New ‘Magic Happens’ Parade to Premiere on Feb. 28, 2020 at Disneyland Park

We arrived the Main St train platform around 1 hr ahead of the 6pm start and snagged the last two bench seats.

People were lined up longer but there were still seats here and there around an hour ahead. Filled up pretty shortly thereafter.

Watching the parade by Alice bathrooms right now and the music transitions are still not completely lined up over here.

Is anyone so far feeling like the plaza inn parade dining package is worth it for the Magic Happens parade?
Other than this fun cake?400E82F6-4D3B-4B11-8B28-17E447CE6FD1.jpeg

If it’s where it was in the past. It’s in front of jolly holiday.
Did the dining package today and we were told to return to the train station. I’ll report back after the parade this evening. I am in a group of 4 with one very picky eater. We all enjoyed the meal and took the cake to go. People were sitting in parade locations around 1:00 for the 3:30 parade. We returned to our hotel since then so I can’t let you know when people began sitting for the 6:00 parade.

Did the dining package today and we were told to return to the train station. I’ll report back after the parade this evening. I am in a group of 4 with one very picky eater. We all enjoyed the meal and took the cake to go. People were sitting in parade locations around 1:00 for the 3:30 parade. We returned to our hotel since then so I can’t let you know when people began sitting for the 6:00 parade.
People began eating for the 6 parade when the first ended

They opened the plaza inn package viewing at 5:30. My party arrived at 5 and we are three rows deep behind the curb across from the train station. To decide if it’s worth it, you have to decide if you want to camp out fore a few hours before the parade OR if you want to arrive at 5:00 and get a decent spot. I am wondering if there isn’t great spots at small world that are available for free. I am on the short side so this is less than ideal for me. I wouldn’t book the package again.

They opened the plaza inn package viewing at 5:30. My party arrived at 5 and we are three rows deep behind the curb across from the train station. To decide if it’s worth it, you have to decide if you want to camp out fore a few hours before the parade OR if you want to arrive at 5:00 and get a decent spot. I am wondering if there isn’t great spots at small world that are available for free. I am on the short side so this is less than ideal for me. I wouldn’t book the package again.
For the first parade, I tried looking for a spot by Small World and had no luck. I had to go all the way down on Main Street across from Jolly Holiday.

In regards to people showing up early to the viewing sections. That has been a common theme it seems. When I did the Plaza In package for the Main Street Electrical parade, I got a curb spot, but I happened to be at the benches by the train station, when I saw them letting people sit. So I went over there and sat down. I think that was about 30 minutes before the time they had listed on the tickets.

For the first parade, I tried looking for a spot by Small World and had no luck. I had to go all the way down on Main Street across from Jolly Holiday.

In regards to people showing up early to the viewing sections. That has been a common theme it seems. When I did the Plaza In package for the Main Street Electrical parade, I got a curb spot, but I happened to be at the benches by the train station, when I saw them letting people sit. So I went over there and sat down. I think that was about 30 minutes before the time they had listed on the tickets.
I was expecting a line since we arrived later than I would prefer (I was overruled in the group regarding time of arrival) and once I saw the queue I wasn’t expecting a great curbside spot. I am happy to be near the beginning and will enjoy it regardless. I will be back in April and will just find a spot as needed then.

The parade was great!!! Wasn’t a big fan of the music, but I enjoyed the modern characters my favorite float is Moana’s!! 18BDAC84-CB1A-46E7-AF69-B27F8B15641A.jpeg

I enjoyed the parade. The dining package food was....just ok. My family all thought it was a bit greasy though and it didn’t settle well with them. Because it was the first day of the parade AND our first day at the park, I don’t think we would have had the patience to get a spot anywhere else. We arrived around an hour early to the reserved area and had a choice pick of spots sitting on the curb. It’s across the street from the Main Street train station.

People seem to start putting down blankets and other placeholders by 1:30, which makes going between the street and the Main St shops difficult. I wouldn’t be surprised if they start instituting rules around what time you can start reserving curb seating outside of the reserved area.

I enjoyed the parade. The dining package food was....just ok. My family all thought it was a bit greasy though and it didn’t settle well with them. Because it was the first day of the parade AND our first day at the park, I don’t think we would have had the patience to get a spot anywhere else. We arrived around an hour early to the reserved area and had a choice pick of spots sitting on the curb. It’s across the street from the Main Street train station.

People seem to start putting down blankets and other placeholders by 1:30, which makes going between the street and the Main St shops difficult. I wouldn’t be surprised if they start instituting rules around what time you can start reserving curb seating outside of the reserved area.

What were the food options?

What were the food options?
We weren’t given any options although maybe there are dietary restriction alternatives. One piece of fried chicken and one piece of chimichurri steak, mashed potatoes, a chocolate raspberry mini Bundt cake for dessert, and a fountain beverage of your choice. Kids meal was chicken tenders, apple sauce, same dessert and beverage. Very hearty meal for sure.

We weren’t given any options although maybe there are dietary restriction alternatives. One piece of fried chicken and one piece of chimichurri steak, mashed potatoes, a chocolate raspberry mini Bundt cake for dessert, and a fountain beverage of your choice. Kids meal was chicken tenders, apple sauce, same dessert and beverage. Very hearty meal for sure.

Thanks! I was hoping the fried chicken would be part of the meal. It’s good to hear that it is.

How was the reserved seating area? Were people pretty packed in? Do you think you saved any time with the reserved seating or could you have gotten a spot anyway elsewhere with about the same wait?

The crowds and lines for the parade on Friday and Saturday was much more intense than the soft opening on Thursday. Glad we worked it out to watch earlier.

Thanks! I was hoping the fried chicken would be part of the meal. It’s good to hear that it is.

How was the reserved seating area? Were people pretty packed in? Do you think you saved any time with the reserved seating or could you have gotten a spot anyway elsewhere with about the same wait?

I went on Friday and it wasn’t packed in at all. We got there an hour early to be able to sit on the curb. If you’re ok to stand in the second row behind the curb sitters, you could definitely have gotten there at 5:30 or later.

I didn’t really investigate other seating areas but people were lining up super early. Of course it’s opening weekend. So based on what I saw, it was worth it for us!

The crowds and lines for the parade on Friday and Saturday was much more intense than the soft opening on Thursday. Glad we worked it out to watch earlier.
I went on Friday and it wasn’t packed in at all. We got there an hour early to be able to sit on the curb. If you’re ok to stand in the second row behind the curb sitters, you could definitely have gotten there at 5:30 or later.

I didn’t really investigate other seating areas but people were lining up super early. Of course it’s opening weekend. So based on what I saw, it was worth it for us!
The most packed areas seemed to be near Small World and Fantasyland for the first parade. But I found a spot near JOlly Holiday with no problem 40 minutes before the parade began. Granted I was solo, but still. They let us sit on the ground and right before they have the people in the middle and back stand and scoot forward. When we scooted forward, more people were able to fit behind us.

Does the parade start in Fantasyland both times of the day or does it go the other way from Main Street?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter