New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Would you lose the 20% deposit or do they just not refund it so it could be used towards another cruise?
Well if you just read the complete fine print it is pretty clear:
Special Booking Policies for Maiden Voyage Only
Guests looking to book the very first sailing aboard the Disney Wish on June 9, 2022 should take note of the following:

Payment: A non-refundable deposit of 20% must be paid by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day of booking. Final payment for suites and concierge-level staterooms is due 150 days prior to setting sail; final payment for all other stateroom types is due 120 days prior to setting sail.

Cancellation Fees: A 50% cancellation fee applies from 44 to 30 days prior to setting sail. A 75% cancellation fee applies from 29 to 15 days prior to setting sail. A 100% cancellation fee applies from 14 days to the date of setting sail.

Restrictions: The Castaway Club member must remain on the reservation to be valid. Date changes are not permitted once a booking is made; Guests must cancel and rebook. Booking cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or future cruise credits.

All these restrictions only belong to the very first maiden cruise. If you cancel your deposit of 20% is gone. For all other cruises of the inaugural season the regular cancellation policies apply.

Well if you just read the complete fine print it is pretty clear:
Special Booking Policies for Maiden Voyage Only
Guests looking to book the very first sailing aboard the Disney Wish on June 9, 2022 should take note of the following:

Payment: A non-refundable deposit of 20% must be paid by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the day of booking. Final payment for suites and concierge-level staterooms is due 150 days prior to setting sail; final payment for all other stateroom types is due 120 days prior to setting sail.

Cancellation Fees: A 50% cancellation fee applies from 44 to 30 days prior to setting sail. A 75% cancellation fee applies from 29 to 15 days prior to setting sail. A 100% cancellation fee applies from 14 days to the date of setting sail.

Restrictions: The Castaway Club member must remain on the reservation to be valid. Date changes are not permitted once a booking is made; Guests must cancel and rebook. Booking cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or future cruise credits.

All these restrictions only belong to the very first maiden cruise. If you cancel your deposit of 20% is gone. For all other cruises of the inaugural season the regular cancellation policies apply.
It is pretty clear depending on what "non-refundable" means.

For some companies "non-refundable" means that the deposit won't be refunded to your credit card but it can be can be kept as a credit towards future purchases.
You are saying that for Disney "non-refundable" means that if you cancel then the deposit is gone.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. :)

Last edited:

Called DCL again today, as my wife pointed something out to me, which with my schedule lately I hadn't caught it before .

I'm going to preface this with a warning I'm merely making a suggestion, and trying to stay neutral on Disneys roll out for the Wish bookings.

Platinum can book for about 7 days before golds, silvers and first time cruisers. This would put a lot of people in a bind and also cause a lot of stress over whether or not you'll be able to book or for how much. In our case, we need minimum 2 cabins for our family, which is 6. Im the only platinum. As it stands, I'm on the 4th day of booking. Theres 4 more days between when my wife and son can book, in which time platinum have free reign. Its 50/50 if there would be any availability for a 2nd cabin. So our options are, book as platinum,, and hope for the best,, or lose a deposit, because we can't get a 2nd cabin,, as I'm not leaving family behind.

So I called DCL, and very nicely explained it to the cm, and asked to be transferred to a supervisor, and mentioned were probably not the only ones in that situation, he did agree with me that it is a valid concern, and he's personally already fielded multiple calls on the Wishesroll out bookings, not the least of which was his daughter, he said he'll forward my concerns to the higher ups.

So here's my suggestion. If you have a legitimate concern, about being able to get a cabin, club status breakdowns, etc, now would be a really good time to call DCL, speak to the cm, nicely,, ask to speak to a supervisor, and have them forward your concern. Im not going to guarantee that anything will change but if no one speaks up, nothing will change.

You can also follow up with an email, to DCL. Im sorry I dont have the address handy, but I would do both.

It is pretty clear depending on what "non-refundable" means.

For some companies "non-refundable" means that the deposit won't be refunded to your credit card but it can be can be kept as a credit towards future purchases.
You are saying that for Disney "non-refundable" means that if you cancel then the deposit is gone.

Thank you for clarifying that. :)

This. They don't explicitly say "lost". I'd assume lost, but Disney is known for exceptions.

Called DCL again today, as my wife pointed something out to me, which with my schedule lately I hadn't caught it before .

I'm going to preface this with a warning I'm merely making a suggestion, and trying to stay neutral on Disneys roll out for the Wish bookings.

Platinum can book for about 7 days before golds, silvers and first time cruisers. This would put a lot of people in a bind and also cause a lot of stress over whether or not you'll be able to book or for how much. In our case, we need minimum 2 cabins for our family, which is 6. Im the only platinum. As it stands, I'm on the 4th day of booking. Theres 4 more days between when my wife and son can book, in which time platinum have free reign. Its 50/50 if there would be any availability for a 2nd cabin. So our options are, book as platinum,, and hope for the best,, or lose a deposit, because we can't get a 2nd cabin,, as I'm not leaving family behind.

So I called DCL, and very nicely explained it to the cm, and asked to be transferred to a supervisor, and mentioned were probably not the only ones in that situation, he did agree with me that it is a valid concern, and he's personally already fielded multiple calls on the Wishesroll out bookings, not the least of which was his daughter, he said he'll forward my concerns to the higher ups.

So here's my suggestion. If you have a legitimate concern, about being able to get a cabin, club status breakdowns, etc, now would be a really good time to call DCL, speak to the cm, nicely,, ask to speak to a supervisor, and have them forward your concern. Im not going to guarantee that anything will change but if no one speaks up, nothing will change.

You can also follow up with an email, to DCL. Im sorry I dont have the address handy, but I would do both.
Well, we’re trying to book something needing two staterooms. We have two gold and 3 silver guests. My wife and I are gold so we have to split ourselves up to get two rooms without waiting. The impact is only 1 day for us as we’re all DVC and could book the next day. But, I don’t disagree with the requirement to have that level Castaway Club member on the room reservation. If platinum could book multiple rooms without putting a platinum cruiser in the room, it would negate the booking advantage for everyone else after.

Well, we’re trying to book something needing two staterooms. We have two gold and 3 silver guests. My wife and I are gold so we have to split ourselves up to get two rooms without waiting. The impact is only 1 day for us as we’re all DVC and could book the next day. But, I don’t disagree with the requirement to have that level Castaway Club member on the room reservation. If platinum could book multiple rooms without putting a platinum cruiser in the room, it would negate the booking advantage for everyone else after.
And I dont disagree with it either. Im also hoping DCL doesnt forget how well the Fantasys merch went for her maiden, and stays with it.

We actually need 4 cabins for our entire family. 2 for my immediate, and 2 additional. I have no problem at all waiting on golds to roll around, to book the 3 remaining cabins. And Im sure, that Im not the only one, that has concerns about being able to book. Im not looking at this strictly from my stand point, but also from the standpoint of those who never experienced a maiden, and those who would like to but are afraid they wont be able to book, because they havent sailed with DCL or are still silver, with no one they can rely on to help get a cabin under a higher club level. (That was actually mentioned in our conversation tonight by the supervisor). From what I gathered tonight, there is a lot of interest in the maiden. If gold opened the next day, I wouldnt be as concerned. But its that 4 day gap, for a total of 7, between the platinums, and the golds that has me concerned. I can see 3 things happening, in no particular order.
1 is that plats book the majority of the cabins and block out most of the remaining club members.
2, the pricing tiers kick in and by the time silvers and general public comes around, people will be priced out.
3, that Disney does some inventory control, to allow everyone a fair shot.

If it was all about me and my family, I wouldnt have said a word, and let the chips fall where they may. Im just trying to remind those that have a legit issue, to voice their concern with DCL, and not do what some on a different forum are doing in bad mouthing certain maritime law enforcement agencies, on a forum, instead of calling the base to voice their concern.

I get what you're saying, but I'm a platinum who has never been on a maiden either. There are a ton of us... I think the way they are doing it is as fair as it will get without them going overboard and asking people who have already been on a maiden to let others have their turn (would never happen in a million years). I admit I don't get the four day gap either except as a way to help with staffing. Having eight days in a row of high rate bookings would be very hard to do with what I assume is still a reduced staff.

I don't think the extra days will really matter. Those who are interested are going to book on the first day they're eligible. I don't think there will be platinum folks who wait until Sunday to book. Or, if they do, wouldn't have if they didn't have that grace period (they would have booked on their day). I don't think those extra days increase interest of the platinum members. I think it just helps make processing the bookings easier for DCL and (in reality) prevents them from having to over staff through the weekend.

I wonder if the delay is so that if anyone changes their mind, the rooms will go back to inventory before Gold books. Maybe they know there will be a flurry of platinums that book quickly and then look at their finances and talk to their spouses.

I wonder if the delay is so that if anyone changes their mind, the rooms will go back to inventory before Gold books. Maybe they know there will be a flurry of platinums that book quickly and then look at their finances and talk to their spouses.

Are you talking about the maiden voyage? If so, I doubt it because the 20% deposit is due by the end of the day that you book and is non-refundable and non-transferable.

Does anybody think they'll share any more information about the ship prior to booking opening up or are we under the impression that Disney thinks what they showed is more than enough to fill the summer dates they are releasing?

Does anybody think they'll share any more information about the ship prior to booking opening up or are we under the impression that Disney thinks what they showed is more than enough to fill the summer dates they are releasing?
I doubt there will be anything new this week. Yes, I think there is enough interest already to fill the ship next summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter