New Credit Card Authorization Holds

babydoll65

Snack Goals!!
Correct, or at least that is my understanding as well.
That's what I figured but it amazes me how many of these Disney groups give out inaccurate information
I am so confused in regards to this. I had planned on paying with the Magic Bands, and then using gift cards to pay it off at the front desk at night. Is this still viable? It is our first time on site so it is our first time using MB to charge.
I am so confused in regards to this. I had planned on paying with the Magic Bands, and then using gift cards to pay it off at the front desk at night. Is this still viable? It is our first time on site so it is our first time using MB to charge.
Yes you can still use gift cards to pay down your balance but if you’re going to use your magic band for charges you have to link a credit card to your reservation in order to do that. If you choose not to link a credit card which is an option then you will just need to bring a Gift cards with you and pay things as you go or use cash also without linking a card to your reservation you will not have the ability to do online check in ahead of time you will need to check in once you get there. You will be subjected to a $100 hold at check-in and anytime you charge over that amount, another $100 hold will be placed. That's why many choose not to do it.

Last edited:

babiipiggiex3

Mouseketeer
That's what I figured but it amazes me how many of these Disney goups

Yes you still can but you will need to like

Yes you can still use gift cards to pay down your balance but if you’re going to use your magic band for charges you have to link a credit card to your reservation in order to do that. If you choose not to link a credit card which is an option then you will just need to bring a Gift cards with you and pay things as you go or use cash also without linking a card to your reservation you will not have the ability to do online check in ahead of time you will need to check in once you get there catcher

Thanks for such a speedy response! At what amount will they actually charge the credit card that I link? Or is that inconsistent?

babydoll65

Snack Goals!!
Thanks for such a speedy response! At what amount will they actually charge the credit card that I link? Or is that inconsistent?
When I was there in September the $100 hold was placed when we checked in .My sister is the one who charged a lot back to the room I very rarely did it LOL before the end of the trip she went down to pay it off but at that point we had about $500 in holds on the credit card that dropped off a couple of days after we checked out

Chuck S

DVC Co-Moderator
They will initially put a $100 pre-authorization in the credit card. I received an alert from the bank about 6 am, while sitting at the airport waiting for our flight to Disney.

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
HAHA I am shocked Citi didn't lock my card for fraud. The whole balance for 2 resorts was paid via GC, but I am laughing at my pending charges dating back to 12/7 when I checked out of my first resort 12/11 (one mobile order snuck in there because the Captain Cook's line was INSANE!) 🤣

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 6.42.41 PM.png

Minnesota!

Shoeless in Minnesota
FWIW - we stayed at Pop two weeks ago for a week. Charged (almost) everything on our bands. Not once was there a hold....I checked it multiple times... So weird.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS