New BOG Dinner Menu

Haven't read through all posts but just thought I'd share my two cents after having done this a couple of weeks ago. All four of us were really disappointed in our meals, and there is no chance that we'll be doing this again. Food was mediocre at best, left on the plate at worst. Definitely not worth the money or the chance to eat in the castle.

Last edited:
Just picked up an adr for next month. Does anyone know if my 11 year old would be able to order from the kids fixed menu?
Also anyone who has gone to BOG since the change have any photos or reviews? I did see the Tim Tracker video on YouTube and they seemed to think it was worth it if anyone wants to check that out.

Haven't read through all posts but just thought I'd share my two cents after having done this a couple of weeks ago. All four of us were really disappointed in our meals, and there is no chance that we'll be doing this again. Food was mediocre at best, left on the plate at worst. Definitely not worth the money or the chance to eat in the castle.
Was the food poorly prepared or just not what you would usually order?

Just picked up an adr for next month. Does anyone know if my 11 year old would be able to order from the kids fixed menu?
Also anyone who has gone to BOG since the change have any photos or reviews? I did see the Tim Tracker video on YouTube and they seemed to think it was worth it if anyone wants to check that out.

I think she can but you'll still pay the adult price

Was the food poorly prepared or just not what you would usually order?
I'd say poorly prepared. All four of us ordered different things, so I guess we sampled a fair bit of the menu. A few things that really stood out... the octopus was TOUGH (nothing like the awesome dish we get at Tiffins and around where we live), the filet was overcooked, the salad app was really bland with a crisp in it that was insanely sweet, and several things were way too salty including the bouillabaisse.

The ONLY saving grace was the very cute dessert. More for appearance than for taste, though, honestly.

It felt like they got the structure of a higher-class menu right, with none of the execution skills. It felt mass-produced, if that makes sense. I'm not too surprised that it wasn't great given the size of the venue, but it was worse than we expected for sure.

To give some context, we all try just about anything and are adventurous eaters. We love everything from Liberty Tree to Jiko, Tiffins and the signature F&W events. This just wasn't good, unfortunately. I was hoping we'd like it as we enjoy eating in the beast's castle every now and then. :)

I'd say poorly prepared. All four of us ordered different things, so I guess we sampled a fair bit of the menu. A few things that really stood out... the octopus was TOUGH (nothing like the awesome dish we get at Tiffins and around where we live), the filet was overcooked, the salad app was really bland with a crisp in it that was insanely sweet, and several things were way too salty including the bouillabaisse.

The ONLY saving grace was the very cute dessert. More for appearance than for taste, though, honestly.

It felt like they got the structure of a higher-class menu right, with none of the execution skills. It felt mass-produced, if that makes sense. I'm not too surprised that it wasn't great given the size of the venue, but it was worse than we expected for sure.

To give some context, we all try just about anything and are adventurous eaters. We love everything from Liberty Tree to Jiko, Tiffins and the signature F&W events. This just wasn't good, unfortunately. I was hoping we'd like it as we enjoy eating in the beast's castle every now and then. :)

You answered my unspoken question so thank you! Ive just seen so many reviews where people have said they hated the new menu but its just because they don't like that kind of food. We're adventurous eaters as well so this is a bummer to hear.

You answered my unspoken question so thank you! Ive just seen so many reviews where people have said they hated the new menu but its just because they don't like that kind of food. We're adventurous eaters as well so this is a bummer to hear.
Agreed. It’s a shame. :( I was really hoping for something we’d like — feels like MK needs an actual signature and still doesn’t have it.

Agreed. It’s a shame. :( I was really hoping for something we’d like — feels like MK needs an actual signature and still doesn’t have it.

MK certainly needs a true signature, but for some reason Disney cannot seem to understand that and keeps trying to compromise to accommodate who? I still cannot figure it out. They had an opportunity to do this right, but they stopped short. $55 for a three course meal is not really a proper price point if they were striving for quality that was consistently on point.

This restaurant is a giant cavern to begin with, but there are ways to make it a tad more intimate, since they cannot staff to capacity. They also always fail it with many more who are unable to make their ADR's so they could bump up the price a bit, increase the quality of the offerings, and let guests decide if they want to pay that money or not.

Thanks for the review. The menu sounded appealing, but it sounds like they haven't been able to step it up from cafeteria-execution.

They just cannot make tha leap can they?

MK certainly needs a true signature, but for some reason Disney cannot seem to understand that and keeps trying to compromise to accommodate who? I still cannot figure it out. They had an opportunity to do this right, but they stopped short. $55 for a three course meal is not really a proper price point if they were striving for quality that was consistently on point.

This restaurant is a giant cavern to begin with, but there are ways to make it a tad more intimate, since they cannot staff to capacity. They also always fail it with many more who are unable to make their ADR's so they could bump up the price a bit, increase the quality of the offerings, and let guests decide if they want to pay that money or not.

They just cannot make tha leap can they?
If they revamp, increase price and aim for REAL signature, we’d give it another shot — otherwise, nope.

We were there for dinner a few nights ago, 2 adults and 1 "Disney" adult. (13 yo son) We are all quite adventurous eaters so none of the menu intimidated us. We asked to be seated in the West Wing and we were.

While the West Wing definitely has less of a "cafeteria" feel than the Grand Ballroom (which is where we sat on our last dinner there a few years ago), it was quite dark, very loud at times when the thunder got loud and I felt it was a bit on the cold side. (But that's just me, I get cold easily!) If we go back, we will probably ask to sit in the Castle Gallery, if for no other reason than we have not been in there yet.

DS is 13 and most times can out-eat me so there was no question about getting a kids menu. Most of the places we ate at asked us if he would like one and he always refused.

I had the lobster bisque, filet mignon and the dessert trio.
DH had the french onion soup, pork tenderloin and desserts.
DS had the assorted meats and artisanal cheeses, pork tenderloin and the kids version of the dessert trio. (no Grand Marnier ganache for him!)

My bisque was fine, served in the most ridiculously oversized bowl. It had a lovely flavour but I was hard pressed to find any lobster pieces.
DH enjoyed his french onion soup, it was pretty much a classic version of it and that is hard to screw up!
DS ate almost everything on his appetizer, and even discovered that he likes blue cheese! The selection could be a bit challenging for people who are not as adventurous.

My filet mignon was cooked to a perfect medium rare as requested and the accompaniments were very good. My complaint about this dish was that the meat was overly salty...and I am someone who LOVES salt! Also, the portion for me was way to big. None of us are big eaters and none of us finished either our mains or desserts.

DH and DS really liked their pork tenderloin and both of them felt that the pork belly was cooked extremely well.

DS finished 3/4 of his dessert, leaving most of the white chocolate "Chip" cup.
DH and I thought the macaron was good, the chocolate truffle had a good flavour but was too rich and neither of us liked the "Chip" cup and grey stuff. (FTR, we have had the grey stuff in DL and enjoyed it more there.)

Our service was not great. She had issues with pacing right from the start and out of all the restaurants we went to this was the one with the most disappointing service. She was not terrible, but just not great.

All in all, we thought the meal was fine but nothing amazing. Would we go back? Maybe. We are not planning to head back to the East Coast until 2020 (We are on the West Coast so we head to DL more often) and who knows what the menu will look like then.

We were there for dinner a few nights ago, 2 adults and 1 "Disney" adult. (13 yo son) We are all quite adventurous eaters so none of the menu intimidated us. We asked to be seated in the West Wing and we were.

While the West Wing definitely has less of a "cafeteria" feel than the Grand Ballroom (which is where we sat on our last dinner there a few years ago), it was quite dark, very loud at times when the thunder got loud and I felt it was a bit on the cold side. (But that's just me, I get cold easily!) If we go back, we will probably ask to sit in the Castle Gallery, if for no other reason than we have not been in there yet.

DS is 13 and most times can out-eat me so there was no question about getting a kids menu. Most of the places we ate at asked us if he would like one and he always refused.

I had the lobster bisque, filet mignon and the dessert trio.
DH had the french onion soup, pork tenderloin and desserts.
DS had the assorted meats and artisanal cheeses, pork tenderloin and the kids version of the dessert trio. (no Grand Marnier ganache for him!)

My bisque was fine, served in the most ridiculously oversized bowl. It had a lovely flavour but I was hard pressed to find any lobster pieces.
DH enjoyed his french onion soup, it was pretty much a classic version of it and that is hard to screw up!
DS ate almost everything on his appetizer, and even discovered that he likes blue cheese! The selection could be a bit challenging for people who are not as adventurous.

My filet mignon was cooked to a perfect medium rare as requested and the accompaniments were very good. My complaint about this dish was that the meat was overly salty...and I am someone who LOVES salt! Also, the portion for me was way to big. None of us are big eaters and none of us finished either our mains or desserts.

DH and DS really liked their pork tenderloin and both of them felt that the pork belly was cooked extremely well.

DS finished 3/4 of his dessert, leaving most of the white chocolate "Chip" cup.
DH and I thought the macaron was good, the chocolate truffle had a good flavour but was too rich and neither of us liked the "Chip" cup and grey stuff. (FTR, we have had the grey stuff in DL and enjoyed it more there.)

Our service was not great. She had issues with pacing right from the start and out of all the restaurants we went to this was the one with the most disappointing service. She was not terrible, but just not great.

All in all, we thought the meal was fine but nothing amazing. Would we go back? Maybe. We are not planning to head back to the East Coast until 2020 (We are on the West Coast so we head to DL more often) and who knows what the menu will look like then.
Just guessing?

Still a cafeteria. Small portions. Dare I say "all sizzle, no steak"?.....

Now, an option.... grab that Monorail. Head to the California Grill (Contemporary), or Citrico's/Narcoossee's (Grand Floridian). I would include the BEST Restaurant at WDW (V&A, Grand Floridian) - but it's really HARD to go there, right from a Park :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter