New Dining Card Promo and AP and DVC reservations

ryanmilla

DIS Veteran
I just saw the new Dining Card promo being offered for the end of this year. I have a trip booked in December during their window, but booked it through my DVC points at SSR and then plan to use my AP. Since I am not buying a 4-day park ticket, does that make me ineligible for the dining card?

Sorry, if this was answered already in an earlier thread.

I just saw the new Dining Card promo being offered for the end of this year. I have a trip booked in December during their window, but booked it through my DVC points at SSR and then plan to use my AP. Since I am not buying a 4-day park ticket, does that make me ineligible for the dining card?

Sorry, if this was answered already in an earlier thread.
Correct, you are not eligible. Reservations must be made for a cash room at rack rate. Rooms booked with points are not eligible. You have to book a rack rate room during the specified dates and buy a minimum 4 day park ticket to be eligible, it's all detailed in the promo.

Also, it seems in general, the AP/DVC discounts may be better than DDP? That is what I've heard.
AP yes, there might be a better room discount on a room as a pass holder. DVC wouldn’t come into play unless you mean renting points, and that could be a better deal. With the dining card promo you have to book rack rate, so no discount on the room. You have to determine how much you would spend on dining in a trip, when I booked a dining gift card package for the summer, the dining card amount was the equivalent of a 35% room discount, which was not offered at the time we went. And we would definitely spend the amount of the dining card. So it worked out. You have to do the math.

AP yes, there might be a better room discount on a room as a pass holder. DVC wouldn’t come into play unless you mean renting points, and that could be a better deal. With the dining card promo you have to book rack rate, so no discount on the room. You have to determine how much you would spend on dining in a trip, when I booked a dining gift card package for the summer, the dining card amount was the equivalent of a 35% room discount, which was not offered at the time we went. And we would definitely spend the amount of the dining card. So it worked out. You have to do the math.
Ah, I think I may have been confused on the original discussion. I was thinking that if you are an AP/DVC you get 10-15% off dining, and if you are not using the DDP to the full extent, the savings on your food for the week may be negligible 😅

Ah, I think I may have been confused on the original discussion. I was thinking that if you are an AP/DVC you get 10-15% off dining, and if you are not using the DDP to the full extent, the savings on your food for the week may be negligible 😅
You do get dining discounts with an AP/DVC! It’s at most Disney restaurants (not counter service) and normally 10%. Mention it to your server if they don’t ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter