• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Can someone post the email please? I booked a Dec 2020 stay using DVC points 2 days ago. I think I got the email yesterday but accidentally deleted it before I read it!

I think one wrinkle they will need to deal with when determining priority is the chance that within one room reservation, you may have both ticket holders and AP holders. If they treat room+ticket different than room+AP, they will need to default the whole room to the same priority level.

That is why they currently treat AP holders with room reservations the same as ticket holders for FPS.
This won’t be any different. If the first phase give priority to onsite reservations with ticket holders, it won’t matter what type of ticket each guest has when selecting.

Can someone post the email please? I booked a Dec 2020 stay using DVC points 2 days ago. I think I got the email yesterday but accidentally deleted it before I read it!

DVC EMAIL:
An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Park experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.

Also, please note that upon reopening, Extra Magic Hours will be temporarily suspended.

Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests. There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on this new Theme Park reservation system as well as the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

CASH STAY EMAIL:
An Important Walt Disney World Update

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new measures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we will be changing and suspending some Theme Park and Disney Resort hotel experiences, including the temporary suspension of Extra Magic Hours.

In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system. You will receive access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining reservations, experience reservations and FastPass+ selections you may have made. You will be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences.

As a result of physical distancing, capacity in restaurants and availability of dining experiences is very limited and certain experiences such as Character dining cannot be provided. Because of this, we have also made the difficult decision to cancel and temporarily no longer offer Disney dining plans.

We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry. We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation. You will receive a refund of the difference in the package price if you have already paid in full or a reduction in amount due if you have not yet made final payment.

There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We will be contacting you shortly with more details on reservations.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation at any time.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.

I got a DVC email and pass holder email. Looked the same. We t out for this year. I’m done. I put in for my refund for my season passes. Next June for us. I’m just tired of rebooking and redoing dining and fast passes. Plus it’s just not going to be the same for us. Beach for us and fishing my brains out at home this summer and enjoying our pool. I’ll watch all u guys have fun. Be safe enjoy everyone. I know so many people r excited. I am too but I just don’t have it in me anymore.

I have reservations at BLT and BCV in Sept. We have annual passes but my mom who's on our resize has not bought a ticket yet. Think we will be able to get a theme park reservation for my mom?

I have reservations at BLT and BCV in Sept. We have annual passes but my mom who's on our resize has not bought a ticket yet. Think we will be able to get a theme park reservation for my mom?
Not without a ticket linked to her in MDE. They don’t say when they will begin selling tickets again. They have implied that they will have a specific order in which they will open up access to the park reservation system. Once all of those people in those groups have made their selections, Disney will sell tickets again. At least that’s the way I’m interpreting their email.

I bought tickets from UT on Wednesday. I got the physical tickets by snail mail but they also have e-tickets that arrive in a matter of hours after you order. My tickets arrived today and I easily linked them in MDE. Maybe you can order a ticket for her now? I don’t know how long the 3rd party ticket sellers will be able to continue selling tickets.

I was wondering about this type of thing also. I have resizes at BCV in September also. But I hadn't yet gotten around to buying my park tickets. Now that Disney has suspended ticket sales, I wonder if that means I'm out of luck as far as this theme park reservation system is concerned. If so, I may have to decide if a resort only trip is worth it.

I was wondering about this type of thing also. I have resizes at BCV in September also. But I hadn't yet gotten around to buying my park tickets. Now that Disney has suspended ticket sales, I wonder if that means I'm out of luck as far as this theme park reservation system is concerned. If so, I may have to decide if a resort only trip is worth it.

I do think we really have to wait to get more information as to how they decide to cluster people with reservations.

It’s surprising they opened up AP sales already...could that mean that those with reservations will be okay?

Rememver, no one can make or even modify a cash reservations, Only DVC owners can still reserve.

For me, it’s the wait..I think this is harder than getting a date for DVC resorts. All my guests for August have tickets, but 3 of them have not booked airfare because they won’t come if they can’t get into a park each day.

Agree. I think top 2 should be
1. onsite with dated tickets
2. onsite with AP.

Or just combine them to 1) Online with some type of already purchsed ticket/pass
IMO your 2nd option should be in the number one spot.

No idea how that would work though when many in one reservation could have different sort of tix (APH, multi day, even complimentary ones from RoTR issues)
Here is how I read it, Current people with tickets and reservations have a 99% chance they will get a park each day of the trip,,,may not be the exact order they want, but someone with a 6 day pass will get to use it,

I think everyone in that category will be given some sort of li through MDE to reserve your days and once those are all booked, they will open it up to the rest,
Again, just a musing, why not just arbitrarily assign a park of the day to each reservation? Wouldn’t be popular but might be easier for people to then try to modify.
They seem to be making this more complicated than necessary. Limit people to one park per day, for now, even AP holders. Don't sell park hoppers for the time being. Give priority to onsite guests. Reinstitute dining ADRs limited to ONE restaurant per day, along with Fastpasses, and use those as reservations to enter that one park where the Dining/Fastpasses are booked.
I don’t see the hopping portion of APHs being valid at the get-go

As for ADRs, akin to heresy here, but a perfect time to experiment with suspending them. Harkening back to pre uber planning days, walks ups only or even same day online in these circumstances.
If you don’t have a resort reservation, then they set a different amount of days you can hold. They have to disclose this, since we, as AP holders, are supposed to be able to go to WDW any time we aren’t blocked out.
Thinking it will be along the line of how many days an APH can schedule a FP+

While DVC is scheduled to be open, they are definitely consolidating the other resorts. Before they shut down CRO reservations entirely other than cancellations, the only resorts that were initially showing as options in MDE when i went in to consider modifying our DVC-cancelled/Pop rescheduled for early august trip were: Pop, AoA, CB & YC.

For some reason I keep checking my email inbasket and hoping to find an updated invoice from Disney... This is probably due to receiving two emails from Disney just yesterday.

Since the free DDP deal required at least the purchase of a 2 day park ticket, I wonder if Disney will also cancel those tickets. I was going to just use those to upgrade our Gold APs to Platinum. Depending on the type of room and resort that Disney places us into this will play into our ultimate decision of canceling or not. Prior resort was Caribbean Beach studio for 5 nights and than DVC Poly studio for 4 nights.

IMO your 2nd option should be in the number one spot.

No idea how that would work though when many in one reservation could have different sort of tix (APH, multi day, even complimentary ones from RoTR issues)

Again, just a musing, why not just arbitrarily assign a park of the day to each reservation? Wouldn’t be popular but might be easier for people to then try to modify.

I don’t see the hopping portion of APHs being valid at the get-go

As for ADRs, akin to heresy here, but a perfect time to experiment with suspending them. Harkening back to pre uber planning days, walks ups only or even same day online in these circumstances.

Thinking it will be along the line of how many days an APH can schedule a FP+

While DVC is scheduled to be open, they are definitely consolidating the other resorts. Before they shut down CRO reservations entirely other than cancellations, the only resorts that were initially showing as options in MDE when i went in to consider modifying our DVC-cancelled/Pop rescheduled for early august trip were: Pop, AoA, CB & YC.

From my TA friend, they have been told that park hopping is a no go at the start...for how long, no one knows,

I also think that on-site guests, regardless of ticket, wont be treated differently.

Unless Disney changes course, the DVC resorts will remain the only ones open for a little while, and the cash guests elsewhere when parks open will be moved to one of those complexes.

But, I do think that they should be able to manage giving on-site guests...especially if they don’t open all resorts...one park per day, even if it isn’t a park of choice,

I have purchased tickets , Villa reservations (DVC), and an August reservation (bumped from March, and then June) and did not get the email saying I would be getting any information about the reservation system. I don't get it.

Since Riveria will be open you have to imagine they will open the skyliner. Might be a harder sell for their new shinny DVC property if the skyliner isn't in operation.

I have purchased tickets , Villa reservations (DVC), and an August reservation (bumped from March, and then June) and did not get the email saying I would be getting any information about the reservation system. I don't get it.
I heard they have millions of reservations to move and consider... Takes time even in an automated system.

We have DVC reservations at AKV checking in Sept 25th. I bought tickets a while back from UT but didn't link them to MDE until Thursday night. Curious to find out where we will fall on the priority list.

You might check your communication options in MDE. If email is set to no they won’t send you an email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter