• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Countdown...Days to Retirement

So I have been at the new job for six months now and I can say that this was the best move I have made. Well worth it.

So how many days until I retire. Hmm. 20 years. ....

DH and I were talking about this last night, he actively trying to figure out how long we have left to work...

We both wish we could retire tomorrow, but our life style would dramatically diminish from what it is now, so I guess I will work in 2015.... :(

So DH told me 10 years. I have 10 years left to work according to his calculations. I guess that is not too bad, I am almost 43 so to stop working at 53 will not be the end of the world for me.

so I work 5 days a week, for 52 weeks would be 260 days a year. But we average 4 weeks vacation a year so really only 240 days a year.

so 10 years worth would be 2400 days of work.
8 hours a day would be 19,200 hours.
60 minutes in a day would be 1,152,000 minutes
60 seconds in a minutes would be 69,120,000 seconds

So does any of this make me feel better?

No not really.

oh I forgot I get 11 paid holidays a year.

So I really only work 229 days a year.
10 years would be 2290 days
8 hour days would be 18,320 hours
60 minutes in an hour would be 1,099,200 minutes
60 seconds in an hour would be 65,952,000 seconds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter