New BOG Dinner Menu

Yes but when reservations were made - did people still know about the changes? My reservation just says "Be Our Guest Dinner". If you click through to view the restaurant, the change is highlighted in red but if you just book right from a search that notice isn't shown as far as I can see. If people follow Disney Parks Blog, come here, or any Disney social media they probably knew about change but I'm not surprised that people don't know yet.
I booked from the link for MNSSHP dining. I booked in June -- before the menu change -- for an Aug. dinner. So, I'm not sure how long ADR was down but that wasn't the case for me. When I booked there was just a notice in red that there would be a change to "prix fixe" as of July, with no other details.

I booked from the link for MNSSHP dining. I booked in June -- before the menu change -- for an Aug. dinner. So, I'm not sure how long ADR was down but that wasn't the case for me. When I booked there was just a notice in red that there would be a change to "prix fixe" as of July, with no other details.

But you had a notice in red which should be enough for most people to at least do a little research to find out what the change was. There were more details on Disney's site to be easily found.

Has anyone tried the new dinner menu with picky kids? The only thing I think my 6 year old might eat is the mac & cheese, but the breadcrumb topping may be a dealbreaker for her... I wonder if we could get it w/o the topping. Looking forward to hearing more reviews!

But you had a notice in red which should be enough for most people to at least do a little research to find out what the change was. There were more details on Disney's site to be easily found.
I'm not arguing the point that the notice was sufficient, I agree. I'm just replying to the poster who said that the site was down at some point before the new menu was up. I could not access a menu while making a reservation.

Has anyone tried the new dinner menu with picky kids? The only thing I think my 6 year old might eat is the mac & cheese, but the breadcrumb topping may be a dealbreaker for her... I wonder if we could get it w/o the topping. Looking forward to hearing more reviews!
I’m thinking the same thing with my 6 yr old! The only thing she would eat is the Mac & cheese and I will have to scrape off all the bread crumbs before she would touch it! So $35 for her to eat a roll, some fruit and dessert!

Has anyone done or observed someone still trying to only order dessert since the new menu change? I have seen in some FB groups where people are wondering if they could pay the $55 price tag and only order dessert..... Made me curious about how they are/will handle this request.

Has anyone done or observed someone still trying to only order dessert since the new menu change? I have seen in some FB groups where people are wondering if they could pay the $55 price tag and only order dessert..... Made me curious about how they are/will handle this request.
If they are willing to pay the Prix Fixe price per person I doubt they would turn them away, but I can't see anyone paying $55 pp for dessert

Any reviews on the kids menu? When we went in March, the kids salmon was a joke. My 2 year old ended up eating half of mine because his was maybe 1.5oz. I'm hoping the kids portions are now decent.

If they are willing to pay the Prix Fixe price per person I doubt they would turn them away, but I can't see anyone paying $55 pp for dessert
You'd be surprised.... I'm sure there aren't a ton of people that would do that, but this is a direct question from someone is a Disney FB group I'm in.
"has anyone ever gone to BOG for dinner and just had dessert? how long do you think it would take to eat, meet the beast, and be out?
i know they have the new prix fixe menu and we're spending 2 TS on the grey stuff. but the birthday girl wants to meet the beast and we have dining credits to spare."

You'd be surprised.... I'm sure there aren't a ton of people that would do that, but this is a direct question from someone is a Disney FB group I'm in.
"has anyone ever gone to BOG for dinner and just had dessert? how long do you think it would take to eat, meet the beast, and be out?
i know they have the new prix fixe menu and we're spending 2 TS on the grey stuff. but the birthday girl wants to meet the beast and we have dining credits to spare."

The server would probably try to convince them to order more courses, because they didn't want them complaining later that they paid $55 for dessert. It's hard to imagine anyone would choose to do that. Once the guest convinced them they understood they were entitled to three courses, but only wanted dessert for $55 or 2 TS, I don't think any server would have a problem with it. That said, a smart server would get the manager to verify the guests only wanted dessert for full price.

I saw that post today too and was like "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

This is crazy! Why not just eat dinner at that point? What else is on the schedule that you can not cut back a little to eat the meal you are paying for? Or maybe they need to drop the dining plan altogether if they have so many credits to waste.

Any reviews on the kids menu? When we went in March, the kids salmon was a joke. My 2 year old ended up eating half of mine because his was maybe 1.5oz. I'm hoping the kids portions are now decent.

We were there last Saturday, me and my 6 year old. My quick review - we were seated fairly quickly which was nice. However we then waited 19 minutes at the table before I flagged someone down to ask who was supposed to be our waiter because we really wanted to order and no one had even said hello since we sat down. The manager came over a few minutes later, apologized, promised to make sure we were taken care of and took our order. Never saw him again. Throughout the night we had at least 3 different people come to the table - I had no idea who was the actual wait person. Our order was wrong, I had to ask 3 more times for my one glass of wine to finally appear and my daughter's water to be refilled. She and I both had steak. The food quality was excellent, the portions great. My daughter was starving by the time the food finally appeared, but her kids steak was plenty for her to eat although they gave her the wrong side item, and ended up bringing her two others to replace it. The desserts were well presented but small bites unless you really love white chocolate and wants to eat the entire chip cup. We were ok with that since we were getting free ice cream later at After Hours. And we ended up being there almost 2 hours most of which we were just waiting on waitstaff to take our order, bring food and bring the check. Overall I give the food high marks but the service was terrible.

Yes, we were just there and I would say one DD is a bland eater and the other is picky. Picky DD did not like the breadcrumb topping. I also had to order her french onion soup. Other, DD wanted the mac and cheese but due to her age could not order off kids menu. So, she did the steak and liked it. DH tried the octopus and thought it was chewy. This was one of our fav restaurants and we would not go back there for dinner. I had the seafood dish, it was good.

Love how the desert was presented.

Yes, we were just there and I would say one DD is a bland eater and the other is picky. Picky DD did not like the breadcrumb topping. I also had to order her french onion soup. Other, DD wanted the mac and cheese but due to her age could not order off kids menu. So, she did the steak and liked it. DH tried the octopus and thought it was chewy. This was one of our fav restaurants and we would not go back there for dinner. I had the seafood dish, it was good.

Love how the desert was presented.

Good to hear a recent report- thanks! BOG has been one of our favorite dinners too, but I'm worried with picky kiddos the $ and time commitment the new dinner requires might not be worth it (although I personally am dying to try it!).

YIKES! I am opposed to spending 2 credits there for dinner, never mind spending them on dessert! I am not going to turn this thread into a DDP value thread, but the folks who do this are the folks who others use for examples regarding DDP vs no DDP. No matter how you look at it, those credits are worth money, and you paid money for them. They are not tokens given away at an arcade. THe day that I have 2 TS credits "extra" to toss away on grey stuff is the day I drop the DDP from my package and pay OOP.

Good to hear a recent report- thanks! BOG has been one of our favorite dinners too, but I'm worried with picky kiddos the $ and time commitment the new dinner requires might not be worth it (although I personally am dying to try it!).
I probably should have went over the changes beforehand. The desert presentation was TDF! I know we will never book there again unless the menu changes for dinner. We would still do a lunch there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter