Never done this, can it de done ?

vinmar4

DIS Veteran
Hello to all,
So we have never been to DW for Christmas , or during the other dates when you can’t use the Gold AP , but we are taking our first Grandson this Christmas!
So, I wanted to ask if I should buy the 7 or 8 day tickets and on the last day upgrade to the Gold AP so we don’t have to buy 4 Platinum passes, since we are not going to use them again during those Holidays. We may go again for Thanksgiving 2020. Does it make sense ? Will I be saving money?
Thanks in advance !

Hello to all,
So we have never been to DW for Christmas , or during the other dates when you can’t use the Gold AP , but we are taking our first Grandson this Christmas!
So, I wanted to ask if I should buy the 7 or 8 day tickets and on the last day upgrade to the Gold AP so we don’t have to buy 4 Platinum passes, since we are not going to use them again during those Holidays. We may go again for Thanksgiving 2020. Does it make sense ? Will I be saving money?
Thanks in advance !
I am new to this so I do not know if that would work but it is a great idea if it does.

Ha, good idea but I don't think any purchased tickets used during blackout dates can apply to the AP. Knowing Disney, they have this figured out already but maybe worth trying? Very curious to see if someone has tried this.

Yes, we did this the first year black out dates were introduced but I would call to make sure.

We did this exact thing a few years ago. Bought 7 day park hoppers and upgraded them January 2nd to gold passes. Only problem was the outrageous line at customer service in Disney Springs with 10000 other people trying to do the same thing. I think I waited 2 hours that day!

Hello to all,
Thanks in advance !
Yes you can. We are doing this on our Christmas trip this year.

Hello to all,
Thanks in advance !

Multiple people on the Ticket sticky (at top of Theme Parks board) have reported successfully doing exactly that. So yes, it does make sense. If you buy your tickets from an authorized reseller (Undercover Tourist, Maple Leaf Tickets, etc.) you might save money but you'll have to do the math on that to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter