALL. We can't do it but it is OK to do it as long as they get paid. Hypocrisy isn't good no matter who is displaying it. I come here to escape the crap that is going on outside my bubble, not have to look at it with no chance to respond one way or the other.

Thanks for letting me know about something that is obvious, but I am not going to deal with Ad Blockers on a site that gets postal if any of us state a political preference, but still take money for them to publicly state one side. It isn't which side they are allowing it is that they are allowing ANY AT ALL. We can't do it but it is OK to do it as long as they get paid. Hypocrisy isn't good no matter who is displaying it. I come here to escape the crap that is going on outside my bubble, not have to look at it with no chance to respond one way or the other.
You don't have to look at it if you install an ad blocker.

The site doesn't get any money from clicks and you don't have to look at any ads. Win win for you.

Interesting that you brought up the WTC. There was chaos and fear that day. I remember one interview that I only saw once, live. A man had just gotten off the last elevator to make it down, I think, tower 1. A reporter stuck a camera and mike in his face and asked him about his narrow escape. He told about being in the elevator and everyone panicking. Then, the elevator stopped on the next lower floor and he saw a bunch of people who were trying to get on. He said he just pushed that 'close doors' button for all it was worth so they could get down, themselves.

You can imagine why that interview was never played again. I wonder how, in the calm reflection of his escape, he thought about his action, as those doors of the last elevator closed with all those people waiting. What a thing to have to live with, but I hope he got therapy for it.

That does sound horrible, but I think in that case it's understandable. If he had waited and let them all on, they might not have made it out in time and ALL of them would have died.

I believe most internet based ads are more "pool" ads. They are not filled by the website itself. The website contracts with a company (Google?) to provide the ads. The website probably has no idea who the actual advertisers are.

That’s a horrible thing to do even when there’s no pandemic going on. Lovely person. Covid is real and masks do help, but no one seems to understand that there are many more flu cases then covid and we have a vaccine for flu. About 14.5 million covid cases worldwide and 39-56 million cases of flu during same period, and flu cases are underreported and covid is over reported. These are real numbers off John Hopkins site. A guy died in a motorcycle crash and because he tested positive for covid they listed that as his cause of death. Not saying covid is a hoax, it’s real, but so is the fear monger if surrounding it.

With WAY WAY more people dead of Covid than the flu. Thanks for making the point so well that Covid is far deadlier, which is precisely why we are taking the steps we are taking. :-) It's not 'fear mongering' to point out the obvious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter