New "Date-Based" ticket prices are up!

March 23. 8 day PHs. 5 people

Price is now $2822
We paid $2396

What we paid is still $200+ less than 4 day tickets.

For my family, ticket increases have been the biggest factor in us going less often. The ticket prices alone are more than what we used to spend on an entire trip when the kids were little. I understand inflation and that prices increase, but it just seems excessive.

I am guessing that the March period (Spring Break) saw some of the highest priced tickets. I am with you, our family of 4 adults (2 adults and 2 Disney adults) the cost of admission is expensive. We are like you though, when we do go, we go for 8-10 nights and have tickets for each day (we Hop too). Our last trip, staying at Pop and no meal plan, was over $8K and tickets were over 1/4 of that and airfare and tickets was over 1/2 of that amount.

So these essentially become length of stay tickets I am guessing or you can skip day 1, day 6 and 7 and buy a 4 day ticket or similar.
Not exactly. For most people, the change won't have much of an impact because they buy a pass that includes admission for every day of their stay anyway. However, for those who stay for a longer period of time and spread their park visits out, this could be an issue. Take for example a family staying at a vacation home for two weeks. They want to enjoy the resort, spend a couple of days exploring the Space Coast or other Orlando attractions, and maybe do some outlet shopping. In the past, they might have purchased a 5-day pass. Now, that 5-day pass will only be valid for 8 days following the start date of the pass (keeping in mind that you actually have to state the start date when making the purchase). That pretty much means that the family will need to plan their purchase AND their days of use more carefully. An all-day rain on one of the planned park days could mean that they lose a day if they don't want to slog thru the rain.

The same deal applies to anyone who does not purchase their tickets as a part of a package...i.e. DVC owners and renters, guests staying with a RO reservation and tickets from a 3rd party, etc. IMO, this is a little short-sighted on Disney's part. It will encourage guests to use their entitlements on consecutive days and then head over to another theme park and hotel. And when they go, they also take the money that they would have spent on alcohol and food had they stayed at Disney longer.

It all makes me so very glad about the military prices being continued... a 5 day ticket for the military with water parks and park hopper is 307$ same tickets for our dates are right around 550 regular price. Can't say 19 years of dealing with a spouse in the military is at all worth the discount though lol.

I am guessing that the March period (Spring Break) saw some of the highest priced tickets. I am with you, our family of 4 adults (2 adults and 2 Disney adults) the cost of admission is expensive. We are like you though, when we do go, we go for 8-10 nights and have tickets for each day (we Hop too). Our last trip, staying at Pop and no meal plan, was over $8K and tickets were over 1/4 of that and airfare and tickets was over 1/2 of that amount.

Our first trip (9 nights at Pop 10 years ago) only cost $2000 (we drove). Most of our other trips have been 12 days and staying at moderates and we still only spent around $4000.

Now tickets alone for my family are $3000.

Parking at the Theme Parks went up to $25/day too.

Pretty sure our trip in April 2020 will be the last for my family. I am the Grandma who pays for my family of 5. My 2 grand daughters are Disney "freaks" like me and I promised them a trip to celebrate my retirement in March 2020 and I intend to keep that promise. Between park tickets, hotel rates, food and airfare I am not sure I want to spend that kind of money after this next trip.

We live in MA and Six Flags NE is about 75 minutes away. One of my neighbors took his family including grands on an NCL cruise to Bermuda this summer and had a blast, that may be our next family vaca after the next WDW trip.

We did this last year, only to the Caribbean. We had a ball! ...and spent much less than we would have on a Disney trip, even adding in shore excursions in every port and on-board charges.

I'm just doing one Disney Park day in the Magic Kingdom first week in March, and those one day tickets are now about $11 less expensive per person than they were before. Previously they had seasonal pricing for one day tickets and an added $10 premium for a one day MK ticket.

I thought UCT had said they would have the old tickets through the end of the month but it appears they are gone. Anyone know if another seller is still selling the old tickets?

I thought UCT had said they would have the old tickets through the end of the month but it appears they are gone. Anyone know if another seller is still selling the old tickets?

I believe all sellers had to switch to the new type of tickets by today. I spent some time today pricing out our summer vacation for next year, and the only site I saw with MYW tickets was Florida Ticket Station - they only had 2, 3 and 4 day tickets listed and I wasn't as confident in the validity of their tickets knowing that all sellers had to be on the new system today.

We are, too!
Off topic I know, but we are going from NKY to Niagara Falls, Keene NH (where my son spent a summer in 2016 on trail restoration), Concord, MA (which is near another site where he worked building a boardwalk), Cape Ann, Boston, Salem, Newport RI, Mystic CT, and finishing up in Southbury CT visiting a friend before heading home.

We have been to Cape Cod before and wanted to go to that area again. I stumbled upon Cape Ann, which I believe is the same type of atmosphere but is an easy drive to Salem and Boston. We will be gone 10 days and I figure we will spend about what we would spend on a week at Disney. Maybe even a little less.

I believe all sellers had to switch to the new type of tickets by today. I spent some time today pricing out our summer vacation for next year, and the only site I saw with MYW tickets was Florida Ticket Station - they only had 2, 3 and 4 day tickets listed and I wasn't as confident in the validity of their tickets knowing that all sellers had to be on the new system today.
I thought that they were allowed to seller their inventory of old tickets THROUGH today.

FWIW, there are a lot of cases where buying older tickets will not save much money vs. waiting. In a few cases, it will be cheaper. However, it does come at the cost of not being flexible with the start date if you buy the new tickets without the flexible option.

I thought that they were allowed to seller their inventory of old tickets THROUGH today.

FWIW, there are a lot of cases where buying older tickets will not save much money vs. waiting. In a few cases, it will be cheaper. However, it does come at the cost of not being flexible with the start date if you buy the new tickets without the flexible option.

I've heard the 29th and the 30th, but just based on my research this morning none of the major resellers must have any old tickets left. UT was updating their site yesterday, and by yesterday afternoon my corporate discount website had already switched over.

The flexibility is definitely an issue. But then for folks who were hoping to save by buying the old MYW tickets and then upgrading to AP's, they are having to pay to convert the tickets to the new style ticket (if the MYW ticket was cheaper than the current pricing) THEN pay to upgrade to AP's. It's not shaking out to be as good a deal as some expected it to be.

Thank you. I did see these but we need 6-day tickets. If we upgrade, are we stuck paying the higher price?

It was addressed on one of the other ticket threads, but if you upgrade using old MYW tickets, they will first convert them to the new style tickets at whatever the rate is when you are using them (which may incur an additional cost, but you won't get a refund if you paid more than the date based tickets for that time frame). Then they will calculate the cost of the upgrade from there. So yes, if you upgrade old style tickets you'll pay the current rate - both to convert to date based tickets and to upgrade.

It was addressed on one of the other ticket threads, but if you upgrade using old MYW tickets, they will first convert them to the new style tickets at whatever the rate is when you are using them (which may incur an additional cost, but you won't get a refund if you paid more than the date based tickets for that time frame). Then they will calculate the cost of the upgrade from there. So yes, if you upgrade old style tickets you'll pay the current rate - both to convert to date based tickets and to upgrade.

Thank you. I missed the other thread. I appreciate your response!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter