• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Netflix

Sometimes I long for the days of antenna TV, with 3 major networks, PBS, and 3 or 4 UHF stations.

You could just have that if you want...nothing to long for.

I am not a big movie person. After the kids are in bed sometimes I only want to invest in 40 minutes, so a tv show works perfect. I have Binged watch so many shows I didn't watch when they originally aired. I love it! We have directv, amazon and netflix. We did have Hulu but it wasn't getting watched so we cancelled it, but I would put it back on to watch a show I couldn't get somewhere else.

We just have Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu. No cable for us. It's worth it just for Jessica Jones and Daredevil. Daredevil Season 2 starts in 2 weeks and they are making more and more shows on their own with great production values.

Definitely worth it for us!

Our 2 kids in college also have access to our account. My DD20 has watched every season on Friends (which took the rest of us 8 crazy years or something like that!)

I am currently watching House of Cards. Almost caught up as the 4th season is just out!!

no Netflix, smartphone, movie channels, twitter, instagram or GPS lol...how on earth do I survive? I DID get Prime when it was $67 but have only used it for shipping, the movies seem pretty useless to me.

I don't have any of those things either other than Netflix! :)

Sometimes I long for the days of antenna TV, with 3 major networks, PBS, and 3 or 4 UHF stations.

This is what I have. Haven't had cable in years. Way too expensive and I wouldn't ever watch enough to make it worth the expense.

You could just have that if you want...nothing to long for.

I am not a big movie person. After the kids are in bed sometimes I only want to invest in 40 minutes, so a tv show works perfect. I have Binged watch so many shows I didn't watch when they originally aired. I love it! We have directv, amazon and netflix. We did have Hulu but it wasn't getting watched so we cancelled it, but I would put it back on to watch a show I couldn't get somewhere else.

True. I can always cancel cable. But DH insists on getting Spike and other man channels. It seems practically everything I watch is on the major networks or local stations. It would be much cheaper to downgrade and get Netflix.

True. I can always cancel cable. But DH insists on getting Spike and other man channels. It seems practically everything I watch is on the major networks or local stations. It would be much cheaper to downgrade and get Netflix.

We have a rook box and a couple of smart tvs, with the rook box we pay for netflix and hulu and we also get streaming with our amazon prime account. I though desperately missed HGTV and my husband missed ESPN so we also now pay for Sling TV which is a live streaming service. We get a whole bunch of cable channels and it's about $20 a month. We get network television for free via an antenna. So we pay like $10 for hulu, $10 for netflix and $20 for sling and have all the tv we could possibly want and with the roku box we can easily watch tv in whatever room we want by moving it. When we had cable we were paying well over $100 a month. We've been without cable for 2 years now and I don't miss it.

I didn't know there were still people who don't have Netflix...
I'm one of them. I used the free trial and exhausted their selection that interested me (I like non-fiction/documentaries) but that was a few years ago. I got a bit miffed at their offers of "this isn't available, we suggest that" and it wasn't even remotely the same. Still haven't decided what I'm going to do when I move.

We have a rook box and a couple of smart tvs, with the rook box we pay for netflix and hulu and we also get streaming with our amazon prime account. I though desperately missed HGTV and my husband missed ESPN so we also now pay for Sling TV which is a live streaming service. We get a whole bunch of cable channels and it's about $20 a month. We get network television for free via an antenna. So we pay like $10 for hulu, $10 for netflix and $20 for sling and have all the tv we could possibly want and with the roku box we can easily watch tv in whatever room we want by moving it. When we had cable we were paying well over $100 a month. We've been without cable for 2 years now and I don't miss it.

Thanks for the suggestions. My cable is bundled with internet and it's over $100 per month.

We have cable and Netflix. My kids like the kids section... The only thing I watch on there is the English post World War I crime drama Peaky Blinders. I have yet to find the time to watch anything else on there though. I do a lot of on demand cable from my tablet though.

I have amazon prime. Each time I look to see what movies may be on netflix, I notice quite a few of the same movies that are on amazon.
I also have HBO subscription. You cant get a stand alone HBO app if you have Apple tv.

Definitely worth it for us!

Our 2 kids in college also have access to our account. My DD20 has watched every season on Friends (which took the rest of us 8 crazy years or something like that!)

OMG yes! I don't know how we did it, waiting a whole week between episodes, and then like 6 months between seasons! That was the big reason that I didn't watch 24 when it aired. When it finished and came to DVD, I think I watched the entire series in a few days. No way I could have waited a week between eps. I even do that with current network shows - we dvr them and then watch several at once.

The only thing that I dislike about Netflix is that if you just let your season play, around the 3rd episode it gets all judgy and asks "Are you STILL watching?"

Definitely worth it. DH and I got rid of cable a year ago and just have Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix now. I miss watching baseball and award shows (live) but I'd rather be cable bill free

The only potential better value than Netflix is if you have Amazon Prime you get free streaming of movies/TV shows/etc. Prime has some stuff that Netflix doesn't, like HBO series

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place but I've never found an HBO show in Amazon Prime Video. At least not the ones I want to watch.

^Yeah, I'm going to be one of those "best show ever" people--because it is:

hqdefault.jpg

We ditched cable when we moved to our new house (2011). We have an antenna and a Roku. We stream Netflix and Amazon Prime on the Roku.
Internet is $70 something, Netflix is $8/month, and I've gotten Amazon Prime for $79 the last several years (but will have to pay $99 in June)...still well under $100/month for internet and television.
Netflix-We are really into House of Cards. It's also just nice to watch an older series that you may have missed consecutively

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter